• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BritishImperial : the countries there are allies, axis and commies, there are about 25 neturals, most in the america's which i hope to get in my alliance as relations with them are 200+

Remble: i do have the MP but how will i use it? depends if Major Read is insane or not :D

Enewald: i think with only 1/3rd the IC of Germany its gonna be a challange to build an army with it, Lets go for it!

Military Update to follow

Major Read was quick to recover, "so what military forces do i have to deal with?"

MacArthur was first to respond "well Major we have the largest Army, Airforce and Navy of all our allies."

"and how large is that then Dug?" enquired Truman

"I did have some slides to show you but seeing as the projector has broken i can't show them to you, luckly I always have a back up plan"

Major Read coughed scepticully

"anyhow" trying to ignore the Major "We have 47 divisions in our Army. this is broken down into 14 Infrantry, 7 Moterized, 7 Mechinized, 4 Armoured, 5 marine, 9 Garisions, and 1 HQ. Most are deployied in the US, with half of our Moterized and Armour in Iceland. 4 Marine divsions are in the Pacific with the rest of our infrantry, the rest of our forces are in Africa fighting the japaneese."

Major Read spoke up, "what about our allies?"

"Well Canada has 39 Divisions, Australia has 32, New Zealand has 21, France has 4, Netherlands has 2 and the Uk has no army what-so-ever"

"so all we have is about 150 divisions against a military that can call on about 1000 Divisions?" Read enquired

"that sums it up sir" MacArthur replied.

"Edision, what about our Navy?" Truman asked.

"well sir, we have the largest Carrier fleet in the world!" If Edision was trying to inpress the Major it wasn't going to work.

"what about the rest of our fleet?"

"well, with 26 carriers and 14 light carriers, 12 battleships. 22 heavy crusiers, 23 light crusiers, 52 Destroyers, 9 subs and 21 transports we have a larger navy then the Germans and the Jap's, sir"

"and our allies?"

"they have about 102 ships under the allied command sir. Most from Australia and New zealand"

"How many ships have we sunk and have been sunk under enemy fire?"

"thats the problem, we sunk 114 enemy ships, mostly destroyers and subs. But we lost 356 ships, mostly Destroyers and transports, but 18 carriers, and 9 battleships have been lost"

Whilst the room knew the war hadn't been going to plan and reports of ships are updated monthly, no one here knew how many were lost, the room was stuned into silence.

Major Read broke this "so that leaves the Airforce, Lindeburg if you please"

"we only have 90 squadrens in our airforce. 18 Fighters, 24 Interceptors, 9 Stratigic bombers, 13 Tactical Bombers and 26 Naval bombers. Our allies habe a total of 39, 20 of those are the RAF."

"Very well, now that i have an update of all the forces now under my command i can begin this chore and we will ultimatly have VICTORY. Gentleman preapare for operation: RECOVERY"

with this Major Read stood up and left the room

christ the ai had buggered the us. those horrible carrier losses, the tiny army... you've got a big job on your hands. good thing you're playing against the ai :D from what i've seen before the computer will probably disband half the german army or move it to siberia, for reasons only it knows. just try switching to a different coutnry for one day and then going back, and note all the crappy decisions it has made.

Wow, you really are in for a fight...
Where will you attack first? Liberate the isles maybe? good luck with whatever you do..
And thank god the AI has been removed from power!

Good luck again...

Joining when it gets good I see.

Why is it called "The Fight Bark" though?

Bark is for trees and for dogs.

Anyways, quit building a huge navy, build a damn army, kick Japan outta the war first, then China, push though the SU into Germany.

It will be a tough job to defeat those Germans, good luck and I'll be following.

WoooHOOOO for operation recovery. This strangely reminds me of recovering your data after a fatal system crash that wiped out all your screenshots, but that may be just my own association. ;)

This was a good start and I look froward to read more.

Maj. von Mauser said:
Why is it called "The Fight Bark" though?

Bark is for trees and for dogs.

Anyways, quit building a huge navy, build a damn army, kick Japan outta the war first, then China, push though the SU into Germany.

It's "back" with an AAR in it, I think. :D

Enewald: One of many wise operation names i have in mind!

BritishImperial: aint that classed as cheating? lol

Raaritsgozilla: Well i'm gonna first tackel the Japs with my small army, then any new units send to hit the germans.

