• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kurt_Steiner said:
Impressive work, indeed!

But beware the tricks of those Spanish dogs... ;)

Those unloyal infidels are so prone to do silly things... :D

I know, but one more war with Spain and they'll get to see what it's like to be a one-province country!

-Pat

Alright, I know I promised pictures for the last update, but I've gotten dragged into anothe BB war before getting around to it. So I'll bring things up to the war in this post, and really redraw the map when I summarize the war. It's basically all colonial stuff.

Manhattan became a city in Oct 1657. From Oct '58 to Oct '59 we established TPs at Dakar, Gambia, Adirondak, and Ovambo. An auto white peace ended the war between Venice and the rest of my alliance on New Year's 1660.

That Sep we converted Ryazan and founded a TP at Turkmenistan. A colony was founded at Ciskei in Nov '61. After a dry spell, we succeeded at a TP in Appalache in Apr 1663, and on the 21st of that month Hanse paid indemnities to Sweden, finally putting the alliance at peace.

Another dry spell, and we got lucky with a string of successes: TPs at Jaffna (Apr '65), Alleghany (Aug '65), Nakhodka (Jun '66) and Baja (Jan '67). Also in Jan '67 we upgraded Nakhodka to a colony. And then France got itself into a war, and Hanse (knew I should have let them quit the alliance! :mad: ) declared war on them on 22 Mar 1668, bringing along China and a grudging Granada. Later that day we invited P-L and Brandenburg back into the fold.

-Pat

When last we left our heroes ... (I've always wanted to start a comic book series with that line :wacko: )

Treacherous, worthless, ignoble Hanse had dragged us into a war against France some 5~10 years earlier than I would have liked. Then came a few weeks of rapid fire BB declarations against me: Venice (Neth, Eng, Han) on 18 May1668 in which Chi, P-L, and Bra supported us but TWI Hanse did not :mad: ; Bavaria (Aus) on 23 May (all 3 support us); Iroquois alone the next day; and Spain (Nip) on 7 Jun (all 3). Later in Jun we founded a TP at Sierre Madre. A completely conquered Iroquois offered an acceptable truce on 28 Jul.

Over the course of the next year our cav regiments scoured and scarred the countryside in the Americas, while naval detatchments with various regiments crisscrossed the Indian and Pacific Oceans and we finally set foot on English Australia. By the time these wars were over there was little but brown and grey on the ROTW map.

Turkey (Swe) declared war on 16 Oct (all three). Bavaria offered a truce on 27 Dec, and I had to think long and hard on this one. It's a brown country on my borders, and you know what happens to them :D , plus my Mission was (and is again) to conquer Styria, but I had a lot on my plate at the moment, and Aus/Bav/Fra were heavily invested in Tyrol which was soon to fall. So I ended up accepting the offer, restarting the siege.

In Jan 1669 we reestablished our TP at Sambalpur, torched by France. On 30 Apr France agreed to cede Malta, Sardinia and pay some cash. We started work on closing Amazonia by founding a TP at Marajo in Jun (completing it in Sep with another at Amapa). The Venitian war ended in Jul, first by demanding Kauai (with its CoT) and cash from England on the 9th, followed on the 11th by demanding Venice hand over cash and the Dutch TPs at Bali and Tindore.

On 7 Oct we ruined a completely conquered Spain, demanding their last 3 non-capital cities (Corrientes, Jujuy, and Euskadia) and cash. They still have one TP on Tierra del Fuego; I'll have to torch that next war just for spite. On New Year's Eve Russia (Den) declared war, and we didn't call for allies because I wanted them to march into our province of Ryazan in the depth of winter to face our large army and attrition. Fool that the AI is, they fell into our trap. When spring arrived, their scores of thousands of men had been ground down to a mere 5k, and we marched into Moscow and wiped that out, too!

But in the meanwhile, we converted Kauai in Jan 1640 (our tolerances are balanced for everyone except Protestant/Reformed, which is at -10). On 18 Jan we demanded Sivas, Trabzon and cash of Turkey, and in Apr and May we built TPs in Mahe and Socotra on the still smoldering ruins of theirs. And finally, after completely humiliating the Russians, we demanded cash and lots of it on 1 Jun.

EoC19.gif

EoC20.gif

-Pat

Well, it looks not well for Spain. Their only chance is if they can get a bunch of colonies before the next war and thereby have a warscore as such to prevent annexation.

I have to say, I rather fancy the colour of the Empire on the political map.

That sure is one good lucking Empire, and now you have to kill off the Spanish, and after that you must kill the Russians… That colour of theirs are to similar to yours, and as you said we all know what happens to countries with similar colour bordering your Empire ;)

J. Passepartout said:
Well, it looks not well for Spain. Their only chance is if they can get a bunch of colonies before the next war and thereby have a warscore as such to prevent annexation.

I can't annex them (or Iroquois) or they'd've been gone by now. They're majors.

