• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's a nice war against China. I've personally never attempted to attack them unless I'm in a position of overwhelming strength (read - tyrant of the world).

What I'm curious about is how you managed to get the warscore necessary to demand stuff from them, especially Daming, without actually landing there to occupy it. Let's say +20 from battles, a little more from Formosa and Hainan, and a little more from blockades. Is that really it?

The AI seemed awfully compliant considering you only have a +1 warscore advantage, but perhaps they had crazy war exhaustion. And I'd imagine Japan was more a hindrance than a help in the warscore department by getting overrun in Korea, as it always seems to me that defenders gain more warscore from winning battles than attackers.

Oh well, now prepare to get attacked by a horde of angry Chinese the next time you're involved somewhere else in the world. Also, who's that little brown spot where Hong Kong/Macau is supposed to be? That doesn't look like Portugal...

That's a nice war against China. I've personally never attempted to attack them unless I'm in a position of overwhelming strength (read - tyrant of the world).

What I'm curious about is how you managed to get the warscore necessary to demand stuff from them, especially Daming, without actually landing there to occupy it. Let's say +20 from battles, a little more from Formosa and Hainan, and a little more from blockades. Is that really it?

The AI seemed awfully compliant considering you only have a +1 warscore advantage, but perhaps they had crazy war exhaustion. And I'd imagine Japan was more a hindrance than a help in the warscore department by getting overrun in Korea, as it always seems to me that defenders gain more warscore from winning battles than attackers.

Oh well, now prepare to get attacked by a horde of angry Chinese the next time you're involved somewhere else in the world. Also, who's that little brown spot where Hong Kong/Macau is supposed to be? That doesn't look like Portugal...

So, I didn't take an screenshots of the battles (my bad), but there were several in which I annhailated stacks of 60 - 100k or so. This got me the 25 for battles pretty quickly, and factoring in blockade, WE, Formosa and Hainan, and the meager Japanese occupation, it was enough. Japan didn't do much good, but they also didn't lose any battles, so their overall effect was positive.

As for getting attacked, well, I hope to keep up the pressure on China so that they son't have a chance (assuming I am motivated enough to bother). And the brown in Macau is the Netherlands, who won it from Portugal a while back.

Well, the copy of AHD that I have been running this with has been crashing, so after some consideration I've decided to end this AAR. I would like to thank everyone who has read and commented on this - it's been a pleasure to write for you.

I am hoping to start on a new AAR after the HOD patch comes out and school ends. (Next time I will try to do a better job of keeping my updates regular and timely :/). I am very open to suggestions regarding gameplay, writing style, and country choice, if anyone has any.

So once again, thanks for following!

Oh damn, I'm sorry to hear about this. I understand what you mean about the repeated crashing - my game similarly suffers incredibly bad slowdown to the point of occasionally crashing, probably due to the sheer amount of computing power needed to deal with POPs and industries, but I wouldn't imagine quitting ... until the day my computer decides to wipe out the amazing victory I won against incredible odds which happened to fall just before the autosave was due to fire.

I enjoyed this AAR, and I also liked Ragin' Rurikovitches (yep, I read that too, thanks to the funny title). I hope to see you begin a new HoD AAR soon - I'll follow if there is narrative, and definitely if there are distinct, believable characters like this one.

(P.S. Bolivia needs a AAR =P)

Oh damn, I'm sorry to hear about this. I understand what you mean about the repeated crashing - my game similarly suffers incredibly bad slowdown to the point of occasionally crashing, probably due to the sheer amount of computing power needed to deal with POPs and industries, but I wouldn't imagine quitting ... until the day my computer decides to wipe out the amazing victory I won against incredible odds which happened to fall just before the autosave was due to fire.

I enjoyed this AAR, and I also liked Ragin' Rurikovitches (yep, I read that too, thanks to the funny title). I hope to see you begin a new HoD AAR soon - I'll follow if there is narrative, and definitely if there are distinct, believable characters like this one.

(P.S. Bolivia needs a AAR =P)

I'm glad you enjoyed it! As for the crashes, the game won't even start, so it seems like there's not a whole lot I can do, sadly.
Also, I'm glad to see that somebody read Ragin' Rurikovitches :). It was pretty dumb, but it was fun to play and write, even though it dies young. I do like that title though, so I might try another with the same name.

As for Bolivia, it's not one I'd have thought of, but I like the idea. I might have to try a couple test games to see if I can survive.

I hope you (or anyone else) can do the Philippines again.

A shame that it had to end. But it's okay. Things were going quite well. Maybe I'll do a Philippines AAR one day. Thank you for this AAR!