Second Chances and "The Pen" Update - Reported issues

• Victoria 3 - Sign up now!

The journey begins, sign up now and get a special in-game item when the game is released.

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning
  • Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

Fifnaril

First Lieutenant
Community Ambassador
4 Badges
Jan 21, 2020
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
  • Empire of Sin
Wardens,

We hope that you are enjoying the new DLC Second Chances and "The Pen" free update!

To keep track of all bugs and issues you are reporting, we have created this thread.

Remember to include if you are using mods (and if you do, try to disable them - as sometimes they cause issues) and how to reproduce the bug you are experiencing. Being able to recreate a bug is the first step in understanding what is wrong and how it could be fixed! :)

In the coming days, we will have some updates fixing the known Issues and also some other fixes and improvements.

Known Issues:
  • Prisoners drop ingredients when their shift at the Restaurant ends.
  • Active programs might end when saving and loading the game.
  • It's currently possible to change prisoners with different security levels to wear the same colour using map settings in Extras.
  • NPCs walk under the Grass Road Bridge.
  • Prisoners' heads are separated from their bodies when they sit facing North.
  • Bureaucracy isn't researched in the order it's queued.
  • Single log crowding storage.
  • Overlaps and Overflows for some languages.
  • Technical text is displayed in the prisoner biography after passed of any new program.
  • Some reoffending prisoners Bio, shows a different prisoner.
  • Reform Program Research requires 10 prisoners to pass Reformed Prisoner Consultation instead of 1.
  • Issues with security levels.

Last edited:

NorthWestTrees

Private
13 Badges
Jul 29, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Island Bound
Wardens,

We hope that you are enjoying the new DLC Second Chances and "The Pen" free update!

To keep track of all bugs and issues you are reporting, we have created this thread.

Remember to include if you are using mods (and if you do, try to disable them - as sometimes they cause issues) and how to reproduce the bug you are experiencing. Being able to recreate a bug is the first step in understanding what is wrong and how it could be fixed! :)

In the coming days, we will have some updates fixing the known Issues and also some other fixes and improvements.

Known Issues:
  • It's currently possible to change prisoners with different security levels to wear the same colour using map settings in Extras.
  • Technical text is displayed in the prisoner biography after passed of any new program.
  • Reform Program Research requires 10 prisoners to pass Reformed Prisoner Consultation instead of 1.
Escape Mode REP Point system is broken.
I reported this same bug a few updates ago but it seems to be a reoccurring bug.

In the short, term what happens is REP points are not given for breaking things or killing other people.
Also, staff show no signs of them wanting to come for you, also like the last time you don't have any indication that you ever wanted.

This was on an island map, not sure if this makes any difference. Also some times prisoners just spawn in cells when starting a new game if it's not close to the intake time.

The photo below is from after killing two staff members no signs of a star were given I even punched a guard and he ran away, only for another one to randomly walk up and throw handcuffs on me. They did not even bother to use the taser. I mean these are the most chill guards I have ever seen. . . in escape mode.

Can The devs really work on adding more features to Escape mode and work on fixing the bugs with them.
Because it's being neglected with all the DLC and new features it would be nice for some of those DLC to also have support for Escape mode. I mean I would not mind waiting a bit longer to get DLCs if it had some extra features for Warden and Escape mode.

Anyhow

My PC Hardware is below.
- GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060
- CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4201MHz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors.
- RAM: 64.0 GB
- HDD: 4.0 TB

UPDATE:
I attached the save below too. I just noticed the message above mine for the saves and I think it will be of more use it's an escape mode save.

Attachments

• 20210708193842_1.jpg
    20210708193842_1.jpg
    461,1 KB · Views: 0
  • REP_And_Guard_Bug.zip
    4,4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

bobby8k

Private
3 Badges
Jun 30, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Prison Architect
Escape Mode REP Point system is broken.
I reported this same bug a few updates ago but it seems to be a reoccurring bug.

In the short, term what happens is REP points are not given for breaking things or killing other people.
Also, staff show no signs of them wanting to come for you, also like the last time you don't have any indication that you ever wanted.

This was on an island map, not sure if this makes any difference. Also some times prisoners just spawn in cells when starting a new game if it's not close to the intake time.

The photo below is from after killing two staff members no signs of a star were given I even punched a guard and he ran away, only for another one to randomly walk up and throw handcuffs on me. They did not even bother to use the taser. I mean these are the most chill guards I have ever seen. . . in escape mode.

Can The devs really work on adding more features to Escape mode and work on fixing the bugs with them.
Because it's being neglected with all the DLC and new features it would be nice for some of those DLC to also have support for Escape mode. I mean I would not mind waiting a bit longer to get DLCs if it had some extra features for Warden and Escape mode.