-Pat

Just a quick update on the nearly decade of peace:

First off, Austria did the dirty work for me, and dipannexed Bavarian Brown for the second time this game.

Other than that, it's really just been colonizing. Trade posts have gone up in St Thomas, Recife, Cali, Mindoro, Guadeloupe, Costa Rica, Dominica, Karaganda (after some 4~5 tries), Semipalatinsk, Irtych, Ob, Kuala Lumpur, Angara, and Bandjarmasin. In Sep 1676 Nakhodka became a city (must ... build ... forward base ... against ... Nipon!).

And as if I wasn't already the richest kid on the block, on New Year's Eve 1678 I got the random even Agricultural Revolution, giving +1 tax per province. :p

-Pat

And now for something completely different: another 8 years of peace.

Let's see, trade posts at Tchuma, Malacca, Tchumkan, Oka, Sumbawa, Rufiji. Saian, Zima, DaLat, Baladok, Irkutsk, Murumbigee, Selenga. Upgrade Murumbigee to a colony (Need more forward bases! ;) ). Posts at Stanovoe, Djagdi, and Kalar. Reform our alliance as soon as it expired on 1 Feb 1686 (Po-Lith, Chi, Bra). And TPs at Kalakan and Buriat complete the TransSiberian Bike Path.

EoC21.gif

EoC22.gif

I've also built up my relations with Austria and its ally Hungary, awaiting that group's end in 1690. I really want to get Aus to join my alliance, so we can really beat up on Turkey, Venice, and France.

-Pat

J. Passepartout said:
:eek: HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!!! :D ;)

Eight years of peace must be nice after all those bad boy style wars. I see you have some more glorious colonies.

That's 8 years since the previous post :eek: . There had been a whole decade of peace before that, too! :wacko: :eek:

-Pat

Is this peace thing going to your head :eek:

He he it is cool to see that you are able to play in peace as well, and it seems to do wonders for the colonial empire, soon you will rule all the land in the world ;)

Well, we started with a few more years of peaceful colonization. TP Yarra in Sep 1687, Murumbidgee a city in Feb 1688, later that year TPs at Sarawak, Wagga, and Jambi. On 21 Nov Brandenberg declared against Saxony (Ned, Eng, Sco, Ven, Han) and the alliance was shredded. It was too early for my wars to start, or I'd never get Austria into the fold, so I dropped out too, and then reformed the alliance. In '89 and early '90 we completed as best we could our hold on Australia with TPs at Wollongong, Nandewar and Towoomba. Austria (but not Hungary) joined our alliance on 2 Mar 1690. By Nov we had added TPs at Monterrey, Nicaragua and Amgoun.

I probably would have declared war on Turkey come springtime, but we'll never know for sure, now, will we? They beat me to it, declaring (w/Nippon) against us (et al) on 9 Dec 1690. Within a few short weeks they had been joined by Russia (27 Dec), Iroquois (28 Dec), England et al (17 Jan) and Spain (25 Jan). Of these, I only called on my allies for England. Before this BB war was all done, I would completely conquer five countries, but two of those were Spain.

First to fall was Iroquois, who only have one province; we demanded gold on 2 May 1691. On 1 Jun we demanded the TPs at Maroni and Cuyuni as well as the colony of Copetonas along with cash of Spain. On 1 Sep Russia offered Arkhangelsk, Vladimir and Vologda; Venice offered an acceptable truce. On 6 Oct we demanded the cities of Micmac (with its CoT) and Taranaki plus cash from England.

On the 25th Sweden decided to join the frayed fray, and again I called on my allies. The following month we converted Arkhangelsk, and on 18 Nov annexed Nippon (that'll learn 'em tah have the same cullah as me!) And the last declaration of this cycle came on 6 Dec 1691 as France (Spain) decared against us (et al).

Micmac converted in Jan 1692. On 1 Feb, before we could lose a battle at Novgorod, we demanded cash of Sweden and they accepted (and only 1 star!) On 7 Apr we demanded all that remained of the once great Spanish empire: the TPs at Aisen, Falklands and Tierra del Fuego as well as cash. May saw a TP at Suriname and the conversion of Taranaki. On 5 Aug France offered the TP I most wanted from them, Muni (though I had planned on demanding cash, too). We founded TPs at Antigua in Oct and Guatemala in Feb 1693. And finally, on 22 Jun 1693, we demanded Adana, Angora and Konya plus cash from a humbled Turkey.

EoC23.gif

EoC24.gif

-Pat

Looking good Pat, only to bad that those evil Ottomans had to start the war again… or maybe not;) you sure did a good work in that war, and you stand victorious, not many countries left to fear :D

This is my 666th post, so in honor of that significant fact :eek: ...

In the first two years of peace, we established TPs at Tobago, Caribe, Tahiti, Hanoi, Yaraguay and Tampico. Then we upgraded Monterey and Hanoi to colonies. And then? And then? And then?
Eh eh! And then along came Jones! oops, sorry, wrong song.

