• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A pretty large bug with the "Depose Antipope" Casus Belli is when a future vassal is independent or rebelling and creates an Antipope, then after being incorporated into the larger kingdom/empire the only way to Depose the Antipope is by internal vassal warfare. The vassals liege can not remove the Antipope and external entities can not force its removal.

In my current game with the latest beta version there are now 2 Antipopes by separate dukes within the HRE (appointed during rebellions) with no way for me to remove as an external power, even when they die they continue to have successors hurting Catholic Moral Authority.
Evidently you'll need to either be at peace or need to not be in a civil war to create an anti-pope, and if you're a vassal with an anti-pope that anti-pope must either go to their liege (during which the liege can dispose of them) or lose anti-pope status.

Was it an oversight that religious orders are still 7.5k each? I was under the impression this was a known bug and was on track to be addressed.

Last edited:
There's a rather annoying bug with Heretic Strongholds that when they pop up for whatever reason they are given an expiry date in Year 1, Month X, Day Y (ie. 1.X.Y) instead of 10 years from the day they spawn. So in effect they never expire and counties turn into eternal heretic strongholds with a permanent 50% revolt risk.

Last edited:
There's a rather annoying bug with Heretic Strongholds that when they pop up for whatever reason they are given an expiry date in Year 1, Month X, Day Y (ie. 1.X.Y) instead of 10 years from the day they spawn. So in effect they never expire and counties turn into eternal heretic strongholds with a permanent 50% revolt risk.

It goes away after a few years. I reported the issue, but after a while playing it went away :p

It goes away after a few years. I reported the issue, but after a while playing it went away :p

It does go away through some random if you have SoA, but there's also another bug (which I reported) that prevents the Proselytize action from making it go away. Then there's the third reported bug, where apparently the marshal can't offset the +50% chance with his action...

Status
Not open for further replies.