Stellaris: Galaxy Command has Arrived!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that you are still "fine tuning" the monetarisation. But can you tell us if it is in any way based on a gambling / loot box approach? Personally i can live with micro transaction if people know what they get for there money. But if it aims to get children addicted on some kind of gambling scheme, i have real ethical concerns about this.

Regarding monetization for PDX products in general, at some point will I be able to just do a monthly subscription to paradox and unlock all dlc for all games as long as I stay subbed? I'm sure the spreadsheet wizards can make the numbers work on keeping that competitive with a la carte dlc (which should never go away). It's just getting hard to keep up with all these games and so easy to fall behind on dlc and then not want to get back into a game.

Larian has a thing like this; I paid in up-front and I get every game they release.

They were competent enough to edit out the gunships but not the tanks with a literal UNSC logo on them.
Yeah, I just looked for the cleanest part of the image and just threw it into google image search.

There's probably loads more to find throughout the game, which is likely more fun than the game itself.

Would love to but sadly unable.

Can I request however that you or another Paradox representative detail what steps are being taken to ensure that vulnerable people are not specifically targeted and exploited by this games monetization model at pdx con please.
Good point.

Not only children can fall for those kind of predatory methods

nnhxzytriqs31.jpg
Not to mention the fact that it leaves behind a ramp to nowhere instead of what looks like an entrance.

Ah the joys of outsourcing for a quick buck.

Yeah, that's not the quality i expect from the PDX products.
Ramp going nowhere, ghost vents, shadow loading bay.

Well if there is anything shady, since they released it and it is collecting money, you can report it to google play, and I think microsoft has its own department for that too.

They haven't released it yet, though if there if anything copyrighted then you can be sure MS or the affected company would give them a cease and desist quite quickly. Google Play on the other hand is quite liberal about this

I thought this was supposed to wait until PDXCon, or this and other things to go with it. That's what has me confused. And I disagree that Stellaris is the best Paradox IP for a mobile game. But as long as it doesn't interfere with Stellaris the PC game, I'm just whatever. Might even introduce some things that have been lacking.

I can kind of see this working, when you strip down the specifics of planetary and system development. Stellaris is already very abstracted. I see mobile games as basic and shallow, here's hoping they make something with substance.

By the way, we still wish for a way to change our empire's flag in-game pc version.

Edit:
I realize from the variety of responses given in this thread and the comments here about Diablo/Blizzard, that the teasers and announcements are on to diffuse intensity of backlash due to shock. Many people (and myself) are like, whaaaaaaaat but don't really care. So I think the intended result was accomplished.

Last edited:
As it appears basic due diligence was not done on Gamebear Techs ethics my question is how have you ensured they comply with the GDPR?
And have they recieved any data on Stellaris players?

They haven't released it yet, though if there if anything copyrighted then you can be sure MS or the affected company would give them a cease and desist quite quickly. Google Play on the other hand is quite liberal about this

I meant that they are collecting monetary from the game, regardless if the game is officially released or not, if they are collecting money from it, the product is considered fair game for any damages.

Larian has a thing like this; I paid in up-front and I get every game they release.
The drawback is if you cancel the sub you would lose access to it all so that model wouldn't be for everyone. I would use it to check out the current state of a game and maybe buy the dlcs later if I want to own it instead. As it is now I can't easily go back to hoi4 without dropping a lot of cash up front, for example.

Very frankly, this announcement is the single biggest disappointment I've experienced with Paradox Interactive — and I've been playing PDX games since the first EU.
I only hope that this unfortunate event will remain a one-time endeavour and we won't see once great publisher descending into the dark side of crudely done money-minting mobile F2P garbage. If you want to earn money in drugs, guys, just get into vodka business: it's almost as profitable but at least honest.

I understand that you are still "fine tuning" the monetarisation. But can you tell us if it is in any way based on a gambling / loot box approach? Personally i can live with micro transaction if people know what they get for there money. But if it aims to get children addicted on some kind of gambling scheme, i have real ethical concerns about this.

Likely it’s not based on loot boxes, but on action timers that tick down in real time. Hours or days or even freakin’ *weeks* of real time.

The goal is to induce frustration in the player, so that he uses real world money to speed up some of those timers.

Look, for instance, at the mobile version of Dungeon Keeper.

Now i'm interested if author of the artwork was paid. Dunno about legality of almost stealing artwork, but using it in such a way without any credit is certainly shady, and i'm sad to see PDX attached to it in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.