And then on 30 Jan 1699, Aus (P-L, Chi, Gra) declared against Bohemia, while Brandenburg rejoined the alliance. That started the first half of a double BB war: 51 months of war with only one night of peace.

Russia declared against us on 13 Mar, followed four days later by France (Lor). Then came Venice (Ned, Eng, Sco, Sax, Hann, Iro) on 16 Apr, and finally TO (Hans, Den) on 14 May. All our allies joined in on all but the first of these.

On 4 Oct 1699 we forced France to cede their colony at Fox, the city of Sacramento, and cash. On 2 Jan 1700 we demanded cash of the Iroquois and that Venice cede the Dutch TPs at Taiwan and Timur (England had made a separate peace with one of my allies). Later that month we founded a TP at Martinique.

On 20 Feb Sweden (Tur) declared against us, and China reneged on our alliance; this, I would never forget! Meanwhile, on 6 Apr we demanded Connecticut and Macquarie from England. Austria finished off Bohemia on 16 Jun, and we converted Connecticut in Jul. 20 Aug was a very busy day in the office: TO offered Pskov and their TPs at St Martin and Maramibo; we demanded Anatolia, Smyrna and cash from Turkey; offered a truce to Sweden; and demanded cash from Russia. That allowed us to sleep in peace that night.

And then? And then? And then?

I've been saving my 666th post for this: with but one day left on my CB vs. China, we declared war on them on 21 Aug 1700, making this a double header of a BB war. On 18 Sep Spain (Fra) decided to join the fun, having sat out the first half; our allies joined in. On 1 Dec we torched much of Spain's "empire" and demanded the remaining TPs at Tocuvo and Talca, cash, and the French TP at Talahasee.

Sweden broke truce on 16 Dec, bringing Turkey along for another wooping; this time only P-L stood by our side. Renegade Austria declared against us on 21 Feb 1701, which is a good thing because I've been letting the AI choose my missions, and for about 20~30 years it's ALWAYS chosen "conquer Styria" while Austria has been my ally (I'm in last place on missions at -58 : Spain is first with more points than they have overall).

In Apr we founded a TP at Ceram. Turkey was forced to cede Macedonia, Hellas and cash on 8 Jun. Later that month Monterey became a city, and in Oct we founded a TP at Samar. Sweden offered Onega on 4 Jan 1702, and in Feb we converted Macquerie. On 21 Mar we demanded Styria and lots o' cash from Austria. Over the next year we founded TPs at Buru, Vitu Levu, Nehalem and Kentucky. And finally, on 30 Apr 1703 the last Chinese province fell; at one point I had had five different seiges under way.

EoC25.gif

EoC26.gif

-Pat "I'm not bad, I'm just evil"

One day before it expired? That is style. Now I fully expect that all of those Chines provinces you captured are now flying the crescent flag of Islam.

Now I will expell the demons from this your 666th post. Pies Iesu Domine, Dona Eis Requiem...

Good work, now you have though those evil Chinese to respect your authority :D Also you need to finished that mission and kill of those pesky Austrians, evil people they are ;)

Oh and JP you forgot to hit yourself on the head with a large wooden board, so allow me to bring some friend along and help you out;)
holygrail0243ii.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I'm glad you two are still checking the forum (I keep looking for CP to write some more Scotland stuff). I'm hoping for about a decade of peace and quiet to digest what I've bitten off :p .

-Pat

Listen, if I went around claiming to be Emperor, just cause some watery tart lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd lock me away!

So much for that decade of peace and quiet. I'll just cover the seven and a half here.

I sealed off the southern Appalachias with TPs at Hindua, Tuscaloosa, Yazoo, plus Milwaukee and Illinois to round things off. Hanoi became a city in Jun 1705, and Macquarie grew into one sometime later that year. Our Trade tech maxed out in Aug 1705 (Infrastructure won't be too much longer) and much of the time since then I've been building more factories (at a cost of ~12 000 gold each).

TPs went on some islands so I wouldn't have to invade them any more: Rabaul, Palawan, Antsirana; Curitiba, Cangucu, and Uruguay sealed off the Rio de la Plata region (France had tried to make inroads there). Then some more less-than-easy places to go to: Magallanes, Isle Royale, Rimouski, Gaspesie. When our TP went up in Penobscot, France disbanded their 4k+ troops there even though they could have simply walked to a neighboring Fr TP. :wacko:

And then on 10 Oct 1708 the impossible happened: we lost :eek: a battle against the Pirates of the Caribbean! Rounded things off with TPs at Bangor and Massachusetts, and in Aug 1710 upgraded Havana to a colony.

And then England and half the countries left in the game went to war with me in a period of 5 weeks, and if the others are smart (but when has the AI ever been smart?) they'll go to war with me in the next five weeks. But you'll have to wait and see.

-Pat