• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(56277)

Captain
Apr 25, 2006
Ladies and Gentlemen let me introduce my little AAR.

USA, The Fight bAARk.

Doomsday 1.3a,
No mods,
No reloads,
No Cheats

I was playing as Germany and managed to conquer most of the world, now i think its gonna be fun to play as the US and try and take back the world from the Germans. (the first updates will be correcting what the AI is doing to my new country, sods)

Updates should be regular so keep posted.

wish me luck!

Date and time May 10th 1945, 10.00 hours GMT

Location The White House, Washington DC.

The room was silent, everyone present knew the war wasn't going to plan, in fact all plans they have tried have failed. needless to say the war was BAD!

Presedent Truman was sat at the head of the table. 9 chairs placed round the table were all full. All execpt one, a memo was clutched in Truman's right hand all had writen on it was:

Truman STOP we need to talk STOP I have the power to help win this war STOP Major Read STOP​

so all the staff was called to this meeting to find out who this Major Read was.

govermentuw0.jpg

Everyone was sat chatting amongst themselves sipping coffee. suddenly the Huge oak doors into the meeting room were opened and a stranger to the government walked in.

This man was 6 foot 4 inches in height, wearing a british majors uniform. judging by the creases in the uniform and the ink stain in his top pocket he didn't car much about what he looked like to the people sat at the table.

Truman looked up and said to the stranger.
"Major Read?"

The man replied "in the flesh, sir."

"good take a seat"

Read moved round the table to the vacent seat, inbetween Byrnes, the foreign minister, and Hoover, the Minister of Security.

Truman was the first to talk.

"i dont know who you are but you best have a good reason for this telegram"

Read replied "the best reason Mr President, i can turn these militray defeats round and make them into victories"

Truman enquired "Why can you not help you own country to victory?"

"the only problem is, I have no country any more, the UK has a few small islands in the pacific. hardly and industry to talk of, and no military."

This was the problem all the people present knew, they had no allies to speak of, The UK was crushed, France had limited means before Africa had fallen, sadly Canada remained the only worthy companion.

"So Major tell me what you plan to do"

and so the work began.

Firstly let us go through what the world is like.

First off, Europe.

europecg3.jpg

as you can see the only european country under friendly control is Iceland. This is protected by 6 infantry divisons and 3 Armoured, I dought that this will be under attack in the near future. Germany and its allies control the rest of Europe, with only switzerland, Vichy France and Turkey remaining netural.

Now to Africa

africawm0.jpg

From this slide we can see that Germany, Italy, and Portugal all control the majority of africa, Vichy France still holds onto the west of africa. and we hold onto a small part that was once spainish. then german, the American now it is turning over to Japan. South Africa has been annexed and is now a German Colony.

Asia is .... well look for yourselves

asiajp9.jpg

The Soviets have been defeated, and due to this they have been at war with us for over 3 years, on paper at least, Their Airforce, Navy and Army cannot reach us. Japan owns the whole of Asia with the expeption of India, that is German, China is a Japaneese Puppet and so is Siam, We have no military forces operating in this area at present.

South asia is Pretty much Ours, Australia, New zealand and the Netherland Colony is all allied and in our hands

southasiaju4.jpg

And finally the Pacific,

pacificui0.jpg

This is tricky, we have the japaneese at bay, for the moment, they have not attacked us and we have not attacked them, I propose we tackle these first.

But before we do i need to make a few changes to our production, government and homeland security.

Major Read sat down to stunned silence. None of the people present wanted to leave their job. But every war must have casulties. And if it is required, they will go down fighting.

in the flesh? a very good song.

very good idea to fight against your past self, i often considered doing that myself. next update can you go through your ic and armies etc please? im subscribed for sure. as long as you liberate britain soon :D

Excellent job as Germany. It won't be easy taking all of that land back!

BritishImperial : Homeland stuff on the next update, military to follow. Think i will concentrate on the japs first but the UK is on the cards.

Likk9922 : I did have fun with Germany, now for even more as the US i think.

Update on IC, Production and sliders to follow.

Before i start making the changes, Major Read began, let me see what you were deciding to do with your industry.

resource1sq7.jpg

So it appears that you all arnt a waste of space.

The room shifted, not many people have called the room useless, until now!

so we have 335 factories with an output of 352 and all of them are in use, not bad, but germany has almost 700 factories with an out put of 800. We have plenty of TC availble for any offencives we inatiate. We have almost 30,000 men waiting in the military reserve, why are they not in a form of army?

MacArthur looked up, as chief of staff he had the reason to hand. "we were waiting for the right time"

so having 30 plus counties in the world that now do not exist isn't the right time?

MacArthur stammered and fell silent.

All other resources are at very good levels.

productionsliders1nw2.jpg

firstly we need to produce more consumer goods, the american people are getting cheesed off that the war isn't going well, it might be small portion but governments can be felled with a simple word.

Renforcements are at 1/2 of what we need to achive. But it will do as most of them are our navy, it has been badly battered by the German fleets.

Supplies are perfect, with us producing excess then what is required.

