• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Party: Liberales
Coalition: with Conservadores
Coalition Candidate: Antonio de Santa Rosa
Press Act: Yea
Industrialization Encouragement Act: Abstain

I am grateful to see the much waited for reform in Chilean press laws has been put forth by el Presidente. That should see freedom being extended to more of our people. However, the Industrialization Act proves to be much more ambiguous: while it ensures low taxes for capitalists, which is good, the encouragement focused on Santiago looks like a veiled attempt of control over the circumstances upon which the capital shall be invested, and this sort of intervention crosses the line for me. I will refrain from judgement, maybe until a clearer picture arises.

- Pablo Germán Subercaseaux, clandestine journalist, from undisclosed location - though with a nice view of the Valparaíso bay

Party: Nacionales
Candidate: Rivera
Coalition: No coalition
Press Act: Yes
Industrial Encouragement Act: No

My reasons for opposing the Industrial Act are as follows. Instead of giving away tax dollars to the capitalists to use to purchase luxury goods and stick in the national bank, we should use these funds to directly invest in new industries in partnership with the capitalists. This will enrich the nation, the workers and the capitalists.

Senator Francisco Rivera

((I want both of the Nationalist candidate's policies before fully supporting either of them)).

Last edited:
Party: Conservadores
Candidate: Romano
Coalition: Coalition with Nacionales
Coalition Candidate: Romano
Press Act: Abstrain
Industrialization Encouragement Act: Yay

As you can see, el Presidente, who previously backed the Press Act, has now moved away from it, despite its previous support. Why have you changed your opinion on the bill, Senor?

From the mouth of el Presidente: "I have personally suggested a reform of a Censored Press, which would gradually bring the responsibility of the press to the people, thereby freeing government resources little by little."

Yet when the opportunity arises to vote for such a bill, he abstains.

Last edited:
Party: Conservadores
Candidate: Romano
Coalition: No Preference
Coalition Candidate (in the event of a coalition): Romano
Press Act:
Industrialization Encouragement Act:

Party: Liberales
Candidate: Antonio de Santa Rosa
Coalition: Coalition with Conservadores
Press Act: Yes (on censored press)
Industrialization Encouragement Act: Yay

Last edited:
And here's that all-important first primary update. Too early to call any important trends.

Liberales:
Coalition with Conservadores: 3
Abstain:

Emilio Romano ((Pallen)): 1
Antonio de Santa Rosa ((Riccardo93)): 2

Total: 3

Conservadores:
Coalition with Nacionales: 2
Abstain: 1

Emilio Romano ((Pallen)): 3

Total: 3

Nacionales:
Carrera ((King50000)): 1
Rivera ((atomicsoda)): 1

Coalition with Conservadores: 1
Coalition with Monárquicos:
No Coalition: 1

Romano ((Pallen)): 1
Rivera ((atomicsoda)): 1

Total: 2

Monárquicos:
Coalition with Conservadores: 1

Romano ((Pallen)): 1

Total: 1

Press Act:
Yes: 9
No: 1
Abstain:

Industrial Encouragement Act:
Yes: 6
No: 3
Abstain: 1

((We're using a semi-open primary system here, so if you're an independent you can vote in the party of your choice -- same as last time.))

Last edited:
As you can see, el Presidente, who previously backed the Press Act, has now moved away from it, despite its previous support. Why have you changed your opinion on the bill, Senor?

From the mouth of el Presidente: "I have personally suggested a reform of a Censored Press, which would gradually bring the responsibility of the press to the people, thereby freeing government resources little by little."

Yet when the opportunity arises to vote for such a bill, he abstains.

((was a mistake, i changed it, sorry was bit tired xD ))

My fellow Monárquicos!

Do not surrender!

We will fight this election. We will not give in immediately.

Put the full weight of your voting behind the Partido Monárquico, and maybe we can get a sizeable chunk of the Parliament. I highlight the recent shenanigans (coup, etc) as the weaknesses of a republican system. A true democracy has a monarch for a figurehead.

