• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do this mod have Islam in it if not will it be added later?
No, this timeline extender aims to end in 1229 AUC / 476 CE, and then convert to Crusader Kings II or III, so there is no Islam. That would need a CK2 or CK3 mod, such as When the World Stopped Making Sense (WtWSMS).

WtWSMS has some rise of Islam events in the original CK2 version; the CK3 version is in development.

I think that both @Dr. Dudelsack for the I:R→CK2 converter and @IlikeTrains who develops the I:R→CK3 converter, plan for some integration or compatibility with WtWSMS eventually.

Edit: I've added this question to the OP.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Oh ok Thanks still nice mod be the way
one more question does this still works with the CK3 converter?
if so does christianity import itself to CK3?
Thanks :) This does work with the I:R→CK3 converter, but, the converter is not yet compatible with the newest version 1.5 of CK3 that just came out with the Royal Court expansion. So you'd have to revert CK3 back to 1.4.4 for now. Christianity is supported by the converter, and it splits into the different CK3 faiths (Orthodox, Catholic, Coptic, Nestorian, Apostolic, or Insular) depending on region.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
v0.9.5 adjustments for confirmed compatibility with Invictus 1.3 "Ashoka" and population decline tweaks
Just uploaded v0.9.5 with some changes for compatibility with the latest Invictus release, 1.3 "Ashoka", and to tweak the late antiquity population decline modifier, so that it is worse in western Europe than anywhere else. Migratory tribes should target western Europe more often in the later timeline (after ~1050 AUC / 300 CE). It is more difficult for both the AI and players to hold a united Roman Empire or Western Roman Empire together as provinces are depleted of population.

Changelog IR_TE v0.9.5

*changed file name of integrated_culture_decisions to integrated_culture_decisions_te and included only city_self_rule decisions changes so it doesn't overwrite the entire base game file
-better compatibility with Invictus and Cultural Conflation mods

*copied new tags to countries.txt for compatibility with new version (1.3) of Invictus released February 10, 2022

*Added country modifier late_antiquity_pop_decline_occident that decreases population growth by -0.44%
-this will empty provinces faster and should open up more land for migrating tribes to move into western Europe
*Added country modifier late_antiquity_pop_decline_orient that decreases population by -0.22%
-should slow population growth without creating empty pockets that move tribes farther east
*Edited te_plagues.3[0] and te_plagues.31 to replace late_antiquity_pop_decline[_central] modifier with late_antiquity_pop_decline_occident around 1128 AUC / 375 CE
*Added te_plagues.32–35 hidden events that adds late_antiquity_pop_decline_occident and late_antiquity_pop_decline_orient to countries depending if they have provinces in_pars_occidentalis_trigger = yes/no
-this should replace the -0.33% late_antiquity_pop_decline[_central] modifier with the more severe -0.44% late_antiquity_pop_decline_occident modifier in western Europe late in the timeline

*Adjusted trigger for te_christianity.71 to check current_ruler is_adult = yes

######
TO DO:
!More testing
?Deutsch localization?

Thanks to Snowlet for checking the mod files to confirm compatibility and adding this to the list of compatible mods with Invictus https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2532869087

Attachments

• Simple IR Timeline Extender v0.9.5.zip
    2,1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Gonna do a test run now! Am i right in assuming this is first in the load order still?

Do you know how I can get christianity early and the decision to convert early like do I delete something?
If you've downloaded the mod from the Paradox Mods site instead of Steam you can edit the files.

