Stellaris: Galaxy Command has Arrived!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Game at first actually looks pretty good. I have no problem paradox expanding into the mobile world. The kicker will be monetization. If you follow the same model as all these other shitty empire building rally games that charge $100 for resources and bull.... I'm sorry but that is a firestorm waiting to happen. Im digging the diplomacy and galaxy map.

Reactions:
I guess from the disagree's people are more than happy to have THIS instead of an actual DLC announced??? serious question...
Well part of it is that you didn't read through/understand the announcement and went of half-cocked (as usual).
The other part is this instead you're using. Announcing this game today and announcing the next DLC / focus for the next patch during PDSCon are in no way mutually exclusive. For those of us who have followed the teasers this is pretty much the expected turn of events.

The Microtransactions are already listed for this game in the US Android version.
$.99-$99.00
So yeah with that i am definitely not looking forward to what looks like another Mobile game designed to take money.

Reactions:
I doubt "we" are the target audience.

Agreed, but this is why I think that building ambiguos "hype" via social media was not a smart choice. If you want to announce a mobile game, do it, and not tease people with images which at least to some extent could have been seen as something for you core audience.

Also, if Diablo mobile taught us one thing it is that you should always announce your mobile spin off parallel to some exiting announcement for your core game, to keep everyone happy.

As long as I can do everything without having to buy a battle pass or any "premium" currency its good. The minute I have to do a MTX im out.
I will talk very shortly about the Battle Pass here. It's a system in development and likely to be tweaked so I'll go for broad strokes.

The battle pass is a linear series of rewards for the player. You unlock rewards as you complete objectives. The free battle pass has its set of rewards and so does the paid one. So to unlock the paid rewards, you still need to be a good player, performing well at the game, to level up the pass and unlock rewards. It's not an insta-win button.

I think I need to reiterate here that, like all the gameplay features, the monetization is also one of the things we want to tweak over the beta. See what is the fair price, whether some rewards should be permanent or temporary, what order should they unlock in, at what levels, should some rewards be unique, how many resources should be granted, ships etc. It's a complex system that will require feedback.

In general though, it's definitely the team's aim to have the kind of monetization that can help the game support itself in the realities of the mobile market (quite different to PC) but is still something everyone playing is comfortable with.

So whether you want to praise or rip, keep it coming. :)

I have nothing against mobile games. It’s non-upfront games that are the problem.
Yeah but f2p destroyed the mobile market. Upfront limits your audience sadly substantially. If people would play and buy just upfront games, there would be no f2p p2w.
It was a mistake to give 12 year olds smartphones.

Reactions:
Well part of it is that you didn't read through/understand the announcement and went of half-cocked (as usual).
The other part is this instead you're using. Announcing this game today and announcing the next DLC / focus for the next patch during PDSCon are in no way mutually exclusive. For those of us who have followed the teasers this is pretty much the expected turn of events.

Agreed. They announce this now to defuse the outrage ahead of pdxcon. A number of people will rage today and a few more days until their reactionary rage has burned out ahead of the reveals at pdxcon.

Reactions:
We tried to steer everyone clear of that impression over the whole week. But if you feel we didn't do a good enough job of that, it's a lesson for us for the future.

The teasers were dropped with too little context, and iven they were on the Stellaris page, it defaulted (to my view, at least) that they were for Stellaris main game.

Reactions:
Like a truce ?

Yeah, but perhaps requiring another war to reverse, rather than just expiring. Often I'm faced with Pathetic empires blocking my access to something, and regular empires only get Vassalize as a wardec option, since you can't rival them.

Well..someone has learned from Diablo Immortal and didn't announce their mobile game on the big stage :>

So far, this looks interesting. If it doesn't have any predatory mechanics, I'll give it a try.

Oh and I assume you will get your own forum from now on? Could get pretty confusing and...lets face it...toxic otherwise.

Is this an out of season April fool's joke?

hope it will fail, mobile game is the cancer of videogame
Yeah, but thats because most of the games are f2p p2w trashfires.
The platform itself has a good potential. Especially in the ar market. They had a lot of missed opportunities with Pokemongo and Ingress.
I could even imagine a f2p ar game, which is entirely monetized through real object purchases. Like merchandise or something akin to the stuff you scan into your nintendo 3ds, or how that stuff worked.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.