• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi, i am Kampfspargel from the steam workshop, here is my savegame that crashes. I also tried looking into the observer mode and have debug mode activated. Besides the two mods i ran Virtual Limes (Invictus) and Better UI, although i deactivated those two and it still crashes around that time. My savegame is attached as well as the error log file.
I ran it with Virtual Limes but not Better UI and it seems to run fine. When is it crashing for you?

However, please note that I do not troubleshoot compatibility with other mods (other than Invictus and Crisis).

It looked like it kept crashing due to some triggering event. There is a trick you can do for this sometimes:

1. Start I:R in debug mode by going to the start options in Steam and adding "-debug_mode"
2. Load your save.
3. Let it run a couple of days. Then save it.
4. Quit I:R
5. Open your save in Notepad++ and scroll to the bottom of the save file
6. Search for the date of the crash, like "date=YYY.MM.DD" e.g. "date=696.4.2" for April 2, 696 AUC
7. Find those dates that have "triggered_event { }" and delete those lines with everything in the curly brackets, which includes the trigger date.
8. Save the save file in Notepad++
9. Remove debug mode from the Steam start options
10. Load your save in I:R and see if it will go past the date.

This doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. It seems to have worked this time. I've attached your edited save here. Try it out. You might get a crash at another point in time though, and you can try this trick again. In any case, the timeline extender doesn't add events this early, so I don't see how this could be what is causing your crash. Since you're using the Crisis mod, maybe @Diskianterezh can take a look if you get more crashes.
I really appreciate your help, and I will speak with the Crisis mod author, and get back to you on what is said if you would like, or leave you alone as relates to this matter instead, either way thank you very much for your help I really appreciate it.

It looked like it kept crashing due to some triggering event. There is a trick you can do for this sometimes:

1. Start I:R in debug mode by going to the start options in Steam and adding "-debug_mode"
2. Load your save.
3. Let it run a couple of days. Then save it.
4. Quit I:R
5. Open your save in Notepad++ and scroll to the bottom of the save file
6. Search for the date of the crash, like "date=YYY.MM.DD" e.g. "date=696.4.2" for April 2, 696 AUC
7. Find those dates that have "triggered_event { }" and delete those lines with everything in the curly brackets, which includes the trigger date.
8. Save the save file in Notepad++
9. Remove debug mode from the Steam start options
10. Load your save in I:R and see if it will go past the date.

This doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. It seems to have worked this time. I've attached your edited save here. Try it out. You might get a crash at another point in time though, and you can try this trick again. In any case, the timeline extender doesn't add events this early, so I don't see how this could be what is causing your crash. Since you're using the Crisis mod, maybe @Diskianterezh can take a look if you get more crashes.
Also, im sorry for any further inconvenience, but could you tell me how I download the altered save file you attached, when I click it, it just opens a sort of notepad like thing in a new tab.

Also, im sorry for any further inconvenience, but could you tell me how I download the altered save file you attached, when I click it, it just opens a sort of notepad like thing in a new tab.
Try right-clicking and save file as, and don't save it as a text document.

Try right-clicking and save file as, and don't save it as a text document.
It only allows me to save the link, ill attach a screen capture of what it shows when I right click, I tried it on both chrome and edge browsers, is it different for you?

Attachments

• Caromepture.PNG
    Caromepture.PNG
    124,9 KB · Views: 0
It only allows me to save the link, ill attach a screen capture of what it shows when I right click, I tried it on both chrome and edge browsers, is it different for you?
Try save link as, and then choose all files rather than text

Hello @TinWiz @Christopher0207
Did any of you managed to get the log of the crash ?
I'm trying to load the save but the file is corrupted, i'm trying with Invictus 1.6.1.e, TE and Crisis updated.
I usually do not have any event this early (if that's around 20AD), but i might have some variables running around where they shouldn't. Better safe than sorry.
Also possible that a new Invictus hotfix sometimes crash things, after all the game is starting to be pretty modded !

Hello @TinWiz @Christopher0207
Did any of you managed to get the log of the crash ?
I'm trying to load the save but the file is corrupted, i'm trying with Invictus 1.6.1.e, TE and Crisis updated.
I usually do not have any event this early (if that's around 20AD), but i might have some variables running around where they shouldn't. Better safe than sorry.
Also possible that a new Invictus hotfix sometimes crash things, after all the game is starting to be pretty modded !
I loaded the save with Invictus v1.6.1e, TE, and Crisis, on the 2.0.4 beta patch.

Attached the error log file here. Looks like there was an event triggering the crash, so I removed country events triggering on that date from the save file, and it could keep running.

Attachments

• error.log
    693,1 KB · Views: 0
I loaded the save with Invictus v1.6.1e, TE, and Crisis, on the 2.0.4 beta patch.
This might be a possibility, Crisis has not been made compatible for 2.0.4, as that's a beta patch. But when i switched into beta version, i still not managed to open the save.
Also there is a LOT of locs issues - i don't know if that's because of your quick load of the save, but i think there might be a localization/language issue.
Anyway, this
1697184726333.png

looks a bit weird, i have no idea where this came from.
Everywhere else, only bugs from C3RD are locs issues, probably the wrong language is used, or the mod files are corrupted.

This might be a possibility, Crisis has not been made compatible for 2.0.4, as that's a beta patch. But when i switched into beta version, i still not managed to open the save.
Also there is a LOT of locs issues - i don't know if that's because of your quick load of the save, but i think there might be a localization/language issue.
Anyway, this
View attachment 1030476
looks a bit weird, i have no idea where this came from.
Everywhere else, only bugs from C3RD are locs issues, probably the wrong language is used, or the mod files are corrupted.
Loc issues are probably because I ran it in German. Sorry for the confusion there.

Reactions:
I ran it with Virtual Limes but not Better UI and it seems to run fine. When is it crashing for you?

However, please note that I do not troubleshoot compatibility with other mods (other than Invictus and Crisis).
Hey, so i also ran it without better ui and it makes no difference.the crash happens irregulary, ususally between 1 and 5 years after the start of the game

Hey, so i also ran it without better ui and it makes no difference.the crash happens irregulary, ususally between 1 and 5 years after the start of the game
Are you running it on the beta patch (v2.0.4)? Try it on that. I ran it on v2.0.4 with Invictus, Virtual Limes, and the timeline extension, in that load order. It ran for 10+ years.

2023-10-18-2.png

• 1Like
Reactions: