• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((A welfare state were the people have little to no say in government... wonderful... guess who's pulling a Vandrove, so to speak, and leaving the country...))

((Oh. Reform wise. Better social reforms, as much as possible. Hm, a ban on political parties, and ministers will be appointed. Missing anything?))

I meant political reforms. The standard enforced reactionary demands are No Voting, Upper House Ruling Party Only, No Public Meetings, State Press, No Trade Union, and Parties Banned (Underground Only).

((Good things there are no current ships in any Chilean ports due to our poor economy, Brazil is our good friend, and our other neighbors will execute any Chilean politicians that enter their territory. Good luck escaping!))

((Good things there are no current ships in any Chilean ports due to our poor economy, Brazil is our good friend, and our other neighbors will execute any Chilean politicians that enter their territory. Good luck escaping!))

I'm still deciding on break alliances... Reactionary rebellions normally break alliances on success. And there is one ship in the Chilean ports...

((Remember, though, senor, I am wealthy, and have my own supporters, both in the military and amongst the population. I am certain that, if push comes to shove, I'll make it to America, or wherever I choose to go

Post volley!!!))

((Remember, though, senor, I am wealthy, and have my own supporters, both in the military and amongst the population. I am certain that, if push comes to shove, I'll make it to America, or wherever I choose to go

Post volley!!!))

That's an IC statement, not an OOC statement. Sorry to nitpick.

Also, remember that I'm still going to have some kind of voting system.

((I knew there was something suspicious with those assignments of ministers and generals))

((...and our other neighbors will execute any Chilean politicians that enter their territory. Good luck escaping!))
((Eh, I think there's a lot of precedent for nations welcoming fleeing politicians who oppose the government of their enemies. Of course, sometimes that's allowed the enemy nation an excuse to invade as well...))

(( I hope the other ministers post on this night. This delaying of the inevitable is so irritating when the suspense for just what the update is going to look like is killing me. ))

Red Cesar, clear your inbox again.

People of Chile, we now know where our 'president,' or 'emperor,' as he now wishes to be known as, stands...

Decades ago, he stood against the coup, lead by Zepeda, another generalissimo, and ruthless tyrant; now, he wishes to impose a dictatorship of his own, backed by the army and corrupt bureaucrats and ministers who view freedom with lesser importance compared to their own power. I call out all Chileans who value freedom, the basic rights we fought against Spain for, to stand up against this tyranny! This horrendous blight that seems to be sweeping over our beautiful Republic.

I ask President Romano to denounce this travesty, this mockery of freedom, this abolition of democracy! You, as well, stood against the coup: will you remain steadfast in your support for liberty now?

I beg those who have not yet voiced their stance on this illegitimate usurpation of power to stand in the defence of la Revolucion! In the defence of Chile!

Viva la Republica! Viva Libertad! Viva Chile!

I urge all my fellow Tradicionales, and indeed all Chileans, to remain in their homes and to ignore the last gasps of the ancien regime as it sputters out and gives birth to a new imperial age. Let the corruption of kings and congresses fall aside and make way for an ever-glorious empire!

Rather, people of Chile, cede your liberties to His Majesty! he knows better than you, he does! Believe me! Truly we are blessed by God to have such a benevolent, wise leader, one who sees the fallacy of freedom, the lostness of liberty, and the repugnancy of republic!

People of Chile! Do not listen to these lies! So much power vested in one individual will result in the enslavement of all Chileans! Poverty, war, death, disease, fear... and worst of all, tyranny, will run rampant, as the ideals of liberty, democracy, diplomacy and the individualism are swept away with imperialistic furor!

Stand for Chile! Stand of the Republic!

Our opposition are relics of a bygone era, an era of dwarfs straddling the shoulders of giants; they are men who believe neither in the good of the many outweighing the good of the few nor believe in the incredible reach greatness can inspire in individual men of exceptional fortitude and character. Believing neither in the moral good or in the capacity of man for greatness they seek only to enslave mankind to their wretched materialism. They are modernity without progress, democracy without morality, oligarchy without excellence; mankind without a future. We are progress and tradition reconciled, moral governance by right of honor and merit.

This is why Chile will rise, and the old world of Santiago and others will vanish.

((De Vasces stands in Maipú city center before a large crowd))

I have the misfortune of telling you that the city will be under siege shortly. Some idiot in Santiago has declared himself "Emperor" and has done away with much of our democratic system. I will fight this "Emperor" to my last breath and I expect nothing more from you. I intend to turn Maipú into a fortress of democracy, and invite all those who do not support a worthless monarchy to join me. The city militia is being mobilized, and I intend to make Roseno pay for every inch of our city with blood!

((Crowd roars))

-Possibly the last note of Armando de Vasces

For such traditionalists, I find it odd that they deride us for being backwards...

What they fail to see is that they are the few; how is sending Chile back to the days of the vice-royalty helping the many? I see how it benefits the few, and how the past events have benefited the few; our glorious "emperor" has rewarded his cronies, and they will rule of the people of Chile without reproach, with no regard to those weaker peoples.

How forcing a tyranny on the people is saving them from materialism is somewhat beyond me: unless they believe that men are flawless, and that an emperor, absolute in power, can rule justly without limit. I hold no such pretensions; I wish to help all men, and I've done what I could, where I could. But as much as I wish to see poverty eradicated, famines ended, and war outdated, I do not wish to surrender the freedoms of others in the process. For if a man is unfree, can he really enjoy those great wealths? Can a man, blinded by power, rule justly? Can a group of bureaucrats, generals, and ministers, ruling without reproach resist the power of kleptocracy? I do not believe so...

I believe in morality: I do not believe in forcing my values on another person, something these men seem to have no qualms in the name of the 'greater good,' the goodness of which they've arbitrarily decided.

These men may say a new order will rise, but I warn you, people of Chile, it will not be so different from the order that preceded the Republic... All tyrannies are the same in the end...

Last edited:
Follow the example of Senor de Vasces, a man of great honour, and decency I cannot begin to comment upon! Fight for liberty! Fight for your freedom!

Do not fear the rifles, the muskets, or the cannon of these little Napoleons! They die as all tyrants and oppressors do!

Let this be a clarion call for all Chile! FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS!!!

Viva la Republica! Viva Libertad! Viva Chile!