• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
attachment.php

is this because of Mamluk's infamy? why does the BB reduction apply to taking a BB's core?
25% infamy means -25% infamy cost or you only get 25% of the normal infamy?

is this because of Mamluk's infamy? why does the BB reduction apply to taking a BB's core?
25% infamy means -25% infamy cost or you only get 25% of the normal infamy?

Its because the Mamelukes are past the badboy threshold. It applies to everything because its there to punish badboys. And it means you only get 25% of the normal infamy, which now means 1BB per province.

What difficulty level is Brother Bean playing on?

On "very hard" difficulty, the player gets a morale penalty and the AI gets a morale bonus. From what I can tell, it seems as though morale is MUCH more important than before because of the new HttT rule where armies with zero morale are eliminated.

Am I right about this? Is morale much more important in HttT? Or am I missing something? Thanks in advance

Its because the Mamelukes are past the badboy threshold. It applies to everything because its there to punish badboys. And it means you only get 25% of the normal infamy, which now means 1BB per province.
that isn't fair. why is it justifiable to annex a rightful territory of a bad boy? for instance, was it justifiable for the US to annex West Germany after WW2?

that isn't fair. why is it justifiable to annex a rightful territory of a bad boy? for instance, was it justifiable for the US to annex West Germany after WW2?

After WWII, Stalin set up puppet governments in half of Europe. It wasn't *popular*, but it didn't spark a badboy war either, just a US warning. And the great powers took their bites of the states Napoleon had rolled over as well. People don't mind as much when your warmongering is restoring the balance of power, which is what winning a badboy war denotes. (Besides, WCs are too easy. :p)

I'd come up with more examples if I could think of more historical badboy wars.

Pfft, they lasted for a thousand years, what's a few hundred more? :p

lol. True that, I guess. Looking forward to following your AAR, btw.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20500&d=1260375369

about this Oman thingy,.. Whay Cant it have at least 2 consekvenses.. like +1 tradition or something alike?

I think it's one of those... what do you call them? Jokes? ;)

I like this idea.

I don't. Culture is not the same as religion. Wtf would happen in Germany during the reformation if culture was heavily linked to religion?

PS: Say, Brother Bean do you speak Greek? I ask because you have been making some references in their original Greek alphabet.

Sometimes, when I'm alone at night, I take out my dictionary and my grammar book, spend an hour pouring over a simple text, and pretend that I do. ;)

I have studied it, and I can decipher it, but that's about it.

Because Byzantium was chosen for this AAR, it's more focused on war than it would be for other countries. My question is: Is there more to do in peace time in HttT than in IN?

also: has the effect of having infamy (BB) changed any from IN? Thanks in advance.

Is there more to do in peacetime? Hell yes. Cultural tradition, magistrates, national focus. As we move on through govt. and trade techs, you'll probably see even more of that.

I can't comment on the minutes of how the AI responds to BB -- Since that's Doomdark's turf -- but I can say that it's gotten smarter.

Maybe it had converted while owned by Genoa and Sicily simply took it over?

That. Though it's actually Aragon that has taken it over.

What difficulty level is Brother Bean playing on?

Good old normal.

Not really comparable. The rules of engagement have changed a bit since the good old days.

attachment.php

A child at heart, I found this lulzworthy.

attachment.php

Zoe decides that Nicomedia is the place where the national focus must reasonably go.

attachment.php

With the Judean sun burning hot on the dusty bustle of the newly recovered Jerusalem, the cool inside of the sepulchres and temples were a sigh of relief. An oasis for both body and mind, their contrasts brought to Zoe's visit a certain dreamlike quality. Wandering down the Golgata, following in the footsteps of her Lord and savior before her, there she received a vision clear and perfect like a freshly cut diamond.

Now Muriel plays piano
Every Friday at the Hollywood
And they brought me down to see her
And they asked me if I would --
Do a little number
And I sang with all my might
And she said --
"Tell me are you a Christian child?"
And I said "Ma'am I am tonight"

-- Cohn, Marc - Walking in Memphis

Unam Sanctum. One Faith. One Church.

attachment.php

- "This 'Sweden', dear advisor", she said, holding the map of the known world before her, "Is it to affected by the papist scourge?"

