• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fifnaril

First Lieutenant
4 Badges
Jan 21, 2020
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
  • Empire of Sin
Wardens,

We hope that you are enjoying the new DLC Second Chances and "The Pen" free update!

To keep track of all bugs and issues you are reporting, we have created this thread.

Remember to include if you are using mods (and if you do, try to disable them - as sometimes they cause issues) and how to reproduce the bug you are experiencing. Being able to recreate a bug is the first step in understanding what is wrong and how it could be fixed! :)

In the coming days, we will have some updates fixing the known Issues and also some other fixes and improvements.

Known Issues:
  • Prisoners drop ingredients when their shift at the Restaurant ends.
  • Active programs might end when saving and loading the game.
  • It's currently possible to change prisoners with different security levels to wear the same colour using map settings in Extras.
  • NPCs walk under the Grass Road Bridge.
  • Prisoners' heads are separated from their bodies when they sit facing North.
  • Bureaucracy isn't researched in the order it's queued.
  • Single log crowding storage.
  • Overlaps and Overflows for some languages.
  • Technical text is displayed in the prisoner biography after passed of any new program.
  • Some reoffending prisoners Bio, shows a different prisoner.
  • Reform Program Research requires 10 prisoners to pass Reformed Prisoner Consultation instead of 1.
  • Issues with security levels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't change prisoner security level myself, it doesn't change uniform colour when inside the prisoner's file and just resets when I close it.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2021-06-16 172601.png
    Снимок экрана 2021-06-16 172601.png
    513,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Game is also significantly slower with larger prisons than it was before the update. I am using mods but last night the game was running fine with no stuttering - today is not the same case.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1623859147765.png

Can you make the choosing of outfits go in this order? It's not like this on the main screen, for clarity the order is:

Menu (protected in wrong place):
min, med, max, protected, supermax, deathrow, insane

In Policy (how I expected it)
min, med, max, supermax, deathrow, protected, insane

I LOVE the new colors but it takes SO LONG to choose in this way.......can you maybe have a tab (like misconduct policy window) for each one that lists all the colors so we can click the security we want to change and then it will list all the colors so we can click click and done? Clicking through a long list that's not instant is very time consuming. You kind of have things this way in the policy tab also so it won't be unexpected game behaviour.....or just list and let us highlight the color we like, which is how the transfer/staff interface works.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey quick build is not working as it should, it keeps saying everything is blocked even when it does eventually place, It usually overwrites everything under it but now it's not. I don't know what item is causing this, nor do I know why they're also removing walls where windows go. Also the windows are not letting light through and I'm pretty sure they did that before. I'm using Classy Windows if that matters.

Also mad in love with road bridges I can't wait to see how they work :D.

EDIT: I think it's the sinkmirrors, they're forcing it to list as "blocked" everywhere.

1623869168373.png

Bug - If you set intake to 0:00 or 1:00 am (only tested those ones), the intake counter goes down in minuses from 0:00 to 0:-1, 0:-2 etc, instead of the prisoner being admitted into the prison.

Prisoners seem to be regarding freetime as work time, as all of them report to work during free time. I first noticed it with "The Snitch Sorter (Ignore Death Row Ver)"
mod enabled, but the bug seems to also appear when the mod is disabled.

EDIT: Attached the save file in case it helps :)

Screenshot 2021-06-16 151118.png

Attachments

• Summit Prison - Copy.zip
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Prisoners working shops do not gain retail experience, prisoners waiting to go to solitary (because the guards won't bring them) go about their daily routines while in hand-cuffs. At night they return to a solitary cell, and then their time in solitary begins.

Is there an ETA for the fixes? Not been able to change the security level of prisoners effectively breaks the game for me, you lose all control over seperating people. The reform bug I had reported with the Going Green update took like 3 months to get fixed (and I did an actual bug report with images and everything)? I do hope changing the security of prisoners doesn't take that long...

Sucks too, I was really excited to get back into Prison Architect with this new DLC but like the last one, the bugs just cripple the game. I hope we see better QA in the future or maybe beta testing to stomp these issues before release, it is getting to be a joke sorry.

Good morning everyone!
Thank you so much for all the feedback! We are working hard to gather as much information as possible and fixing everything as soon as possible!

• 1Love
Reactions:
I haven't properly tested to confirm what point this happens at but when I place a clone with windows the walls where the windows are get removed and rebuilt. I've been using large classy windows. Yesterday I was sure I deleted the placement before anyone got to it but there were holes in the walls....this makes me think perhaps it's happening when the clone is placed/removed and not by workers, however it could just be the workers because I have seen them do it too. Either way that's unintentional behaviour when it's the same walls as the clone has. Also stuff not placing because it requires a wall (like the sinkmirror) in clone is "blocking" placement even when the walls are included in the clone. I mentioned that earlier but not sure if you saw my edit confirming the problem.

The steam announcement states that there are a couple of new objects like the shop counter, chandelier and others. I see all of those in the object tab except the dining tables/chairs/booth. Did you accidentally include it under the free objects in the announcements or is it supposed to be in the objects tab but isn't?
I don't have the new DLC.

Also I encountered an issue that is technically an overlap/overflow but it happens in every language. The "no criminally insane inmates" message in the intake menu is now below the new intake options.
Prison_Architect64_sK5Olv6hcE.png

Since the new update it sometimes happens that at set moments (29, 39, 49 etc so every 10 ingame minutes) CPU usage for one thread will spike to 100% causing a temporary freeze.

I am running the game on Linux via Proton (as the native version seems borked anyway), and up until now I hadn't encountered this. I checked and have not installed any other updates (ie to wine or mesa drivers) around the same time. So this issue does seem to be caused by the new game update. For reference my prison has about 700 people (mix of staff and prisoners).

• 1Like
Reactions: