Sending huge amounts of trash can, skull and "need more educated workers" icons [PS4]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gotcha. Solved ongoing issue with bulldozer. Following orders on not falling in it again.
in a city of 63k i use 2 cems next to each other, the rest is krems,
1 of those cems or both of those is on empty 24/7.
if they are both full then i need more krems. i normally build 2 at a time

that said i did make things easier earlier in my build,
honestly, vanilla, lose the grid

Last edited:
Here are deathcare and garbage.

It is best to get rid of all landfills. They become full then they stop collecting. Plus, when you empty them, they are emptied to other landfills and quickly fill them up as well.

When you add incinerators, the emptying of landfills will overload incinerators quickly, as incinerators will burn trash slowly. So, incinerators will quickly over fill and stop collecting trash, then it makes landfills stop emptying, until the incinerator has enough time to burn enough trash, so it can take more trash again.

So you need a lot more incinerators to empty landfills. I temporarily add an extra two incinerators just for emptying each landfill. Plus an extra incinerator for normal trash collecting where needed. When each landfill empties, then I bulldoze it, plus the two extra incinerators that were emptying the landfills.

This is the same for cemeteries and their crematoriums.

I would upgrade all of your one-way roads to two-way roads. This will be sure there is no road issues. Myself, I never use one-way roads. I always end up getting one the wrong way and collapse parts of my city, so I just don't do it anymore.

Last edited:
Yeah. Only solution is to forget PS4 version and play with computer and install Traffic Manager. It just reveals instantly what is wrong with Vanilla and roads in general.
I don't think this is very good advice, and this is coming from someone who is an avid fan of the Traffic Manager mod.

The mod is NOT a substitute for good road design. If the road network is designed poorly, no amount of modding is going to fix it. Traffic Manager is not really meant to fix anything, it's meant to take something that's good and make it better. You have to start with something that is at least decent to have something to build on. For example, if you have your town built on on either side of a highway and not enough direct connections between those two sections (a common newbie mistake), this mod is not going to fix that. The only thing that will fix it ... more direct connections between the sides of the city.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah. Only solution is to forget PS4 version and play with computer and install Traffic Manager. It just reveals instantly what is wrong with Vanilla and roads in general.
dude, im on xbox so that is same version as you, yes i would like traffic manager or a light version of, id like the option to ban certain vehicals from certain roads and i want a part-clo and a diverging diamond interchange. Just for variation sake. (no u-turn, no turn right needed)
Im at 63k and its simply a ghost town on the roads. 3 patches of "traffic" in the entire city.
8 freight yards, yes eight, thats a ring between indy zones, +1 separate ring specially for oil, 1 ship hub, 1 airport hub and 2 dedicated to feeding my big wad of blue
4 rails stations with a 2 way ring, 1300 on these 2 routes, and + 500 tourists
3.5k on trams, i know you dont have them but buses in roughly same areas would probably carry similar. 19 routes, taking pop from green to my trains and then from my trains to my stuff

I also built my own stack interchange, pretty easy once you do one. All my guys walk to the tram stop through a park of some sort. My Land value can only be decribed as silly, even in some of my indy zones have silly LV. I make 400k a month, give or take. I could even throw another 20k in mix as the city is now and the network would just soak it up. Subway, metro are my ace in the whole, they get me to 120k
I made things easier, earlier. By losing the through grid routes, i funnel all my traffic to my HW, my 4 lanes (trunks) and my frieght yards so that means i dont have any traffic, even when it snows

Iv also probably spent half a billion on land scapeing, trying to make game harder for myself.
Now Im a very experienced city builder but still my first 2 cities disintergrated, my first around 30-40k and my second was about 85k. The second was savable but wasnt pretty enough to be worth saving. The 3rd currently has a the mother of all death waves (dlc was installed resently), and my 4th "Frozen Falls" i Stream live. It takes a while to learn the qwerks of game and even with just raw vanilla tools you can make it work proper, that said id really recommend playing on pc if available, id also advise most of the DLCs. Same reason - more toys. Good luck with your builds