Capibara: yay another fan :p , welcome aboard

Sokraates: hope you aint crused this one now, grrrr :mad:

Maj. von Mauser, likk9922: Likk9922 is right, i've been told at work that i speak a little posh, and back when spoken posh sounds like bark. thus the fight bAARk (back), sad i know

Delex: dont be a spoil sport, GC36 AAR's aint new either and people still read them! but welcome aboard!

update should be tomorrow night as i have a whole evening off, might be able to play a few months as well!

Reado said:
Sokraates: hope you aint crused this one now, grrrr :mad:

*binds a red ribbon around the AAR*

There ... this should do it ... :D

But seriously: I thought that the reason for the missing screenshots was that your computer has suffered some accident and that you were starting Operation Recovery in real life.

Anyway, you should listen to Uncle Sam:

its not cheating in the sense i meant it - only to observe how crap the ai is with carefully planned human armies.

also, you must be very posh indeed to say bark instead of back :D people used to call me posh too though.

Really sorry about having no update guys and gals, been at work doing 12 hour days and then sleep the rest. sorry

Sokraates: thanks for the ribbon i will wear it with pride, and the reason why i had no pics for the units breif was that they wouldn't be taken :(

British Imperial: i hope not toooooo crap!

update for end of may to follow

It pained Major Read to do this in his first hours of office but cuts were needed, The Major's secertary was sat at his desk as he paced his office, a small cupboard in the east wing of the white house.

"it is with the greatest regret that I, Major Read, newly appointed military leader has to cut you out of your present position as with immediate effect.

Yours Sincerly
Major Read"

This memo was kept incase futher changes were needed, but only one was sent at first

goverment1qy8.jpg

Henry J. Kaiser had replaced Henry Morgenthau as armaments minister. Kaiser had left a plan on Major Read's desl showing that he can and will increase industrial output by 10%. Against an enemy with twice as many factories at their disposal the 10% made alot of change.

"Next miss Pennyweather" Major Read continued, "phone the construction yard building all of the older carriers and order all production to stop and the hulls to be scrapped. All other ships to remain in construction."

"The Factories thus not producing armaments are to go and produce consumer goods for the american people and supplies for its armies."

May 21st 10:00 hrs

ifnima6.jpg

The only Marine division in africa was under attack by 10 TAC groups, 6 from Hungary, 4 from japan. Before Major Read had command of the situation the previous leaders felt it right to move the division to help the defences of El Aladin, needless to say with 10 TAC's and no interceptors in the region the divsion was almost destroyed.

recuvick1zh4.jpg

What was left over of the British Royal Navy is based in Reykjavik, with 4 american transporters in the habour as well, sadly the luftwaffa had bombed this base for many weeks and already burning wrecks of aircraft carriers, battleships, and other smaller crafts were littering the bottom of the habour. The American Transports were ordered to run the gauntlet back to the US main land.

navalbattle1ip1.jpg

They ran into a large battle fleet of the Germanic navy, 3 heavy battleships, 4 light aircraft carriers and other smaller ships streched across the horizion. the slaughter of the transports lasted only a few hours but luck was in the americans favour. 2 transports survived, Dammaged but alive.

fleet1hh3.jpg

defeat1ez9.jpg

All aircraft were ordered to return to the US for immediate reorganisation, all execpt those in the area of Australia, these were ordered to go to the nearest base for immediate action.

All Ships were ordered back to the mainland also, as to be attached to new battle fleets, all except those operating ASW patrols these were to continue to stop losses of the American Convoys.

These didn't always work

convoylossesendmayww2.jpg

still losses were small.

Letters were arriving in the Majors intray almost daily Every nation that was not at war with the US wanted to trade with the largest power in the world.

trade1tc5.jpg

trade2cx9.jpg

trade3wl2.jpg

trade4sd5.jpg

May 27th 00:00hrs

The Major was awake, He hardly slept any more, not after what he had been through, 1 maybe 2 hours at most everyday. so he had the first words of Kelly Johnson and his research team. They had perfected the latest military hardware for the US army and new weapons were ready to be rolled out to the infantry divisions round the world.

tech1kx2.jpg

As soon as this poject was done the Major sent word for the bext to begin

technew1wg2.jpg

Standard oil of california was tasked with making plastics, this new material would allow more componds to be made quickly for new weapons so factories would turn out more units then before. Every IC counted.

Not the best start with those defeats, but trade is looking good and reinforcements will arrive soon.