Stellaris: Galaxy Command has Arrived!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They just wanted dat sweet chinese mobile market fat juicy booty...

I hope you will defend the pride of "our" country, Paradox, like Blizzard did... :rolleyes:

Reactions:
Because, unfortunately, not enough people buy premium games on mobile.

The situation may change in the future, with the introduction of cloud gaming services and subscription services we might see viable ways of making non-f2p games work on mobile, but right now that isn't the case.

This is only one game out of our entire catalogue, if it isn't your thing, keep an eye out for the news from PDXCon.
Mobile games unleash a ton of hate. As an independent team which don't take the time from other games, just let the flaming go through.

I don't play them either, but this I might.

This game might make people buy the PC edit, thus increasing revenue. And finding more PDX titles through that, even more increasing the income.

I found EUIV through civ v, and bought HOIV, Imperator and EUIV with most of the DLCs.

Just don't let the game be a cash grab. Please.

You are correct on this front. After this post, we'll most likely be posting them natively to an integrated community app in the game and maybe sharing them here.

Just for the record, neither me nor Dnote are devs. :)

EDIT: As for why here? I imagine there are many reasons. We don't want you to think we sneak around. We want to be able to talk about what's in the game also with our players. And while it's likely not to appeal to many PC players, this is still a Stellaris game and I do think that once some people start playing, they'll see it has some cool stuff in it.

If someone else higher up thought he would be doing marketing here, tell him he's wrong. This has the exact opposite effect. Just saying. Best of Luck in PDXCON, you'll need it!

Reactions:
It would have at least been nice if they hyped up a dlc or a major patch along side it instead.
right now we dont even know if we will be seeing any updates or fixes, but hey there is a cash grab mobile game release.... yay?
You guys didnt give us anything to be excited about after this announcement and that is why it is not very well received.

It would have at least been nice if they hyped up a dlc or a major patch along side it instead.
right now we dont even know if we will be seeing any updates or fixes, but hey there is a cash grab mobile game release.... yay?
You guys didnt give us anything to be excited about after this announcement and that is why this failed.
?
They've been repeating for a week that there will be big announcements at PDXCon

Reactions:
If someone else higher up thought he would be doing marketing here, tell him he's wrong. This has the exact opposite effect. Just saying. Best of Luck in PDXCON, you'll need it!
Eh. I think I'll be repeating myself but we didn't make this post expecting the core of our PC community to jump into the game right away. :)

As mentioned before, transparency is something we care about, and that means we wanted to post here.

It would have at least been nice if they hyped up a dlc or a major patch along side it instead. right now we dont even know if we will be seeing any updates or fixes, but hey there is a cash grab mobile game release.... yay?
You guys didnt give us anything to be excited about after this announcement and that is why this failed.
They just had a DLC. Lackluster, yes. But still. As far as I understand, they're a fairly small team working on Stellaris. The DLCs pay their salaries in this small grand strat community. Paradox ain't large.

Reactions:
?
They've been repeating for a week that there will be big announcements at PDXCon

yes a big announcement, but we have nothing to go on to what exactly that is, they spent all the time releasing teasers for this game, but nothing about what is actually happening, that is my point. they should have done a teaser for this so called "big announcement", alongside the teasers for this game.

They just had a DLC. Lackluster, yes. But still. As far as I understand, they're a fairly small team working on Stellaris. The DLCs pay their salaries in this small grand strat community. Paradox ain't large.

Which is why I stated major patch as well, everyone is waiting for either/or, dlc/or patch, not a mobile game.

Reactions:
This game is as much Stellaris as 'Diablo Immortal' is Diablo, complete with predatory micotransaction bullshit and asset-flipping (and even -stealing, as shown above).
I'm amazed you have the guts to jokingly reference that Blizzard PR Fiasco from last year, as if this weren't the exact same kind of insult to Stellaris players. But I'm sure you've done the numbers, comparing the heat you get with the money you'll make nonetheless, and decided you just don't give a damn.

Reactions:
Why is your game lazy reskin of "Nova empire" or maybe this Reddit thread is misleading ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/diah5m/stellaris_galaxy_straight_up_tells_you_its_a/
This is like calling civ6 a “lazy reskin” of civ5 because they didn’t rewrite the engine from total scratch and some obscure text strings persisted

yes they used their previous game as a base because why reinvent the wheel when you don’t have to. That doesn’t mean it’s a “lazy reskin”

We'll figure something out, one day. I see an opportunity to have a premium gaming experience on mobile through cloud gaming, either directly through that, or through it reducing the costs of porting to make premium mobile itself more viable. Little early to really explore that though, kind of need the cloud gaming services to actually launch to give us some data.

Thank you for the honest answer.

I like playing gacha mobile games to kill time myself, but I won't be trying Stellaris: GC. It looks too uninspired and like an obvious carbon copy, even though I wanted to like this game. Next time please don't present such unoriginal, raw, half-baked and copied product as a new game and present us a more polished game, discovering that it is copied from Nova Empire and covered up by being called "beta-tested" leaves a very poor impression.

I hoped for Wiz's gacha game like Imouto:Rome, but we got something that satisfies no one apparently :(

Any good places to send bug reports as of now? Noticed a few graphical issues and a few weird UI things
Yep! I the game there is a "Community" section under "Function". You can report there. :)

Why is your game lazy reskin of "Nova empire" or maybe this Reddit thread is misleading ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/diah5m/stellaris_galaxy_straight_up_tells_you_its_a/
It's not. Addressed this earlier. Admittedly a technical screwup on part of the team. In the earliest stage of the development, the team used placeholder text from Nova Empire before our game had a name.

If anyone here is going to be at PDXCon, I'm quite happy to make time to talk about these things.
You said that you'd prefer to avoid the Pay To Win model, but you think it's impossible in the mobile market. Then, you suggested that the only solution would be "over the cloud."

It got me thinking...

Why don't you let Stellaris: Galaxy Control be free to play, as it is now; you can also keep your pay-to-win model, for the more casual mobile players. Except,

You could create a separate, private galaxy open only to players who purchase a one-time fee. Essentially, it would be like purchasing the game. This "private galaxy" would remove all pay-to-win aspects, and allow an even playing field for those who purchased—those who don't want some rich, spoiled 10 year old to ruin everything their game has amounted to, just because the 10 year old has the money to do so.

The majority of the Stellaris player base isn't going to buy into this mobile bullshit. I'm just suggesting a solution for the pay-to-win problem. In this way, you can keep your pay-to-win market for casual mobile players; you also give those who are willing to "buy" the game a one time fee—an opportunity to play fairly. To play without being beaten by a 10 year old, just because the kid has his daddy's money.

Last edited:
Reactions:
This is like calling civ6 a “lazy reskin” of civ5 because they didn’t rewrite the engine from total scratch and some obscure text strings persisted

yes they used their previous game as a base because why reinvent the wheel when you don’t have to. That doesn’t mean it’s a “lazy reskin”
It's literally using assets and gameplay ripped from Nova Empire AND assets ripped from Halo.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.