Party: Monárquicos
Candidate: Me
Coalition: None yet, subject to change...
Industrialisation thingy: going to find out what it is

Ah, my apologies, Senor Presidente. I was concerned, but thank you for clearing that up.

Party:Conservatives
Candidate:Romano
Coalition:Nationalists
Coalition candidate:Romano
Industrialization act:Yes
Press Act:Yes

~ André de L'ombre

((Oh well. Since nobody wants to give their platforms, I'll just go with Status Quo.)).

Candidate: Carrera
Coalition Candidate: No Preference
Press Act: YES

Cooperation is important for Chile. Therefore I support Carrera's candidacy. However, if Rivera is elected as party candidate instead, then I will support him.

- General Jorge Alejandro Santandera

((Still a seriously a hard choice when it comes to candidate. However, not knowing their respective policies...yeah, this'll do.))

Candidate: Manuel Carrera
Coalition: Coalition with Liberales
Coalition Candidate: Antonio de Santa Rosa
Press Act:
Industrialization Encouragement Act:

((Oh well. Since nobody wants to give their platforms, I'll just go with Status Quo.)).

Candidate: Carrera
Coalition Candidate: No Preference
Press Act: YES

Cooperation is important for Chile. Therefore I support Carrera's candidacy. However, if Rivera is elected as party candidate instead, then I will support him.

- General Jorge Alejandro Santandera

((Still a seriously a hard choice when it comes to candidate. However, not knowing their respective policies...yeah, this'll do.))

"Let us not get ahead of ourselves of the policies of the Liberales! We have a great future ahead of Chile, and I do not wish to reform every part of the Chilean Nation so rash and blindly. Mayor de Santa Rosa has visions, that is good, but new is not always better and at the speed he wishes to implent these visions will result in a nightmare. I would never stand in the way of progress, but revolution as de Santa Rosa speaks of is not the answer. As promised I wish to present my platform once again, but first I wish to discuss my term as presidente.

Why should I be re-elected? My administration was elected right after a coup and during a war, in the worst case scenario we could have lost the war, and we could have been forced to give up more land, and our soldiers would have died for nothing. Yet my administration and I had managed to turn the war, despite the odds, to the best possible outcome. We have defeated the Argintinians, we have regained our core provinces, and despite great losses we have managed to resupply the army with healthy and professional soldiers. Not only has my administration resupplied the army, but in turn we have also produced Chile's first artillery units, the finest equipment for our soldiers, which has in turn strengthed the army more than ever before. We have managed to secure ourselfves in South America - no local nation can challenge us when it comes to the military strength. Except Brazil, but we have also managed to secure friendly and good relations with the brazillians, and even better we have been allies in a war and we have no grudge. Effectivly I can declare Chile a strong and secure nation as a result of my administration and policies. Yet my opponents say, that my economic policies have been a failure - that the economy has not prospered during my administration. That is only partially true, it is true, the economic growth has not been as i had hoped, but what is not true, is that this is a result of my policies and my administration as my adverseries claim. War senores, is the enemy of growth, and this is why I have not managed to deliver the rate of growth which I had hoped. Now that the war is over, and we face another election, growth will finally prosper, and I have created a plan to increase it;

Industrialization Encouragement Act

- Encourage Capitalists in Santiago
- Lower the tax for the rich strate (capitalists) by at least 15%

I wish to encourage capitalists to move their operations to santiago, and to further encourage their investments, I wish to lower the taxrate for them by at least 15%. This will give the capitalists more resources to invest in, and in turn will speed indutrilization in Chile, creating jobs and economic growth. Furthermore my ambition for my next term, if elected, would be to construct railroads -all- over Chile. The government will invest in railroads improving our infastructure, and in turn creating more opportunity for those who live in rural areas, and this will also encourage the more rural areas to become populated, as they can now be transported to their work places. My overall policies shall remain the same for my next term, if elected;

Interventionalism
Moralism
Pro-Military
Residency

-President Romano