• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
soonerborn0524 said:
Your next conquest should be Flanders. Get the orange taint out of the home islands!

He obviously read your mind! Amazing talent indeed.

Excellent update, but your puzzle has me...well, puzzled.

Off to war again!

But first something completely different.

Auxerre is the first hint that the dissent on the continent is decreasing. The Irish are not a question anymore. I could safely remove all my garrisons from the Emerald Isle, but I want to keep the beaches covered. So only one garrison moves to Flanders/Germany/France.

BTW look at that lovely green TC!

Now down to business.

AustoHungary DoWs Yuogoslavia. I figure this is my chance to visit those beautiful cities of Vienna, Budapest and Prague.

I move my troops...

I have not attempted to set sail with my navy and keep all my ships safe up in Scarpa Flow.The AI enjoys the challenge of seeing how fast it can eliminate you vessels with Nav and port attack.

At this point any army corps with 3 divisions contains a HQ. In this campaign I will find AH will target my HQs and vast stacks of planes to knock them about (I will lose one HQ and spend the next several months bringing my other HQa back up to strength.)

You might also notice that we have similar IC and again troop numbers are comparable (other than my mania for garrisons) I have to leave large numbers of troops on garrison duty and guarding Iberian and Italian borders, but I have now 32 light armoured divisions and I expect to run over all opposition quickly.

I rebase my planes.
These are my secret weapon. (Little do I realise they are Ah's secret weapon as well!)
A hint for all you RISK mod wannabes. Never, ever, under ANY circumstances rebase you planes to an ungarrisoned airbase. With dissent so high you will lose them quicker than Mel can lift his kilt!

Poor quality picture but you get the idea

A typical battle.

What I didn't realise was that AH have 1935 troops (ignore the dates on my SKIF icons) I thought I was clever with my 1932 troops. Bugger!. Battles will last longer, and I now will make sure I use overwhelming force. In fact the campaign is going to bog down.

I guess there are all sorts of clever things I could say about the stats, but I don't really know that much about them. I thought I would pop them in just for you stat mad gamers.

Remember Scandinavia? Well they will DoW AH soon after me. I don't know why when they have their own problems with Russia, who at this time has made in-roads into their territory. Keep an eye out for the titanic battle between these two countries. I am influencing Scandanavia whenever I remember to do it. I am also giving them a free daily resource trade of a 100 of everything (barring money).

100 days into the campaign I thought would take 60, and I am making use of one of those nifty landbridges. I'm not sure I like this one. The Crimean penninsular is a GOOD defensive point. How about it Yukala? Maybe leave the penninsular alone?

As I wear AH down, it dawned on me that if I pushed rather than encircled, maybe AH would have enough troops to wipe out Yuogoslavia without me needing to DoW them. Clever hey!

Need I say, it didn't work.

Notice the Partisans in the top right corner. Every week at least 3 provinces rebel. What's the matter with these conquered people. Don't they realise they're beaten?

Last edited:

Opportunistic AI! Italy declares war for the first time (its west coast adriatic territories it got from demanding it for Yugoslavia)

Actually a sensible move, as it connects up east and west. If they succeed the Adriatic becomes an Italian sea.

AustroHungry is breathing its last gasp of free air. 200 days after hostilities began!!!!! 200 bloody inch-by-inch days!!!!!!!!!

See that AH general. Its all his fault, and the 10 armoured divisions under his command. If only I could recruit him into my army! I lost as many battles as I won because of him (maybe a little exaggeration ;))

My TC is ridiculous! My IC is starting to expand as I bring AH under my grip. My dissent is up because I have DoW'd Yuogoslavia.

The final battle of the campaign.

My troops spread out to quell rebellion.

You might notice that I beat Italy to the prize. In this troop movement I will be parking approx 40 armoured division next to Vienna.

The war is over!

CSK said:
Just run over Jugoslavia and do the work the Austrians did not manage to do.

And that Russia sure looks dangerous. You're sure you side with the right if you help Scandinavia and not Russia?

Done!

Russia IS dangerous. They and the USA are my greatest rivals.

I'm not sure I can make any alliances, but I figure, if a country has a choice of two enemies to DoW, it will go for the one with the worst diplomatic relations. I could just be whistling Dixie but its the only theory I'v got.

Russia is vast but its TC must be crippling. I do not look forward to taking it on. I am happy for it to play with Scandanavia while I prepare myself.

Iberia, as I think I have said is also looking rather lustfully at my French holdings. My next major campaign will hopefully be Italy.

Excellent work! A great update indeed.

I would take out Iberia before taking on Russia. You can imagine what might happen if you get into a major war with Russia and then the Iberians stab you in the back...

So, after Italy, I would take out Iberia for certain.

So now a State of Play report from around the world.

Apologies are required as I didn't do my January 1st World screenies. These are a little early November 1932 (but little changes in the next 40 days)

North America

Just USA and Mexico and a few hippies (light green)

South America

Argentina and two other countries. Hmm I wonder what they are???

Africa

Iberia (purplish) and Liberia (grey) a massive green country and a swampy coloured one.

Remember from the previous State of Play report Liberia was being eaten up by a pretty pink country? Liberia survived, the aggressor died!