Edit the C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Imperator\mod\Simple IR Timeline Extender\decisions te_decisions.txt file. Where it says:
Code:
country_decisions = {

convert_to_christian = {
        potential = {
            OR = {
                current_date > 953.12.31
                AND = {
                    current_date > 854.1.1
                    is_ai = no
                }
            }
At the top, delete the second current_date in the AND bracket, so it's just:
Code:
country_decisions = {

convert_to_christian = {
        potential = {
            OR = {
                current_date > 953.12.31
                is_ai = no
            }

That will allow you to take the decision to convert whenever you meet the conditions. You could also simplify the requirements, in the "allow" bracket to make it easier to convert. So instead of
Code:
allow = {
            could_change_religion_trigger = {
                RELIGION = christianity
            }
}
Change it to something really easy like
Code:
allow = {
            num_of_cities >= 1
}
You can then use the console commands to trigger two events that will start Christianity early. Type event l6_christian.1 ### to launch the first event, and event l6_christian.2 ### for the second event. ### would be your country's three-digit ID, like ROM for Rome, or SEL for the Seleucids, or EGY for Egypt.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help but the decision didn't affect anything will probably just give up on this mod for now.
But I wish you get good luck with your mod.
Sure, it is based around an extended timeline so getting everything early would take some substantial revisions. Though you can trigger some events and make the decision to convert easier.

Yeah, I had a lot of them since playing with the "AI Empires Collapse" mod and some self-customized conversion and assimilation settings based on the invictus mod.

Although I have a lot of fun with those settings, I usually get crashes between 900 - 1000 AUC (because of the hard cap).

But now, after changing your "civil war threshold" to states=7 and cities=25 (so just regional powers and above can have a civil war), I´m on good way of getting to 1200 AUC or even further.

Nevertheless the best option obviously would be to get rid of the hard cap

Reactions:
I wonder if it has anything to do with the minimum system requirements, since there is noticeable lag when you approach the cap. I doubt it was a deliberate limit that forces a crash? Probably some kind of bug that we can't fix.

Reactions:
when is the next version coming out?

Reactions:
v0.9.6 update for compatibility with Invictus 1.3b patch; added civilization decline
Version 0.9.6 is now uploaded to Steam and the Paradox Mods website; it makes a small change in the setup countries.txt file for compatibility with the latest Invictus patch, 1.3b.

I've also tweaked the late antiquity decline modifier some more and added a decline in civilization, which is worse in western Europe than anywhere else. Feedback appreciated as always!

Changelog IR_TE v0.9.6

*l6_christian.5 now includes already christian pops when dividing population for conversion targets
-conversion should be somewhat more gradual

*corrected on_action trigger for te_custom_on_action_yearly_country_migrations from num_of_cities > 1 to num_of_cities >= 1
-settled tribes with only 1 city should now take decision to become migratory if they meet the conditions

*Splitting the Roman Empire now sets the country heritage for the junior pars to roman_heritage

*substituted dominant province culture groups for the specific culture lists in te_judaism.3
-now includes carthaginian, phoenician and hebrew

*added negative global_monthly_civilization amounts to all late antiquity pop decline modifiers
*added negative global_commerce_modifier amounts to all late antiquity pop decline modifiers
*changed triggers for late antiquity pop decline modifiers so they remove from, and do not add to, countries with num_of_cities < 2
*adjusted negative amounts for pop growth for all modifiers
-balancing with civ decay
*adjusted triggers for orient pop decline modifier to avoid tags with capital_scope = { is_in_pars_occidentalis = yes }
*changed trigger date for occident late antiquity decline modifier to 1104/351

*added negative commerce_value amounts to Antonine and Cyprian plague modifiers
*added negative state_commerce_value amounts to Antonine and Cyprian plague modifiers

*adjusted trigger for te_christianity.71 from p:1 = { is_capital = yes } to p:1 = { owner = root }
-event will trigger for either tag = ROM or if current_ruler = { has_culture_group = latin }
-either Rome may move their capital or another major Latin culture country might conquer Rome
*adjusted ai_constantinople decision from capital_scope = { this = p:1 } to owns = 1
-AI Rome may have moved their capital!
+very rare but possible
######
TO DO:
!More testing
!Look for any new create_country issues in game logs
~that could cause stability problems with too many dynamic tags in the late timeline
?Deutsch localization?

Attachments

• Simple IR Timeline Extender v0.9.6.zip
    2,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions: