• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fifnaril

First Lieutenant
4 Badges
Jan 21, 2020
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
  • Empire of Sin
Wardens,

We hope that you are enjoying the new DLC Second Chances and "The Pen" free update!

To keep track of all bugs and issues you are reporting, we have created this thread.

Remember to include if you are using mods (and if you do, try to disable them - as sometimes they cause issues) and how to reproduce the bug you are experiencing. Being able to recreate a bug is the first step in understanding what is wrong and how it could be fixed! :)

In the coming days, we will have some updates fixing the known Issues and also some other fixes and improvements.

Known Issues:
  • Prisoners drop ingredients when their shift at the Restaurant ends.
  • Active programs might end when saving and loading the game.
  • It's currently possible to change prisoners with different security levels to wear the same colour using map settings in Extras.
  • NPCs walk under the Grass Road Bridge.
  • Prisoners' heads are separated from their bodies when they sit facing North.
  • Bureaucracy isn't researched in the order it's queued.
  • Single log crowding storage.
  • Overlaps and Overflows for some languages.
  • Technical text is displayed in the prisoner biography after passed of any new program.
  • Some reoffending prisoners Bio, shows a different prisoner.
  • Reform Program Research requires 10 prisoners to pass Reformed Prisoner Consultation instead of 1.
  • Issues with security levels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
some vegetables are not put in the refrigerator

Attachments

• 20210619130833_1.jpg
    20210619130833_1.jpg
    561,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210619131154_1.jpg
    20210619131154_1.jpg
    439,8 KB · Views: 0
I've found the program just crashes - there are probably certain jobs that are happening that is causing it but it doesn't run for long before saying that it's stopped working.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I've got guards mopping a whole lot.....and prisoners are walking around with mops outside of work hours it's very weird.

I also have the slowdowns that have been reported. Every 10s it just freezes. At first I thought it was autosave but it's not. I also can't speed the game up at all, not even overnight.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
After the hotfix, the game freezes so often that it's become unplayable. Every few seconds it freezes for a few seconds. Sometimes it runs fine for a while, then starts freezing again.

• 3Like
Reactions:
As others have mentioned the game freeze for a short while, runs for a short while, then freezes and repeat.

I also have prisoners on lockdown and solitary just walking out of the cells casually continuing whit their day.

Lastly, thx for the quick hotfix on security levels :D

• 3Like
Reactions:
Visual bug - in multiplayer at least, people without Psych Ward DLC are still listed as having it in the objects menu. When one clicks it, nothing shows up, even with the minus clicked.

Image 1: Me asking someone in multiplayer if they have Psych Ward DLC, with them responding no. However, the menu shows this with no objects inside.
penbug1.png

Image 2: Clearer image of the minus being shown, informing the developer that it isn't an error on my end.
penbug2.png

Image 3: Me, with the DLC, in my own prison, showing what it should be like if they have the DLC.
penbug3.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello,
There is an issue with the base game in which the prisoners Work during normal FreeTime instead of tending to their needs.

I am playing on the base game (no DLCs) and since the last update, my prisoners are neglecting their needs and working during normal FreeTime. All of my 70 prisoners will work at their jobs during normal FreeTime instead of visiting family, showering, relaxing, exercising, etc.... This is resulting in many prisoners with serious complaints, causing the prison's Danger Level to rise.

This issue is NOT related to the save file and CAN be recreated by creating a New Prison. I was able to recreate the issue by creating a new prison, building some offices, reception, canteen, kitchen, shower, cells, cleaning cupboard, laundry, shop, and setting the Regime to standard FreeTime. The same behavior was experienced in this new prison where prisoners would work during normal FreeTime even when other needs became present.

Dynamic and Extra Reputations is turned off, so none of the prisoners should have the Workaholic trait.

Again, I am playing on the base game with NO DLCs.

Please let me know if more detail is needed.

• 3Like
Reactions: