• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((As previously, aye to points two and three; nay to point four.))

((Don't need to re-vote if you've already voted. :)))

((I agree with the reasoning of the learned DensleyBlair. Won't unaffiliated Ministers throw out the party balance mechanism? Aye to 2 & 3 but Nay to 4.))

((I agree with the reasoning of the learned DensleyBlair. Won't unaffiliated Ministers throw out the party balance mechanism? Aye to 2 & 3 but Nay to 4.))

((First of all, I don't expect the occurrence to be a common one. Plus, I have a feeling if a party kicked somebody out, a no confidence vote would be sure to follow.))

Would the clerks of the Ministry of a Finance prepare for me a full report as to the finances of Germany as to aid me in planning.((Current budget screen and if it exists a pre-war budget screen if not if I could have some estimates on how much the war is costing, that would help. I will vote yes to all.))

Citizens of the German Republic, I Alex von Bern have been elected as your Chancellor once again. My last term saw great progress in the nation and it was crowned with a war that we will soon end. But I want to make something clear here and now. No citizen of the Republic will be prosecuted unjustly be it a Hohenzollern or a Bern. Republicanism strives for equality and that is what the citizens of Germany shall receive. With this I want to ask Albrecht von Hohenzollern to come back once more. If he refuses to do so then he will not be prosecuted for that either. Who are we to decide where he wishes to go?
With that out of the way I want to make it all simple. The last four years were full of progress alas it is not enough. To be the greatest nation, the greatest Republic the greatest Germany we must continue our progress. Thus we will continue our policies from last year. ((That was for you Avindian))
But there is one important subject that I must touch: Unity. Without unity the Republic cannot prosper. That is why my party - The New Society sought a coalition with the Alliance. This proves that Conservatives and Anarcho-Liberals can, should and MUST agree for national interests. I want this to be an example to the rest of the Republic. Put your differences aside and work together to further the nation in glory.
((I also need a military report since I'm Minister of War))

Would the clerks of the Ministry of a Finance prepare for me a full report as to the finances of Germany as to aid me in planning.((Current budget screen and if it exists a pre-war budget screen if not if I could have some estimates on how much the war is costing, that would help. I will vote yes to all.))

((There's a budget screen in the last update, which includes war expenses. Present tax rates are 58%/63%/68% for rich, middle, and lower classes. Expect the military expenses to be roughly 50% of what they are now in the event of peace, because we'll drop from 100% to 50% [per the existing law]. New Society is pro military, so that should be it. That should cover everything; if you need something else let me know.))

((I also need a military report since I'm Minister of War))

((Look at the 1847 report. The only difference between the army at present and the army in 1847 is that every infantry army is standardized with 8 inf/2 dragoons/2 arty. We have the hussar armies -- four now instead of two -- and a superfluous artillery brigade hanging out in the capital for reasons beyond my fathoming. Warlord Skorr asked for it based on something I'd said earlier, but I don't remember why. You can keep it or disband it; doesn't make a real difference in any case. We're 210/224 for army brigades.

The navy, at present, is 37 men o' war, 9 frigates, and 59 transports. We're 141/179 in terms of naval supply. We can build Commerce Raiders and Steam Transports, but haven't done so yet.

In terms of naval bases, we could probably stand to add a couple. They haven't changed since the game started. There's a map here. We have the highest level forts possible along the entire French and Polish borders.

Do you intend to keep EtzelHoveri as Chief of the Army?))

To all ministers: please make sure you check the updates and the table of contents before requesting information. I often include more information than is strictly necessary from an RPing perspective in an effort to anticipate your requests. Also, please give me specific questions or ask for specific information. I can answer those more quickly, sometimes without even booting up the game. I recognize it's difficult to answer these questions for yourself without the saves; the game as I have it has now been so heavily modified that I'm almost certain nobody could read it except me or somebody with a lot of time on their hands. It's NNM, the converter mod, and a host of other changes.

Brunelli pens a memo to the chancellor after getting acquainted with his department and examining the educational policies of the Republic

TO: Chancellor von Bern

MINISTRY OF EDUCATION

1849 Education Plan

I believe we should focus our educational efforts on math and science in our schools. Of course, we should not neglect history, art literature either. The state should subsidize the studies of universities that are examining the subjects of psychology and political theory so that society and government can be improved through our better understanding of the human mind. Job training relating to heavy industry should be encouraged in order to stimulate our economy and provide lasting jobs for as many workers as possible. Finally, we should increase grants to scientists who are laboring to discover and create more efficient industrial techniques.

((Tech priority:

1. Interchangeable Parts
2. State and Government
3. Iron Railroad (obviously only when 1850 starts)
4. Cheep Steel
5. Semi-Automization
6. Functionalism
7. Organized Factories
8. Associationism
9. Realism
10. Inorganic Chemistry
11. Biologism
12. Phenomenalism
13. Experimental Psychology
14. Nationalism and Imperialism
15. Realism))

- Minister of Education, Carlo Brunelli

Last edited:
Minister Massena --

I am aware of a certain confidential memorandum sent to you; several of the projects you indicate we should research have already been completed. I advise reading it again.

