• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mr. Zackonov (how'd you pick the name?)

It is my belief that war with Japan or Germany, should it ever come, would not take place until a number of years down the line. For the immediate future the goal of the Government is regaining control over the country and responding to international crises as they come. Eventually though, it would be ideal for the Government to seize the initiative and to begin to dictate our terms to foreign countries. Given Japan's extremely aggressive attitude and Germany's continued meddling in Eastern European affairs we cannot rule our a confrontation with either, and as a result must prepare for it.

I thank you for your service,

Viktor Chernov

Biography, Aleksandr Kubarev
1896-??

A man of Mystery. An Enigma. His role in the Civil War is unknown and none know exactly where he came from, or how he became such a close aide to Viktor Chernov. All that is known, is that he is Chief of the Presidential Advisory Staff. Some say this focus group is more powerful than the cabinet itself.

Brilliant! Thank you FD! I hope everyone else takes note of this analysis when making suggestions on foreign policy tomorrow after the update.

And thank you Vincent for the comment. I want to encourage everyone to write as much as possible. Feel free to create your character's backgrounds, biases, whatever. The more content there is here the better.

No prob. I won't be creating a character though, don't feel like RPing but I will have natural biases of course. Consider me a strict militaristic centrum-autocrat domestic minister. Very nationalistic :p.

Also, I have policy revisions

-------------

Telegram from the Ministry of Domestic Affairs to the President
TOP SECRET

After consulting with comrade Laurence of the TRP (Totallyeki Randomineski Partijetski) I have agreed to revise my proposol for the industrial policy of the nation of Russia:

After the modernisation of our military and dissent control I believe we must drop any amibitions we have at Industrial expanse by construction means: With our meagre 78 base, there is little revenue to be had, and we will be able to net more profit from focussing everything into building our Armed Forces, with special emphasis on infantry and heavy tank divisions.

With stronger and more modern armed forces, our first targets should be the weak and isolated nations of Central-Asia and the Mongolian beligerents. They have done little to increase the stability in the region and will fare better under the white-blue-red

All hail the Motherland!

Signed,
Vincent

To Alexander Kubarev,

At the request of Vincent the President asks his Administration to once again consider the issue of industrial resource allocation. Following the initial infusion of resources into industry that is due by the end of the year the Government will face a choice between continued support for industry or the beginning of a military buildup. After the initial infusion of resources we expect to have just under 100 base IC in the country by the end of 1936, and so dedicating half of the industry towards further industrial buildup could increase that by approximately 10 IC per year. Whether this benefit outweighs the cost of forgoing a larger military buildup for the time being is up to the Administration.

President Chernov

Mr. President.

Any further construction will delay the construction of our armoured divisions. One cannot have both. However, with more industry, we can construct more divisions in a shorter time as well as reaping the advantage gained by technological advance in the time taken to build the factory complexes. Alternatively, we construct divisions and capture industrial capacity from opposing nations. However, the longer each war is, the less benefit we gain by spending time fighting for industry and more we could have gained from building it, whilst also raising our international profile in a perhaps, unwished for manner. Therefore, I recommend the production of Industry for 4 years. This increase, as well as technological development in machine tools should net roughly 40 to 55 units of capacity - allowing tank divisions and motorised infantry to be built in parallel with minimal reassignment of existing production (including if the president wishes, continued development of industry.)

Kubarev

Your recommendations are received and noted. Thank you Mr. Kobarev.

Mr. Vincent,

Your concerns regarding our industrial program are noted. However, having reviewed the situation and taken your concerns into account the Administration has recommended to the President to being a 4 year program of industrial construction and the President intends to follow the advise of his Administration. Please take up all further issues with Mr. Kubarev.

President Chernov.

Your recommendations are received and noted. Thank you Mr. Kobarev.

Mr. Vincent,

Your concerns regarding our industrial program are noted. However, having reviewed the situation and taken your concerns into account the Administration has recommended to the President to being a 4 year program of industrial construction and the President intends to follow the advise of his Administration. Please take up all further issues with Mr. Kubarev.

President Chernov.

REVOLUTION!

nah j/k :p

The Ministry accepts the decision of the president. Glory to the motherland!

And again, a wonderful job!

New assignment for the Army Affairs Adviser:

We require a new defense strategy. Russia currently has 113 Infantry divisions, 2 Cavalry divisions, and 1 HQ division. In addition we have 15 artillery brigades and 2 engineer brigades as well as 2 squadrons of tactical bombers. We require a report that details the necessary distribution of the military on our borders so that it is able to counter potential threats.

