• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmmm ... I guess the saying "speed kills" was invented with Hawaii in mind. Though it's great to have 40 year covered in one single update. :D

Good luck. Hope to see you on Midway soon.

Stroph1 and stnylan: Thank you both for stopping and deleting the irrelevant comments/flame warring. I love comments and don't mind off topic ones, but that was getting out of hand!

stnylan: Yep...not the powerhouse of growth potention I first thought!

theusje: Unfortunately, it will probably take 100 years to build the ships!

DerKaiser: Luckily the Aristocrats won't be able to do much rebelling while they are combing the beaches for hermit crabs to eat!

Sokraates: yep...its amazing that so little happened for so long (or appalling)

Is that the Knytling Format in Vicky?

You sir are a genius!

---------

Hawaii's all exciting like that. You need to research machine guns to colonise Midway.

Alfred Packer said:
theusje: Unfortunately, it will probably take 100 years to build the ships!

Yeah but still, Imagine how huge and effective these ships will be. I surely believe, with the right doctrines, that you can defeat the RN with one ship like that. :eek:

By the way: how did you manage to attract Yankee pops? Especially in this number? Even as an all-democratic European nation with some welfare I could only persuade small amount of foreigners to immigrate.

Though maybe the problem is, that Yankee pops are reluctant to return to Europe, due to those dastardly British and French.

Michaeru said:
I thought Europe doesn't get any immigration at all.

From neighboring countries, yes. But I couldn't even persuade the folks in my colonies to pay a visit to beautiful Vienna. :( Rather depressing. ;)

Sokraates said:
By the way: how did you manage to attract Yankee pops? Especially in this number? Even as an all-democratic European nation with some welfare I could only persuade small amount of foreigners to immigrate.

Though maybe the problem is, that Yankee pops are reluctant to return to Europe, due to those dastardly British and French.

it was kind of a surprise. There is an event that fired (in the first update), I wish I'd saved a screenshot of it, but it was related to the creation of a constitution (I know it changed government to HM Government). When I chose to convert to Constitutional Monarchy, 200,000 Yankees showed up.

Alfred Packer said:
it was kind of a surprise. There is an event that fired (in the first update), I wish I'd saved a screenshot of it, but it was related to the creation of a constitution (I know it changed government to HM Government). When I chose to convert to Constitutional Monarchy, 200,000 Yankees showed up.

Do you play Vanilla Vicky/Ricky or VIP?

1879-1894

King Kamehameha IV (Johnny Tsunami)

King of Hawaii

b. 1816, r. 1836, d. 1894

The Senile Delights of the Later Years, 1879-1894

H03-01.jpg

It seems that taxing away all of the rich people’s money didn’t work out the way I wanted it to. I have removed the scapegoats…I mean Nationalists…from power and replaced them with the Constitutionalists.

I confess. I picked them at random. All the political groups do the same thing in power, which is sit around and bitch about the fact we have no money. At least the Constitutionalists carry around these delightful flowers.

H03-02.jpg

Well, it turns out there is something different about the Constitutionalists: They seem to think that lowering taxes will somehow fix our massive income shortage.

H03-03.jpg

I received a nice letter from the Emperor of Japan back in April. He was asking me if Hawaii could use a few Japanese laborers who were down on their luck. I did the math: the more people you have, the more money you can get from taxes! So I said “sure!”

If I had realized what the Emperor meant was “Here, take 2,000,000 dirty commies,” I probably would have said no thanks.

H03-04.jpg

To combat all these commie Japanese, I have replaced those idiot Constitutionalists with the Monarchists. You see, the Monarchists clearly like the Monarchy, while the Commies don’t.

H03-05.jpg

No wait, on second thought, lets let the Nationalists run things. They like jingoism, and I have to admit, I don’t know what that is but it is sure fun to say. Go on, try it!

Jingoism, jingoism, jingoism.

Jin-go-is-im, jin-go-is-im, jin-go-is-im! Choo! Choo!

Wow, I wish I could afford a train.

H03-06.jpg

Since I can’t, I checked to see how much it would cost to expand the Fishing Wharf. The answer made me nauseous.

H03-07.jpg

The Nationalists made me pay back some of our National Debt. I would have put the Constitutionalists back in power except I am confined to my sick bed.

You might have known about my illness except for the fact that I have not funded the schools in 60 years, so no one can read or write a newspaper.

H03-08.jpg

I am giddy…can you believe it? It is all about to come true! The Prime Minister told me today that we are going to get the Navy! I openly weeping when he shared the news with me, which made the PM very happy. I did not have the heart to tell him I was crying because of the catheter.

H03-09.jpg

Construction was ordered on the great ship. I have lost my sight, so the Prime Minister and the Crown Prince, my nephew Dave, take turns describing the dimensions of the ship and its progress to me. God how I wish I wasn’t going deaf too or I would share all this information with you!

H03-10.jpg

The Prime Minister stopped by today. He told me that the Ship was completed and Parliament had presented me with two choices for the ship name: HMS Hawaii Forever or HMS Johnny Tsunami. He didn’t seem to like the second choice, since he said it would make Hawaii “an international laughingstock.” I told him that since my illness had turned fatal and I had only days to live, I would like it very much if the ship were named after me.

He didn’t say anything and just left. I can only assume he was as chocked up by the moment as I was. Just think: The HMS Johnny Tsunami leading the invasion of Midway.

I can now die in peace.

Our hero has passed. Perhaps without the honor and respect he deserved (or maybe with far more than he deserved). What will happen with Hawaii once Dave takes over? Does it matter, since Johnny effectively mis-managed the nation into eternal mediocrity? We’ll find out soon enough on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of King Kamehameha!

At long last - a ship!

With tiny nations your triumps are what you make of them.

*snif* ... a ship ... a REAL ship ... a real HAWAIIAN ship ... I'm at a loss for words ...

You got a boat! You know what this means- war with the USA!!! :D

Curses! I have arrived too late to pay my respects to Johnny Tsunami! :(

But I will get to see King Dave lead Hawaii to their rightful destiny in the promised land of Midway Island! :)

Marvellous I must say.

I think Hawaii will be one of the few countries that will be able to say it doubled the size of its navy in a year or two!

Excellent job so far, looking forward to more!

Haha, great AAR, just read it all, finally you got your navy! :D