Stellaris - AI Empires Getting Aquatic Trait with Non-Ocean Habitability Preference

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hastet

Captain
33 Badges
Mar 10, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
Description
AI Empires Getting Aquatic Trait with Non-Ocean Habitability Preference

Game Version
Herbert 3.2.2 (abcc)

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I acquired pops from an AI that have the Aquatic Trait yet have Arid Preference. This should be incompatible for players creating empires, but the AI can somehow pick the Aquatic Trait even with non-ocean preferences.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Create a new game with AI empires and check if any species has the Aquatic Trait with non-Ocean preferences.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• aquatic on arid.png
    aquatic on arid.png
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
  • ironman.sav
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
Its either xenocompability or one of those events, which changes the habitability to that of the planet the pops currently live in, causing those shenanigans.
The AI empire's three homeworlds were arid, so I'm guessing it's not because of Glandular Acclimation.

I know Evolutionary Mastery lets you add the Aquatic trait to species without Ocean Preference. This is probably not intended behavior.
As far as I know, the AI Empire didn't pick genetic ascension perks. The psionic trait was because I assimilated them into my empire.