Anyhow

My PC Hardware is below.
- GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060
- CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4201MHz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors.
- RAM: 64.0 GB
- HDD: 4.0 TB

UPDATE:
I attached the save below too. I just noticed the message above mine for the saves and I think it will be of more use it's an escape mode save.
Rep points have a common issue with the cleared for transfer features (not sure why). Try making a new version of your prison with transfers disabled (go to map settings and untick the box) and see if it works :)

NorthWestTrees

Private
13 Badges
Jul 29, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Island Bound
Wardens,

Known Issues:
Prisoners that are sent to solitary leave solitary on their own accord to go to programs and the yard in their handcuffs still.

Also I completed the campain and was shocked to see how many game testers there are but we still seem to get a fair share a bugs . . .

It seems like releases need to be less about the wallet and more about stability, you should always put quality over performance.

There is no point in developing a game that only works sometimes, ask any gamer if they rather have longer wait times for more stability for the release.

Its not always about getting new content out on time, its also about making the game playable and part of that has to due with testing.

So please for the love of god crack down on your game testers because there seems to be a huge gap in communication for reporting bugs before release.

And its really making the game not enjoyable.

I have supported the development by getting DLCs but if I can't play the game like its intended to be played I will invest in DLCs else ware.

Anyhow I have attached a screenshot to show the prisoner going to the yard, its not hard to find this bug and you most likely are already aware of it but have not updated the post . . .

Just please fix more bugs before release I don't care if it takes a year to come out as long as its stable when it does.

Attachments

• 20210718232618_1.jpg
    20210718232618_1.jpg
    1,9 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:

Jack_McKalling

Private
1 Badges
Jun 10, 2021
  • Prison Architect
Please stop making assumptions about game development, you seem to have no idea. This is very insulting and you should take that frustration somewhere else.

DanielT99

Recruit
Jul 19, 2021
Hello there, does anyone know why I can't do new prison in architect mode? I can't Access the world of Wardens either and can only play downloaded prisons. I keep getting an error without error that my software closed. Is there an issue with servers? Wi-fi is 4 bars, tried to play online, offline, redownload software, nothing works. Nintendo Switch edition. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, unlink and re-link Double11 ID, even restarted switch, have all DLC.

Is it DLC issue? I've had game for a while now. I can't do prison architect online or offline. Internet is fine as I can play Hitman 3. Please help/fix, I'm considering erasing save data, will that fix?

PhantomEagle02

Recruit
4 Badges
Jul 17, 2021
  • Prison Architect
[PS4]

Not sure if this has been reported specifically in relation to console, but prisoners in lockdown/solitary will leave solitary or their cells and walk around the prison while cuffed. It also seems that when the hour changes, this changes their direction of movement, so sometimes they do start walking back to their cell or solitary, but then they will leave and continue to walk around the prison randomly.

Apologies if this issue is already known about after the most recent bug fix that was pushed out on consoles
This is happening on PC as well. For me, it seems they are let out during free time or work.

ruruslannovosad

Sergeant
May 22, 2020
Смотрители,

Мы надеемся, что вам понравились новые DLC Second Chances и бесплатное обновление "The Pen"!

Чтобы отслеживать все ошибки и проблемы, о которых вы сообщаете, мы создали эту ветку.

Не забудьте указать, используете ли вы моды (и если вы это сделаете, попробуйте отключить их - поскольку иногда они вызывают проблемы), и как воспроизвести ошибку, с которой вы столкнулись. Возможность воссоздать ошибку - это первый шаг к пониманию того, что не так и как это можно исправить!:)

В ближайшие дни у нас будут некоторые обновления, исправляющие известные проблемы, а также некоторые другие исправления и улучшения.

Известные проблемы:
  • Заключенные сбрасывают ингредиенты, когда их смена в ресторане заканчивается.
  • Активные программы могут завершиться при сохранении и загрузке игры.
  • В настоящее время можно менять заключенных с разными уровнями безопасности на одежду одного цвета с помощью настроек карты в Дополнениях.
  • NPC проходят под мостом Grass Road Bridge.
  • Головы заключенных отделены от тела, когда они сидят лицом на север.
  • Бюрократия не исследуется в порядке очереди.
  • Единое хранилище переполненных журналов.
  • Перекрытия и переполнения для некоторых языков.
  • Технический текст отображается в биографии заключенного после прохождения любой новой программы.
  • Некоторые повторные преступники заключенные Био, показывает другого заключенного.
  • Согласно исследованию Программы реформ, консультацию с реформированными заключенными должны пройти не один, а 10 заключенных.
  • Проблемы с уровнями безопасности.

xSpixe

Recruit
3 Badges
Jul 22, 2021
  • Prison Architect
Wardens,

Known Issues:
Since the update, prisoners just walk out of their solitary cells during free time and do their thing. They still have their handcuffs on, too.

My friends have that problem too. We play without mods.