- "Yes, m'lady, I'm afraid it is."

- "Our proud Varangians. Oh how the mighty hath fallen."

attachment.php

THOMAS! :eek:

Attachments

• 170.jpg
    170.jpg
    870 KB · Views: 3.378
  • 171.jpg
    171.jpg
    933,3 KB · Views: 3.371
  • 172.jpg
    172.jpg
    841,6 KB · Views: 3.368
  • 173.jpg
    173.jpg
    844,5 KB · Views: 3.361
  • 174.jpg
    174.jpg
    769,5 KB · Views: 3.353
Awesome, another update! :D I'm very interested in the more rapid cultural shifts with the settlement program. Bulgaria was an abnormal case, right?
In the Seven Years' War - which comes close enough to a badboy war without actually having been one, since Friedrich technically attacked first - the anti-Frederician allies devised a partition plan that would have awarded East Prussia to Russia, Silesia to the Habsburgs, and Prussian Pomerania to Sweden, with France receiving compensations from the Habsburg Netherlands.

Shouldn't that be "the government that governs the least governs best"?

The third Imperial reform has just gone through the Imperial diet, and the electors are all staunchly backing Bohemia. Five more reforms and the empire will unite as one.
I'm curious as to how imperial unification works. Do all the imperial states just disapear into the new HRE state? What about imperial provinces belonging to countries which, as a whole, are not part of the empire? What if the unifying emperor is king of a state outside the empire? Does that just create an unbreakable PU?

So, an additional line of national ideas is grayed out... they probably require certain prerequisites.

Which are they? Have the effects of the National Ideas been changed?

Requirements haven't changed, they needed ceartain tech levels before HttT. As far as I remember only some religious ideas have been changed to affect Papal Influence, and that only bothers catholics.

Obviously, the kid bites it, despite our prayers, and we are, for now at least, left without an heir.

attachment.php

I have a feeling that, despite all this, we'll be overextended for quite some time to come.

attachment.php

The rebel siege finally captures Athens, which defects. We immediately lay down a new fleet and a new army.

attachment.php

A 29 regiment army lands in Parma, we cancel military access with Naples and declare a war of conquest. Sadly, we can't complete the mission without annihilating them.

attachment.php

A just peace is concluded, and the Byzantine Empress, in her eternal mercy, accepts a kiss on the foot from the king of Naples.

attachment.php

Castille fares no better. We cut her off from her Red Sea provinces, and secure our own paths into Aegyptus.

Our two diplomats scurry like ferrets to and from the courts of Europe, trying desperately to counter all the negative, anti-Byzantine propaganda that has been floating about after the war. Sadly, the lie has a 24 hour head start, and the truth and justness of our cause is ignored.

Attachments

• 175.jpg
    175.jpg
    711,8 KB · Views: 3.199
  • 176.jpg
    176.jpg
    711,1 KB · Views: 3.203
  • 177.jpg
    177.jpg
    817,2 KB · Views: 3.184
  • 178.jpg
    178.jpg
    837,2 KB · Views: 3.175
  • 179.jpg
    179.jpg
    813,6 KB · Views: 3.188
Conquer rome and move your capital there, the Roman Empire shall be reborn!

Seems as if it is time to display a BB-war against a player?

Also - leaving Naples that inland province in Northern Italy would have made it possible to force-shift their capital there in the next war. Unless they'd loose it on the way. :p
Besides, with equal rebates on all Infamy, why not annex?

Blood and roses
attachment.php

- "There are moments in life", she said, "when you can almost sense, in the corner of your third eye, a logic behind the logic. A transcendent quality in life. God. I live for those moments."

attachment.php

"Let this generation, and generations yet to come, know that, for this short period that was our life. We lived."

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

We had set out in a rain of flowers, in a drunken atmosphere of blood and roses.

-- Jünger, Ernst -- Storm of Steel

Attachments

• 180.jpg
    180.jpg
    906,4 KB · Views: 3.041
  • 181.jpg
    181.jpg
    915,1 KB · Views: 3.043
  • 183.jpg
    183.jpg
    735,5 KB · Views: 3.030
  • 184.jpg