• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(526990)

First Lieutenant
1 Badges
Jul 21, 2012
  • Arsenal of Democracy
I've started a new AAR using the latest version of the excellent CORE mod for AoD. I've put it on WordPress, so I can bring people to it from outside the forum; I hope that's acceptable. You can find it here:

http://britishempireaodarr.wordpress.com

I'll post notes to updates here; any comments are welcome either here or on the blog. I definitely have no intention of making this AAR interactive in any way.

Awesome :)

I tried playing CORE as Britain and didn't do so well. Look forward to see how a pro does it :D

Awesome :)

I tried playing CORE as Britain and didn't do so well. Look forward to see how a pro does it :D

Thanks! I think I should be able to meet all my goals (not losing any provinces to the Japanese will be hard; they even amphibbed Sri Lanka in my last game and I wasn't expecting that!) The trick will be to do it without slaughtering half the population of the British Isles...

I feel that swapping the colours of France and Franco did not change things to the good.

Well, I guess the colours are just an aesthetic choice, I don't really know why they changed them. I can't really remember the old colours now (except that UK is red in vanilla, isn't it?) I did try using the map colours from the Tripartate mod for this, but I couldn't get that to work.

Surprising to see the Nationalists in such a strong position by November 1937, but only annexing the Reps in Jan 1939. :unsure:

Surprising to see the Nationalists in such a strong position by November 1937, but only annexing the Reps in Jan 1939. :unsure:

I did chuck a large (1500) stockpile of supplies at the Reps in mid-38 (I think). I'm not sure it made a difference, but maybe. I didn't really check that they needed it even, but I couldn't really think of any other way to send them support at short notice. They did make some successful counter attacks after that '37 screen shot before being pushed back again, so possibly the Nationalists had overreached at that point.

I did chuck a large (1500) stockpile of supplies at the Reps in mid-38 (I think). I'm not sure it made a difference, but maybe. I didn't really check that they needed it even, but I couldn't really think of any other way to send them support at short notice. They did make some successful counter attacks after that '37 screen shot before being pushed back again, so possibly the Nationalists had overreached at that point.
Ah ok, fair enough, that makes sense. I was fearing extreme AI inactivity, but I guess I was wrong, and for the better! :)

Cool Nobel Prize events. Your infra building should pay off. But hopefully you haven't used Pang's recommendations of just spamming infra left, right and centre. For his proposed 1.09 edits the UK builds infrastructure in mountainous and hill provinces that have just 2IC!

Those provinces cyberpunkdreams chose have even less than 2 ic. Some of those provinces that deserve better infra early donnot receive better infra here. Those with bases however could wait with builing infra as infra for ESE will hardly be needed before the war starts. Reducing military salies to 25% can make sence if increased back to 100% one week before the war. Every pence counts.

Well, the list does go on quite a lot longer than the screenshot I grabbed (I didn't realise people would be analysing my infrastructure construction in detail!) so I may have covered all the places that need it the most. I don't think I'm building infra anywhere in the UK itself that has low IC, but I am building some elsewhere for ESE purposes. Maybe that's not worth it; as I said, this is an experiment!

I'm afraid my fluff settings prevent me from dropping military salaries!

I didn't know naval bombers could accidentally attack friendly units, I also didn't expect Germany to take nearly two months to annex Poland on CORE. :confused:

It did take less than 3/2 months. Until now i believed friendly fire in AoD only works ship vs. ship or at all kind of strategic bombardements.

It did take less than 3/2 months.
It should take a month at best. I know IRL it took Germany just over a month, but a human player can annex Poland in 7 days in vanilla AoD.
Until now i believed friendly fire in AoD only works ship vs. ship or at all kind of strategic bombardements.
Ditto.