• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful there Grish. Other forumites might start calling you entitled, and imply you are making a fool of yourself. Did you know it is not on to have thoughts of your own.

Sheep rule in today's society. BAAAAAAAA!

Same boat as Grish.
I feel a little bit like the old loyal girlfriend that got kicked to the curb for a younger, prettier woman. :D

You guys are aware that GG customers are just 5% and that the community had to request in order for PDS to make a GG version, right?

You guys are aware that GG customers are just 5% and that the community had to request in order for PDS to make a GG version, right?
\

Yes now we are,but I wasnt one of the people that requested it ,frankly had I known along time ago Paradox and Gamersgate split I would have switched to Steam on my own

You do know that Paradox were the ones that originally lead us to Gamersgate instead of Steam right?

Im personally not mad or anything,just would like to have all the stuff I have bought from Gamersgate on Steam,like I said my stuff is only on Gamersgate and not Steam becasue of Paradox

\

Yes now we are,but I wasnt one of the people that requested it ,frankly had I known along time ago Paradox and Gamersgate split I would have switched to Steam on my own
Oh, PDS will still sell stuff on GG, only everything will be a Steam code. If I remember the reason is simply: It's much easier to distribute patches that way.

Oh, PDS will still sell stuff on GG, only everything will be a Steam code. If I remember the reason is simply: It's much easier to distribute patches that way.

Ya and thats fine with me, just would rather have everything on Steam since thats the way Paradox decided to go.

Im a little weird anyways, I always prefered the boxed version over a download.Took me awhile to get used to the whole download thing instead of a boxed version/disc,man I feel freaking old

Ive been around here quite awhile so I may have to be corrected cause Im getting old :) Damn hair is even starting to fall out.

If I remember correctly Gamersgate was once part of Paradox, alot of us old timers started buying from Gamersgate so Paradox would get more money,we were being loyal to a great company that actually looks after their games and fixes them.
Apparently at some point Paradox and Gamersgate split. Hell I didnt know they split till after I bought this game.I think I read one of the Paradox members still owns Gamersgate(Fredrik maybe not sure though).
Had it not been for Paradox starting Gamersgate Id have all my stuff on Steam already.

We all used to be able to download a simple zip file to participate in the betas as well.

As a long time loyal Paradox supporter and fan, this whole non-steam users not being able to participate in betas and the constant you are a minority bs feels like a kick in the face, when most of us bought from Gamersgate just to be more loyal to Paradox.

I understand Paradox is a business,and the move to Steam helps out business
Most of us buying through Gamersgate originally did it to back Paradox,

So

Steam keys would surely remedy this whole problem,might not be possible though.

Please read the title of the thread. Here, I'll help by reprinting it below.

"Steam BETA Patch v1.103b now live"

Is that title "please give us your tale of woe over not 'testing' a patch for two weeks?" No? Then I guess its kind of off-topic.

To be honest, the problem is that such tales of woe are boringly common, and guaranteed off-topic in any game sub-forum. Your audience has read too many of these before, and a) does not care and b) is mildly annoyed that any late news on the patch is instead yet another page of GG customers having a pity party.

Yes it was all off topic much like half the posts,figured since it wasnt closed down yet id post it here instead of making an entire thread,and was merely giving an explanation of where some of us were coming from,and it wasnt a pity party just an explanation

So if that has upset you

I apologize oh mighty forum watcher of the woe is me crowd

See now I posted another off topic post.

If I type beta patch 1.103b looks like it will rock will this posts be on topic now?

GG customers having a pity party annoys you? Tough! At least you are not being treated differently to the rest of the customer base. Maybe if paradox treated ALL of their customers equally it wouldn't happen. Perhaps their next change in direction will effect you adversely. You better not kick up the traces about it.

Besides, if unhappy customer keep quiet just so as not to annoy others, how will we get our objections known? Maybe if enough noise is made about this, they will wake up and smell the cheese. If not, well I've already stated what I'm doing.

Stop this bickering now and stay on-topic.
Comments on the contents of the BETA patch are welcome, arguments and insults are not.

Man, The Hungarians are brutal in the new patch. And they invade EVERYONE. I was playing as Alania and they invaded me (No border either) for the Kingdom of Taurica (I had only 1 province in the dejure kingdom) and proceeded to take ALL of my land. When I surrendered (refused all peace deals until I was a non factor) it was like the Mongols hit and I lost all but one province.

I also noticed they Hungarians get to keep the Duke of Crimea title even after taking Hungary.

i do not really understand my fellow GGers complaints. The whole steam only beta patch thing doesn't bother me, or make me feel discriminated against, probably because i never bothered with beta patches, except for when they were the very last bit of material for a game... On the other hand, when we suddenly had to start registering our games to see mod forums, I was upset, where as most people at the time(My comp broke down not long after Vic2 AHD came out, didnt get it back till shortly after ck2 launched) thought it was a great idea... i was apparently in a minority as a person who was too lazy to register, or just didn't care.

So really i guess im saying while it doesn't bother me, i can see where you are coming from... i don't think its worth abandoning Paradox over though... thats a bit extreme IMHO... especially the people who have been players of paradox games for as long as most of the extreme responders have been... I mean all that investment, and you are just going to walk away because pdox did One thing you dont like?

edit: just saw the mods post... now i do feel a bit discriminated against, as its basically saying GGers should not be in this thread, since we don't have access to the patch...

well for an on topic comment...umm.. hope the actual patch does something for cross religion marriages, but im thankful for whats been done so far... what exactly was tweaked on marriage in this beta? just messing with ai acceptance? or was it more along the lines of tweaks to the ai using the changes from the last patch?

edit: just saw the mods post... now i do feel a bit discriminated against, as its basically saying GGers should not be in this thread, since we don't have access to the patch...
Not at all, you are perfectly welcome to comment on the patch contents, and on others' reactions to those contents.

I read the directions carefully..

steam > properties > betas tab > betas pulldown 1.103... theres another field: Enter beta access code to access private betas: [followed by a 'check code' button]

where in the world do I get this code?

I must be missing something very obvious cause no one else asked this question.. what am I missing?

I read the directions carefully..

steam > properties > betas tab > betas pulldown 1.103... theres another field: Enter beta access code to access private betas: [followed by a 'check code' button]

where in the world do I get this code?

I must be missing something very obvious cause no one else asked this question.. what am I missing?

You don't need to enter anything into that code field.

Status
Not open for further replies.