Stellaris: Galaxy Command has Arrived!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if this was the best way of unveiling the game to the world but at the same time I am pretty sure this game is not targeted at me. I will be checking this game from time to time but at the moment I am not even remotely interested in it.

I wish Paradox the best of luck with this and I really hope the development of Stellaris on PC will continue.

Good luck and guys if possible keep in mind this game is not developed by the Stellaris Devs themselves.

>when the mobile Stellaris game seems to have better diplomacy than the actual game.
I will only say "Stay tuned" ;)

Galaxy Command will definitely have a different type of diplomacy. It's an MMO so it's very meta, in a sense that it's human driven. PvE is in the game but the core of interactions is between players and their alliances.

I have some interest in this and I would be willing to pay an upfront cost but the slightest hint of pay to win MTX and I'm steering clear.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paradoxplaza.lassie

upload_2019-10-15_16-40-5.png

Question: As pointed out in other threads, this game seems to have many similarities with the game Nova Empire from the same developer. It seemed sometimes so similar, that some people thought, it might be an asset swap + added ethics and diplomacy.
How similar are those games in reality?

Reactions:
"We are developing this game in collaboration with an external studio called Gamebear. We picked Gamebear for a number of reasons, but one of the first and foremost is that they turned out to be huge fans of Paradox and Stellaris from the get-go"

Gamebear, the maker of Nova Empire...

http://novaempiregame.com/MEDIA.html?searchText=MEDIA

A game that looks a lot like this "new" stellaris galaxy command. I'm going to call these "huge fan" thing a poorly calculated PR stunt. The way I see it, you are licencing the stellaris "brand" for some cash grab. Nothing wrong with that per se (It is disapointing coming from Paradox, but you are a business afterall...) but please, don't start talking to your fan with this kind of fake "friendly community manager" tone. It give a certain impression of your company trying to distance itself from the player base... Which is never a good thing.

Also : "In the future, we will discuss many more features, including base building, trade, alliances, war mechanics, and monetization, etc."

Reactions:
I guess from the disagree's people are more than happy to have THIS instead of an actual DLC announced??? serious question...
- disagree's people are pointing out that you did not bothered to read announcement. This game is developed by third party company, its just a cheap cash grab that will not affect base game in any meaningful way.

While I personally have zero interest in buying this (like any other mobile game), I still wish them luck.
I think, however, the marketing for this was not very smart and will probably generate some fan backlash (at least on youtube it seems so).
If you are a (almost entirely) pc game company, its not clever to "hype" up a mobile game by given ambiguous hints via social media. Many people were expecting another expansion (or at least a major patch).

I doubt "we" are the target audience. This will be a game for people who primarily play mobile games. Gamebear seems to be behind Nova Empire (their first game), which was released in English and Chinese only, which might give you a hint as to wohin die Reise geht (as we say in German). That game also has a premium currency named G(alactic Empire Credits) and I'd wager the new Stellaris mobile game will be pretty similar, though apparently with a strong focus on trading resources (oh boy).

This is basically the financially mandatory mobile offshoot that any publisher has to do.

This is a special post as we are announcing a new game!

Oh I wish we had "Mandatory Open Borders" as a possible wargoal in the PC game. This looks surprisingly good.

Edit: I wrote that before I learned this is just a reskin of an existing game. Grr.

Last edited:
Monetization is actually one of the main reasons why we're doing a closed beta in the first place. We have a good idea on how we want to do it, and we do want the purchases to provide something tangible for the players who make them, but we are 100% looking for feedback about the balance of the Battle Pass (more on that soon!).

As long as I can do everything without having to buy a battle pass or any "premium" currency its good. The minute I have to do a MTX im out.

Reactions:
Ugh. A "Free"2Play, microtransaction laden mobile game. ... It was nice knowing a Paradox studio that cared about players instead of just "eternal growth" and highly exploitative monetization.

With this, I'm out.
No more Paradox games/DLC for me as long as this is a trend.

Shame. I was looking forward to Bloodlines. :(

Reactions:
We have big ambitions for our first major mobile game and hope that you'll see the same potential in Stellaris: Galaxy Command that we do!
Given that performance has been terrible in Stellaris for over 9 months, why would I consider trying anything Stellaris related when I already feel like I have wasted money on the last two Stellaris expansions?

Reactions:
It's best to keep obvious cash grabs quiet until after the main conference.

Unless of course this was done to crush the high expectations for the main conference.

Reactions:
I will only say "Stay tuned" ;)

Galaxy Command will definitely have a different type of diplomacy. It's an MMO so it's very meta, in a sense that it's human driven. PvE is in the game but the core of interactions is between players and their alliances.

"Players and alliances". So this means this will be another game where you build your base/fleet/whatever then unless you pay money to keep your "shields" up when you are offline, your entire base/fleet/whatever will be destroyed by somebody who paid money for the bonuses and you will have to build all over again?

Reactions:
It's best to keep obvious cash grabs quiet until after the main conference.

Unless of course this was done to crush the high expectations for the main conference.
Yep, thats the only big problem i have with it.
How they presented it.
If they said after the trailer/teaser for the new Dlc "btw to shorten the waiting time, we have Stellaris Galaxy Command" nobody would be angry.
Its just that over a period of 3-4 months we basically had no real big updates on the game and naturally everybody assumed after the first teasers, that they would be for the new expansion.
It was Really obvious thaz it was mobile, but some believed it was for the new expansion even after the obvous mobile UI.

I really think this is a big mistake. Since it will alienate much of the fan base, as well as put on the mobille platform a game that needs a lot of dedication.

I believe these people and money resources would be better employed in enhancing the wonderful base game we have.

But anyway, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.