Deputy Minister for Education

((So everyone else knows, here's our present state of tech:

All row one technologies plus

Army: Muzzle Loaded Rifles, Iron Muzzle Loaded Artillery, Army Professionalism
Navy: Steamers
Commerce: Stock Exchange, Ad-Hoc Money Bill Printing, Market Structure
Culture: All row 2 culture techs except Associationism
Industry: All available row 2 industrial techs; only industrial tech left which we can research is Interchangeable Parts

In other words, Cheap Iron and High & Low Pressure Steam Engines are already finished. You may wish to reorder your list, or simply edit out the offending techs. :)))

Brunelli pens a memo to the chancellor after getting acquainted with his department and examining the educational policies of the Republic
((Tech priority:

1. Interchangeable Parts
2. Cheap Iron
4. State and Government
5. High and Low Pressure Steam Engines
6. Semi-Automization
7. Cheep Steel
8. Functionalism
9. Associationism
10. Realism
11. Inorganic Chemistry
12. Biologism
13. Phenomenalism
14. Experimental Psychology
15. Nationalism and Imperialism
15. Realism))

- Minister of Education, Carlo Brunelli

((I would like to suggest Organized Factories at some point given it will lead to Ruhr Boom decission))

((There's a budget screen in the last update, which includes war expenses. Present tax rates are 58%/63%/68% for rich, middle, and lower classes. Expect the military expenses to be roughly 50% of what they are now in the event of peace, because we'll drop from 100% to 50% [per the existing law]. New Society is pro military, so that should be it. That should cover everything; if you need something else let me know.))

((Look at the 1847 report. The only difference between the army at present and the army in 1847 is that every infantry army is standardized with 8 inf/2 dragoons/2 arty. We have the hussar armies -- four now instead of two -- and a superfluous artillery brigade hanging out in the capital for reasons beyond my fathoming. Warlord Skorr asked for it based on something I'd said earlier, but I don't remember why. You can keep it or disband it; doesn't make a real difference in any case. We're 210/224 for army brigades.

The navy, at present, is 37 men o' war, 9 frigates, and 59 transports. We're 141/179 in terms of naval supply. We can build Commerce Raiders and Steam Transports, but haven't done so yet.

In terms of naval bases, we could probably stand to add a couple. They haven't changed since the game started. There's a map here. We have the highest level forts possible along the entire French and Polish borders.

Do you intend to keep EtzelHoveri as Chief of the Army?))

To all ministers: please make sure you check the updates and the table of contents before requesting information. I often include more information than is strictly necessary from an RPing perspective in an effort to anticipate your requests. Also, please give me specific questions or ask for specific information. I can answer those more quickly, sometimes without even booting up the game. I recognize it's difficult to answer these questions for yourself without the saves; the game as I have it has now been so heavily modified that I'm almost certain nobody could read it except me or somebody with a lot of time on their hands. It's NNM, the converter mod, and a host of other changes.
((Doh!:eek:o Well that is what I get for writing that tired. Though now that I have had more time to think about it if I could get an ammount of how much money would be brought in for 1% tariff that would be nice.))

At the present time I have reviewed the foreign policy of the last Außenminister, and I must say I am thoroughly content with his policies. That being said, I do advise that we seek a policy of diplomatically isolating the Magyars and others who may be a threat to Germany's great glory. We must either win them with riches and the voice of reason, or we must crush them utterly with the strength of diplomacy. Germany, as the strongest nation in Europe, and the center lynchpin that keeps it civilized, we must exercise our authority as that power to ensure that Europe, and by proxy, the world abroad, remains in peace, order and stability.

At this time, we are at a point where drastic measure need not be applied, so I have no changes to submit at this time.

Signed,
Otto von Bismarck
Außenminister
Neue Gesellschaft Parteiführer

Minister Massena --

I am aware of a certain confidential memorandum sent to you; several of the projects you indicate we should research have already been completed. I advise reading it again.

Deputy Minister for Education

((So everyone else knows, here's our present state of tech:

All row one technologies plus

Army: Muzzle Loaded Rifles, Iron Muzzle Loaded Artillery, Army Professionalism
Navy: Steamers
Commerce: Stock Exchange, Ad-Hoc Money Bill Printing, Market Structure
Culture: All row 2 culture techs except Associationism
Industry: All available row 2 industrial techs; only industrial tech left which we can research is Interchangeable Parts

In other words, Cheap Iron and High & Low Pressure Steam Engines are already finished. You may wish to reorder your list, or simply edit out the offending techs. :)))

((Oops, I misinterpreted your pm))

MINISTRY OF EDUCATION

TO: CHANCELLOR Von Bern

I have made some adjustments to the 1849 education plan after some consultation with colleagues. It seems like our scientists have already made some of the industrial breakthroughs which I have desired.

((New plan:

1. Interchangeable Parts
2. State and Government
4. Cheep Steel
5. Semi-Automization
6. Functionalism
7. Organized Factories
8. Associationism
9. Realism
10. Inorganic Chemistry
11. Biologism
12. Phenomenalism
13. Experimental Psychology
14. Nationalism and Imperialism
15. Realism))

Minister of Education, Carlo Brunelli

((Doh!:eek:o Well that is what I get for writing that tired. Though now that I have had more time to think about it if I could get an ammount of how much money would be brought in for 1% tariff that would be nice.))

((I'll look into it when I get home.))

At the present time I have reviewed the foreign policy of the last Außenminister, and I must say I am thoroughly content with his policies. That being said, I do advise that we seek a policy of diplomatically isolating the Magyars and others who may be a threat to Germany's great glory. We must either win them with riches and the voice of reason, or we must crush them utterly with the strength of diplomacy. Germany, as the strongest nation in Europe, and the center lynchpin that keeps it civilized, we must exercise our authority as that power to ensure that Europe, and by proxy, the world abroad, remains in peace, order and stability.

At this time, we are at a point where drastic measure need not be applied, so I have no changes to submit at this time.

Signed,
Otto von Bismarck
Außenminister
Neue Gesellschaft Parteiführer

((You are aware we intend to puppet Hungary, correct?))