• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great ride, merrick. Very creative and enjoyable. The Queen obviously finds herself superior to any around her. I like that she reverses things on the Primary Collective. Just right. :cool:

Congrats on completion and thanks for providing us with the tale of your great game. Hopefully we'll see another soon. :)

Congrats on finishing! It has been an entertaining read.
Still, I would like to see the continuing story on how the Queen takes over the primary collective and gives WTF moments to the federation.

Congratulations on achieving the mission. An excellent AAR all told, with a wonderful twist at the end.

Well done

Well done, now you have to do it the same... with inca

Impressive, most impressive... Whoops, wrong universe.

What an amazing AAR, a pity that it's over. The final twist was great, but shouldn't the Queen know that resistance is futile?.

Congratulations, merrick, for this amazing piece.

<mode Oscar> ... and now I'd just like to thank all my friends, my family, my staff, my co-stars, the production crew, the sponsors, my agent, her lawyer, his cat .. </Oscar>

Seriously, a big Thank-you! to everyone who has stuck with this to the end, and doubly to everyone who has commented, without whom it would all have ended rather ignominiously around page 2.

Mettermrck - Glad you liked it. I was toying with several ideas for the ending almost up to the last post, and only when the game broke the fourth wall on me with the stability bug did I know which one I was going to use.
Oh and the Queen fully believed that resistance was futile. Resistance to her, anyway.

Slinky - All good things come to an end - and if it takes too long the audience gets bored. ;)

ColossusCrusher - Don't sweat it. I'm not sure I understand it all myself, but it felt right.

PersonGuyFellow - Thank-you for commenting. Too late for assimilation, but thank-you anyway.

coz1 - Glad (again) that you liked it. If a writer of your talents thinks it's worth commenting, I must be doing something right.

C.N. - By the end the game had become something of a slog (whack revolt, build stuff, whack revolt, send colonist, whack revolt, send merchant, whack revolt...) but I thought I owed it to the audience to actually finish.
I don't have GalCivII, otherwise I might be tempted.

stnylan - Thank-you for all your comments. I thought the ending needed to be a little more than "Pop-up box: You Win".

Pro - Thank-you, and thanks for commenting.

Lord Strange - Inca? Technically possible, I suppose, but it would require exploiting the system in order to westernise, then an eternal crusade for the second half of the game. EU3 (unlike EU2) does actually let you stay at war indefinitely even at low stability without your empire simply exploding, but as far as I'm concerned its (a) another exploit and (b) no fun. I'll take a rest from squishing rebels, thanks.

aHuman(oid) - Chimu?? You overrate me, truly you do. I'm not that level of player (though I'd probably do better a second time, having seen some of the mistakes not to make). You'd need better micromangement skills than I have, more patience and a whole lot more time.

Slawter - I'm saying it too much, but thank-you again. Without readers, writing is pointless, and it's feedback like yours that keeps me writing.

And what next? Well, I'd like a chance to actually play NA a bit before I get on to writing about it. On the other hand, I've recently started playing HOI2 again, which has given me a couple of ideas. On the other had there's Rome coming out soon...

merrick said:
C.N. - By the end the game had become something of a slog (whack revolt, build stuff, whack revolt, send colonist, whack revolt, send merchant, whack revolt...) but I thought I owed it to the audience to actually finish.
I don't have GalCivII, otherwise I might be tempted.

I was more thinking about a followup story, without a game, set in the Star Trek universe.

Insanely good job, Merrick! Loved this AAR from the beginning when I wasn't really into AAR's yet). I sure hope you'll pick up another country and another good idea to please us (and most of all yourself of course) with a new tale full of conquest, twists and humor.

Brilliant job, Merrick.

I'm generally not one for AARs without lots of pretty pictures to look at, but I enjoyed this immensely, your writing is fantastic.

Well, I've read through the whole thing... finally... bloody long, dammit. Anyways, I've been quite entertained, the basic idea is brilliant and I really like the writing, with all its little bits of humor. I'm looking forward to your next AAR!

Also, "bump", if this forum works that way...