The Great Shattering Illusion - What if WW1 Never Happened?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That is very very strange. I can load with Ireland myself but I will prepare a version without it and upload it. As for the lag I am not sure. I will have to see if a lot of other people are having the same issue but I will be looking into it, if for no one else than you.

There will be, probably next build. We had some events coded for it but I couldn't get the Greek AI to not declare on everyone at once so I dropped them from the build pending getting them working.

Try the build that is on the very first page, when I get home from class I will inspect it.

Had it not been for WWI, there would have been a civil war in Ireland in 1914.

Much more slowly than I would like, but we are picking up a bit of steam. If anyone wants to help message me so I can add you to the group.

Had it not been for WWI, there would have been a civil war in Ireland in 1914.

You have a point, and in our lore we have the settlement for "Home Rule With Less Home Rule For The North", as the compromise that only sorta solved it. There was still a little rebellion later. If you have any ideas on redoing or expanding this I will gladly hear them.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/477dysy3b7dywus/GSI_build_4_new_tech_-_experimental.7z/file

Speak of the Devil and he shall appear!!!

Ladies and gentlemen I give you the newest version of The Great Shattering Illusion! A lot of us were quite busy during the past few months so progress was slow but we finally have a version worth releasing!! All of the majors save for The U.S. has content, as well as a number of smaller European nations! I would love to thank Amkirkla and Nesic8693 for all their help with this version!!!

Man I need to start keeping a changelog for these things!!!

I hope you all have fun with it and we will gladly accept any and all feedback!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/477dysy3b7dywus/GSI_build_4_new_tech_-_experimental.7z/file

Speak of the Devil and he shall appear!!!

Ladies and gentlemen I give you the newest version of The Great Shattering Illusion! A lot of us were quite busy during the past few months so progress was slow but we finally have a version worth releasing!! All of the majors save for The U.S. has content, as well as a number of smaller European nations! I would love to thank Amkirkla and Nesic8693 for all their help with this version!!!

Man I need to start keeping a changelog for these things!!!

I hope you all have fun with it and we will gladly accept any and all feedback!!
hi
can you upload the file on mega? in Italy mediafire is very slow
many thanks

Great to see that this mod still lives!

Downloading now, looking forward to this...well done guys :)

hmm, maybe it is just me but something doesn't feel right with the Middle Eastern borders, maybe it is from my earlier works but I noticed that Abu Dhabi is Hashimite and Qatar is British. although given the POD being 1903 the British would still have a protectorate over the Trucial States (which had been in place since 1873) and only gained one over Qatar in 1916 due to the Great Arab revolt, (and Qatari fears that the Saudis would invade)

oh speaking of Egypt doesn't seem any different, although technically Egypt is under a odd situation pre-1914, being under the suzerainty of the Ottoman Empire, whilst being occupied by Britain since 1882. Since WW1 never happened this situation would have most likely been maintained as the 14 points have never been issued, which lead to a revolution in 1919, which resulted in Egyptian independence in 1922.

The situation is very complicated in the region, and that isn't even bringing up the Saudis and why the British remained neutral despite supporting the Hashemites.

Last edited:
me too, with mega download

Does the savedebug say anything? I am downloading and unzipping both my links that are on the front page and I will post again once I have tested.

I see the fix. I wonder if that was a literal last second addition? I will fix it shortly.