India and other bits

Picture speaks for itself.

Russia

Again self explanatory.

Asia

Refer to notes above

Australasia

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And finally...

Guess Who

Who is this and where was he born? I will garrison him there!

AOK. 11 said:
Excellent work! A great update indeed.

I would take out Iberia before taking on Russia. You can imagine what might happen if you get into a major war with Russia and then the Iberians stab you in the back...

So, after Italy, I would take out Iberia for certain.

Thanks.

That's my thoughts as well. But as can be seen from the state of play report. All this will do will give me another large enemy (probably green) to my south.

Russia is formidable!

Wow fantastic campaign !!!

This aptly demonstrates the first two of my Risk Battle Mod objectives. Namely, first survive besting your first opponents going from small to large. Then second, battle another comparable AI of like size and power !! Having fun every step. Third is conquer another continent far flung.

To bad Italy stayed neutral, nice if it had joined in against you 6 months earlier. And Scandinavia DoW against Austria-Hungary is I believe a hold-over postering to ally with you, especially since you are so nice to her. However actual alliances are suppressed and difficult. If you raise diplo to +200 it would be interesting to know the 'chance' rating to ally.

Oh, the thing about leaving defensive corners like Crimean penninsular on the map, is that it hangs up AI's too often.

Again great AAR and good work !! :D :cool:

Oh that green country in Africa is my new one, called: Kingdom of Kongo which actually has some historical basis. :D

And in Asia I have never seen Empire of Siam so large reaching north far into China and yet also south into Indonesia.

Still a very nice world layout for more game-play. ;)

No doubts about needing to get rid of Italy before you turn East, but I would figure once you've done Italy it is time to take on Russia before Russia decides to take on you when all your troops are elsewhere. But I suppose at least at the moment you have land to trade for time if the worst comes to the worst.

Yukala said:
Wow fantastic campaign !!!

This aptly demonstrates the first two of my Risk Battle Mod objectives. Namely, first survive besting your first opponents going from small to large. Then second, battle another comparable AI of like size and power !! Having fun every step. Third is conquer another continent far flung.

To bad Italy stayed neutral, nice if it had joined in against you 6 months earlier. And Scandinavia DoW against Austria-Hungary is I believe a hold-over postering to ally with you, especially since you are so nice to her. However actual alliances are suppressed and difficult. If you raise diplo to +200 it would be interesting to know the 'chance' rating to ally.

Oh, the thing about leaving defensive corners like Crimean penninsular on the map, is that it hangs up AI's too often.

Again great AAR and good work !!

stnylan said:
No doubts about needing to get rid of Italy before you turn East, but I would figure once you've done Italy it is time to take on Russia before Russia decides to take on you when all your troops are elsewhere. But I suppose at least at the moment you have land to trade for time if the worst comes to the worst.

I have tried to preserve Italy's neutrality, and isolate it. It has made no moves (barring its demand territory land grab and failed attempt to connect it along the coast.) I'm sort of grateful. And I ought to be able to take it - no worries! But.... the Italian Peninsular is hilly I will have TC problems and they wont.

My next World State of Play report will give a bit of insight into the challenges facing me.

Because I enjoy the game too much, I forgot to take many screenies for the next year 1933.

Not much changes though. I work hard to bring my Partisan levels down and take out a few odds and ends.

In August 1933 I remembered to take some screenies for the AAR and they will provide the bulk of the information.

What the....?

I've been knocking on the US door for a year but nobody's been answering. Each time I demand territory, I've had about a 20-30% chance depending on if I have put money into influencing them.

Then Bingo! The jackpot!

Well there you go! Am I going to complain? No siree!

Notice also the battles with partisans. And on it goes!

Here are some stats for you who like such things. I especially wanted to point out the effort I am putting into Scandanavia. Admittedly its no real sacrifice. The resources just pour in.

If you make sure you are keeping dissent down, there ought to be no worries with resources.

You will notice I do have some dissent. This is because I have DoW'd Greece and later the skerricks of the Ottoman Empire. Both of these were not because I wanted to, but to keep Russia safely behind water crossings.

My border with Russia is limited and I intend to keep it that way for as long as possible.

Rocket sites! Before you think I invested heavily Yukala has lowered the IC and time required. I love Rocket Sites. Unlike Atomic tests sites, Rocket sites are all available the moment you research Rocketry. I had other priorities so didn't get to Rocket science until mid 1932. They will pay their way as I don't have any teams with Rocketry as a skill.

And now some medium to long term enemies

And last but definitely NOT the least

A last pic to show something of the revolt risk across the Empire.

I have taken shots from France, AustoHungry and Greece (I think). France has been conquered for 3 years, AH for 2 and Greece for 1 (sort of).

Getting your revoltrisk down takes forever!!!!!!!!

London, which is a pleasant green colour actually cannot be left unattended.

I wish there was some way I could speed up the process. But there isn't AFAIK, so slow and steady.

1933 will be remembered as the year not much happened. A breath, a respite between campaigns.

Stay tuned for January 1st 1934 when I actually will start playing the game again, after this exhausting round of updates

Good updates, I expect to see your "Freeeeeeddddddooooommmm!"-troops swarming into Russia soon :D

Looks like the USA and Russia might be a threat.