• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Birger

Not really here...
6 Badges
Sep 21, 2001
www.wappenwiki.org
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
Here's all the shields I've made (so far), for CK, with correct names. Be sure to make a backup of your original graphics before you install this package. The file also contains some interface graphics.

Please report any errors to me since I probably got some of the names wrong... It got a bit confusing at the end... :wacko:

http://languish.org/birgerjarl/CK/ck_shields.rar (~ 7 mb)

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that the pack includes about 150 shields or so.

The shields in England are based on the CoA of each earl of the area in the 12th century. :)

These shields are included in the pack:

Achaea
Albania
Agnus
Antioch
Apulia
Aragon
Argyll
Armenia
Armenia Minor
Armagnac
Asturias
Atholl
Auvergne
Austria

Baden
Banat
Bavaria
Béarn
Bohemia
Bosnia
Burgundy
Bourbonnais
Brandenburg
Bremen
Brittany
Bulgaria
Byzantine Empire

Castile
Carinthia
Champagne
Chester
Chernigov
Cleves
Cologne
Croatia
Cumberland
Cyprus

Dnazig
Denmark
Derby
Durham
Dyfed

Edessa
England
Essex

Finnveden
Flandern
Florence
Franconia
France
Friesland

Galicia (Spain)
Gelre
Genoa
Georgia
Germany
Gloucester
Gotland
Gwent
Gwynedd

Hainaut
Halland
Hereford
Holstein
Hospitallers (Knights of St John)
Holy Roman Empire
Hungary

Iceland
Isle of Mann
Italy

Jerusalem
Jamtland

Kent
Krain

Lancaster
Leon
Leister
Lincoln
Lithuania
Livonia
Luxembourg
Lüneburg

Mainz
Mallorca
Mantua
Masovia
Meath
Mecklenburg
Meissen
Milan
Moldavia
Moravia
Muscowy
Munster (Ireland)

Naples
Navarre
Norfolk
Normandy
Northumberland
Norway

Oldenburg
Orkney
Ostergotland
Osnabrück
Oxford

Papal States
Poitou
Poland
Polotsk
Pommern
Portugal

Ryazan

Salisbury
Savoy
Sachsen
Scotland
Sicily
Silesia
Skane
Slovenia
Smaland
Sussex
Suzdal
Sleschwig
Sweden
Syria
Stettin
Styria
Surrey
Suffolk

Templar
Teutonic Order
Thessalonica
Thrace
Thuringen
Toulouse
Trebizond
Trier
Tyrol

Vastergotland
Varmland
Venice
Verona
Volhynia

Wallachia
Warwick

York

+ some that I don't know the names of right now...

Hang on for updates. :)

Last edited:
The followings are out of accord with defaul names.

ACHA, ALBA, ARNA, ATRI, BADE, BANA, BEAR, BREM, CLEV, COLO, ESSE, FLOR, HALL, KENT, LOMB, MEISS, SIEBE, TYRO, WURT.

My guess is ...
ACHA --> c476
ALBA --> c673
ARNA --> Armagnac??
BADE --> c125
BEAR --> c208
BREM --> c995
ESSE --> ESSX or c072
FLOR --> TOSC
HALL --> c302
KENT --> SUSS or c073
LOMB --> MILA or c235
MEISS --> MEIS
NAPE --> NAPL

and C075, MEDE, EDES are same CoA?

Last edited:
Gratianus said:
The followings are out of accord with defaul names.

ACHA, ALBA, ARNA, ATRI, BADE, BANA, BEAR, BREM, BULG, CLEV, COLO, ESSE, FLOR, HALL, KENT, LOMB, MEISS, SIEBE, TYRO, WURT.

My guess is ...
ESSE --> ESSX
FLOR --> TOSC
KENT --> SUSS
LOMB --> MILA
MEISS --> MEIS
NAPE --> NAPL
BULG --> BOUG

and C075, MEDE, EDES are same CoA?

Hmm, you could think I was drunk when I did this... :eek:o

I've fixed the errors and uploaded the file again, shouldn't be any problems now... I really need a assistant, anyone interested? ;)

great work BJ :) but there is a problem with the duchy of Bretagne.The COA that you've created is wrong in 1066. It began to be used in 1215 when Pierre de Dreux (1215-1237 i think) rose the throne in Bretagne. For this time, i think the paradox COA is best than yours ;) Maybe you could fine an "ermine" which looks more medieval than the present one.

as i told you, i start to work on the Bretagne COA (duchy + counties) For the duchy there is 3 possibilities:

first one is the one you put in your pack:
armes_bretagne_dreux.gif
began to be used in 1215 by Pierre de Dreux when i came to the throne of the duchy but NOT used by his successors. First Bretagne COA officially known.

second one is the one used by Paradox. I've found an exemple which looks more medieval than the present one
armes_bretagne1.gif

used since 1251 (adopted by Jean I le Roux son of Pierre I de Dreux. Used till the unification with France (1532). This COA is the most used from 1066 to 1452 so it could be the best choice.

and finally the third (the one i prefered :) ) it's a simple black cross on a white back ground (like teutonic order)
th_old-bretagne.bmp

historicaly i think it's the best. It's cald the "kroaz du"(black cross in breton)

i found this on a french site:
Origine du Kroaz-Du : En 1188, lors de la IIIe croisade, le pape Urbain II donna pour bannière, aux chevaliers bretons, partis pour défendre la foi Chrétienne, la croix noire sur fond blanc, Kroaz-Du en breton. Cependant, cette croix ne va pas disparaître avec la croisade, elle figurera sur des portulans et sera toujours utilisée pour les troupes bretonnes, la marine bretonne et l'amirauté de Bretagne.

in fact it's wrote that the black cross was given by the pope Urbino II in 1188 to the breton(?) noblemen who participate to third crusade. Great isn't it ? :cool: IMO it's a good choice in a game based on crusades like CK :) . What do u think BJ

pb with the Steiermark duchy shield. You keep the old one which is realy odd ! ;) . You should clearly replace it by the one you've created for the county (c455) which one is "magnifique" like we say in french ;) .

Moreover, in France maybe you could replace the original one of Anjou by the one i found in your pack (C023 i dont know where it is a english county i think)

i've just began to work on the french shields made of "fleur de lys" with paintbrush :cool: i replace the awful original "fleur de lys" texture (thanks to heraldique.europeenne ;) ) by the one used for France in your pack BJ. Here is an exemple for the county of Viviers (c223)
old one:

c223.bmp

new one:

c223mod.bmp

what do you think of this ? i will post some new sooner. Maybe you could correct them with best program(like photoshop) and your great experience of "shields maker" :D

thanks, i've made some new for
Artois duchy and county:
c077.bmp

arto.bmp

Léon (county)
c103.bmp

another one i cant remind the name:
c098.bmp

Last edited:
melankton said:
pb with the Steiermark duchy shield. You keep the old one which is realy odd ! ;) . You should clearly replace it by the one you've created for the county (c455) which one is "magnifique" like we say in french ;) .

Moreover, in France maybe you could replace the original one of Anjou by the one i found in your pack (C023 i dont know where it is a english county i think)

I must've missed to name one copy STEI, this is why I need a assistant... ;)

C023 is Salisbury and that is the coat of arms of William Longespée, earl of Salisbury. Illigitimate son of Henry II Plantagenêt, king of England.
The coat of arms looks identical as the one attributed to his grandfather Geoffrey Plantagenêt (Anjou).

Since there's so many coat of arms in CK there will be some that look the same, you could always change the colors a bit.

melankton said:
i've just began to work on the french shields made of "fleur de lys" with paintbrush :cool: i replace the awful original "fleur de lys" texture (thanks to heraldique.europeenne ;) ) by the one used for France in your pack BJ. Here is an exemple for the county of Viviers (c223)
old one:

c223.bmp

new one:

c223mod.bmp

what do you think of this ? i will post some new sooner. Maybe you could correct them with best program(like photoshop) and your great experience of "shields maker" :D

Looks good, but I think the frame has to be remade a bit. I'll see what I can do... :)