The problem is our large border, with hostile states on most sides. Forces are needed all along the Border. As advisor to the Army I recommend that a priority should be given in guarding the borders with Ukraine and Mongolia. Ukraine is politically unstable, creating both potential opportunities and dangers. Mongolia is a very unpredictable state, a bomb waiting to blow up.

The Cavalry sould be placed at the Mongolian border, acting as 'poor-mans-tanks', in combination with sufficient infantry divisions. We recommend that the Bombers are posted near the Mongolian border too for the moment.

At last we would like to recommend several officers for frontline duty, even though they fought for the wrong side during the civil war. They have all been pardoned as a part of Kerensky's peacedeal with the Bolshevist remnant, but there status as Bolshevist mid-level officers has hurt their prospects at a career in the military. We guarantee that all of them are very capable and completely reformed. The generals in question are Zhukov, Koniev, Chuikov, Vlasov and Vasilevski. Please give these men frontline commissions.

NB. this advisor will go by the name of Kutuzov for now. A very fitting pseudonym for a military advisor I think.

Last edited:
What happened when the navy adviser went to inspect the navy;

The Awesome Adviser; So this is the base of the Russian Baltic Sea navy. Not that I know anything about navies, but shouldn't here be ships??
Admiral in charge; We have a ship.
The Awesome Adviser; That?? That's a canoe!! What was your name again??
Admiral Fakov; Fakov, sir. And it's indeed a canoe, the flagship of the Great Russian Baltic Sea Fleet.
The Awesome Adviser; Flagship?? Really?? It's the only ship isn't it??
Admiral Fakov; Yes.
The Awesome Adviser; So our fleet consist of a canoe.
Admiral Fakov; Yes.
The Awesome Adviser; And how many nations can we invade with a canoe??
Admiral Fakov; White Ruthenia!! They have no fleet.
The Awesome Adviser; They're landlocked.
Admiral Fakov; Oh...

And, that Mr. President conclude the report.

The navy would indeed have a canoe, but unfortunately I disbanded every single ship that Russia starts with. I figured we are better off starting from scratch a few years down the line since for now all they will do is eat up resources. On the plus side you get to design the new Russian navy however you want pretty much.

BTW guys, keep the chatter up, I like that all of you are involved now. This will be an excellent AAR.

The navy would indeed have a canoe, but unfortunately I disbanded every single ship that Russia starts with. I figured we are better off starting from scratch a few years down the line since for now all they will do is eat up resources. On the plus side you get to design the new Russian navy however you want pretty much.

BTW guys, keep the chatter up, I like that all of you are involved now. This will be an excellent AAR.

About the navy, I highly doubt the meaningfullness of any high-seas adventures during this game. Although I am probably the largest carrier fan on the board, building a huge navy costs a lot of IC and time, and is infinetely ineffective against, say, building a multitasking TAC airfleet which can also naval bomb. if we ever have IC to spare, it could be a good idea but that's about it

Usually I'd agree because the usual enemy is Germany. But here we have a powerful Japan to contend with an a pretty decent chance of a war with the UK. Definitely not now, but in 5-6 years I can see Russia having a medium sized fleet in order to be able to contend with these countries. Now, we decided on battleships, and that's fine by me since carriers take longer to research, although I've never myself played a game with a carrier-based navy.

I would like to apply for a commission at the special bureau for foreign relations and propaganda.

Russkyie.jpg

Of course, you are hired! You are now Public Affairs Adviser to the President. Great work on the map, although I'm afraid the actual cores will look a little different than that. Wait until tomorrow to find out what I mean!

I belong to the Tsarist wing of the Republic, so of course the cores I propose will be different XD

This one, however, I think we all can agree on:

ONE.png

OOC:Zackonov is a random name I use on SP2 online when I play Russia.
Mr President:
I would like to know the status of Political Parties and Organizations in the Motherland. I also beleve that we should set up a stronger security service to eradicate any "diturbances" from our Neighbors.

Mr. Zackonov, please refer to the article titled "Political Situation in Russia in 1936." You can find it using the index on the first page of this thread.

Also, just finished playing till July of 1937. Lots of ineresting things going on. Full update tomorrow!

Although comrade Milites belongs to the despised Tsarists (I'm a Republican/Dumaist), I wholeheartedly agree on his inclusion in the cabinet

All hail the motherland!

So will Russia claim all their lost lands again? Nay, because the Syndalists powers will reemerge as the true new powers!!!;):p

Joke aside, this looks really intresting!

Edit: Goddam it Milites! Your Art is just so damn beautifull!