Production is bad, you need 310 factories to build what you want but only have 233 to build them? this will have to change, lets see what you are building.

production1me3.jpg

production2so2.jpg

production3vq6.jpg

production4pb7.jpg

So as you can see we have lots being built, the AA guns are un nessercery, no enemy plane will reach us, these will be canceled, the navy has been mauled, we will keep building the ships, planes are needed but not a prioity.

now onto Technology,

Infranty
infrantytechem4.jpg

Armour​
armouredtechnk0.jpg

Navy​
navytechuo7.jpg

Aircraft​
aircrafttechoa3.jpg

Industry​
industrytechuj6.jpg

Secret Weps​
secrettechsmy9.jpg

Land Doctrine​
landtechgz8.jpg

Navy Doctrine​
navydoctrineez9.jpg

Air Doctrine​
airdoctrinenr1.jpg

Overview​
overviewqg0.jpg

Current Research​
currentno0.jpg

Thats not almost 30,000 men sitting on their arses in the manpower pool, thats almost 3,000,000 men!

and i assume you've used total ic takeover for germany's ic to be that stupidly high.

800 IC for Germany? Geez...
And the US AI really sucks, huh? 2,500 MP? What have they been doing?

likk9922 said:
800 IC for Germany? Geez...
And the US AI really sucks, huh? 2,500 MP? What have they been doing?

Making sausages?

Coinneach : I am gonna give it the best i can

Enewald : as i was playing as the germans i had about 300 units in total, compared to mine i think they can win, easy! As you shall soon see.

BritishImperial : Nope no IC take over, i was playing DD and thats not available. Just building lots of factories from 36 - mid 38, then using a prince of terror. the Axis and commintern will be looked at soon.

likk9922, trekaddict : Making sausages, watchin the world go by and sleeping i think :rofl:

Wilegfass : I might talk about what went on. not sure yet

update on Military to follow.

Major Read turned to Byrnes and asked him “do you have an update on all hostile and friendly nations that i have asked for”

Byrnes replied. “the president asked for these”

“who asked the president?”

Byrnes looked across to truman who nodded his head, If the US was going to win this war and free the world some secrets must not be withheld.

“Ok I have a few slides to show you on Axis, Comintern and allies relations, IC and Belegrance.” Byrnes started.

Axis​
axis1ax4.jpg

axis2ox0.jpg

axis3qr0.jpg

Comintern​
commieap3.jpg

Allies​
allies1rv6.jpg

allies2ij6.jpg

"so as you can see the axis have the most nations in their alliance, with the most IC to spare, almost 4 times what we can produce." Byrnes concluded.

"thanks Byrnes, what about you Kaiser? i think I asked through Mr Truman to get an intellagence report?"

"Ok let me see what i can pull up." Kaiser said.

germanspy1hw1.jpg

"as you can see, all our spies in Germany have all been caught, or not heard of for about 2 years. We do not know what happened to them but we are expecting the worse."

the whole room knew what happens to spies, and a shiver ran down most spines in the room, all execpt Major Read who nodded and said calmly "carry on"

japspy1rr4.jpg

"we have the most spies in japan, so the report is farely accurate, but it can and should inprove once funds become availble"

italianspy1tu6.jpg

"being the third major axis power we have spies in Italy, these are spread thinly so reports are not consistant, or accurate, but are the best we have so far"

homespy1cm0.jpg

"finally home security, we have 5 spies working in our office down the street, and we know we have about 20 spies working in the country, but we do not have the funs for getting rid of these spies, but all attempts are being made to thrawt their attempts at sabotage. That concludes my presentation Sir."

Kaiser reached over to cut the power to the slide projector when the machine started to smoke and burn out, looks like american technology is starting to fail!

Major Read looked into the smoke and an image formed in his mind's eye. It was 1943, March 1943, Major Read was sat a a table much like this one, but back in his home country of England.

Read was born in a small market town in the south west of England, He worked the land with his family but when he turned 18 he signed up to the army, Much to his parents dismay.

It was back in this market town that the Somerset and Dorset Light infantry was building trenches and bunkers to hold the newly landed German army. it would take 2 day at least, all civilians were evacuated up toward the north. It was an Army town.

In the early hours Read was woken by a steady Thump, Thump, Thump. the sound of Artilery. But it wasn't the British guns, It was the German Guns. Read quickly scrambled out of bed and rushed to the front line, Just in time.

An 88mm HE shell landed on his bilet. blowing it up and sending Shrapnel everywhere. When he reached the front lines it was choas. If the Germans waited just 24 more hours the battle might of lasted longer, possibly won. But with half the defences not built. the Light Infantry stood no chance.

Major Read thought about calling in the RAF, but he knew that it was a no hoper. The RAF had been grounded since it started fighting a defencive battle since 1942. Without air support the fight would be bloody, but not for the Germans, The luftwaffe and its CAS and TAC's flew over head and dropped its bombs, right on the left flank. If they were dug in more they might of stood a chance. But with only foxholes to call home the results were expected but not welcome.

On the radio a message came from london and from General Montgomery.

All units in the SWDL, are to pull back, we are pulling back to the BLDL, signed Montgomery.

Read listened to this and didn't need telling twice, he past word to all squad leaders and he started to fall back. The sign was white smoke, the same shade of smoke that was comming from the projector.

Truman looked up and saw that Major Read had turned White.

"Are you ok Major? Shall we get you anything"

this caused Read to snap out of it, He looked up and replied.

"everythings fine Sir, now how is the military holding up?"

nice flashback there.

those relations, are they of all the countries left in the world? thats disturbing if they are.