• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I got my wish. But first, I completed closing off the Amur basin with TPs at Vanin, Neima, and Olga between Dec 1731 and Sep 1732, and at some point in 1733 upgraded Luanda to a colony. On 2 Nov Austria joined our alliance. In Mar 1734 we converted the Cyclades after having earlier failed the attempt. The Dutch joined the alliance on 2 Jul. Then, again mere months before the alliance was due for renewal, Poland-Lithuania declared war on the Hanseatic League. Austria joined the war but the Dutch had to be coaxed back into the alliance; Hanse was backed by Bra and Hann. Hungary (Rus, Iro, Spa) declare war on me on 2 Nov, followed five days later by Turkey (Swe). France (Eng, Lor) did the same on that infidel holiday, 25 Dec. In all these we were joined by all our allies. In a show of Allah's grace, a new CoT appeared at Macquarie. Then, on 5 Feb Venice declared against us; this one we fought on our own.

On 5 Jun the peace deals started. Hungary was forced to cede Serbia and cash plus Russia's colony of Kola. Five days later it was Turkey's turn, losing Rumelia, Dobrudja and cash plus Sweden's Savolaks. Luanda became a city in July, Kola converted in October, Estonia did so in Jan 1736, and Kola became a city in Apr. And on 28 Apr Denmark declared against us (all), reactivating Rus, Iro, and Hun.

And then I made a mistake. My notes had Lorraine before England in the French war, so I thought I could conquer them and get three English provinces. On 27 Jun I made peace alone with France alone, demanding Helvetia and Languadoc. Then I found out England was next in ranking. At least our Land Tech maxed out in Jul, and we also founded a TP at Cambodia that same month.

And Venice disappeared from the map on 12 Oct. All five noncontiguous provinces. Four of them mountainous. The other one swampy. Three of them islands. All of them ports. Good enough description?

Also in Oct, we founded a TP at Cambay. Another at Sault in Jan 1737. On 23 Jan we arranged a truce with England, forgetting to torch a few TPs first. After capturing Copenhagen, Denmark offered to give up Narvik and Finmark. And on 2 Feb, we went to peace with a truce with Hanse, and then gave pwersonal gifts to all our allies. The next month our Naval Tech maxed out. Nothing left to do with our budget but create a true Military-Industrial Complex.

-Pat

Maxed out techs is something I have never done, probably because I am not playing optimally, but rather, sufficiently.

I suppose if Austria couldn't put its family on your throne, allying with you and getting lands in war is almost as good.

Let's see, I had roughly 13 years of peace before I issued my first DoW in nearly 50 years. Lots of colonists/traders, a little diplomacy.

Many provinces rebelled in favor of Islam :rolleyes: , or were just small to begin with. Narvik, Finmark, Morea, Livonia, Helvetia (nothing better than an Islamic Swiss Guard!), Sacramento (don't know how I missed that one), and Savolaks all converted during this period. Finmark, Transkei, Cataract, and Valparaiso were all built up into cities. Allah smiled upon our civilization by creating a new CoT at Natal in Jan 1741. And all members reaffirmed our alliance on 2 Dec 1748.

And then there are the trade posts: Wairoa, Accra, Nigeria, Doala (destroyed by a native uprising 6 years later, but reestablished soon after), Nouadiboh, Inhambane, Tanga, Nampuia, Zambezia, Ambovombe, Keren, Mobile, Bandung, Sorong, Lindi, Mtawa, Kenya, Malindi, Chubut, Santa Cruz, Issas, Afars, Cabinda, and Zaire.

Nothing poses a greater threat to international peace than boredom, except maybe greed. In any case, I declared war on Turkey on 30 Jan 1750 so that they'd bring Sweden into it, and I could gain three Swedish provinces plus cash when Turkey lost their only province.

Machiavelli would have been proud.

-Pat

Nice work, and I tend to agree peace is boring so it is good to see you back at war. It is about time you kill off some more evil heathens and show them the greatness of your Empire :)

I hate peace. Think about it as if your game was a picture of real history. The off-time of peace would give your mighty armies time to think about turning against you. Thus, send them to battle! :)

Yay DoWs! Good to see you didn't grow soft in those 50 years and go pacifist on us again ;)

Wow, it really was a case of getting the troops home by Christmas! We attaked Turkey (Swe) on 30 Jan 1750 but waited until the next day to call our allies (let them save on maintenance costs). On 18 Feb the Iroquois (Rus, Hun, Den) declared against us et al , and later that month we founded TPs at Somalia and Mudugh. France (Lor, Sax) declared against Allah's allies on 1 Mar, while Spain went mano a mano with us three days later.

On 24 Mar we demanded Turkey hand over cash plus three Swedish provinces: Lappland, Osterbotten, and Tavastland. England (Hans) joined the fun on 21 Apr. In May Lappland converted, and we established a TP at Mayumba. Meanwhile, the Alsacean army assaulting Zurich disappeared in the embrace of the Islamic Swiss Guard on 25 May, while a large French and Lorrainese force got lost in the Swiss Alps by mid Aug.

On 8 Aug Denmark learned the Swedish lesson: bigger countries shouldn't ally with single-province countries. The Iroquois were forced to pay tribute and cede three Danish provinces: Iceland, Jamtland, and Trondelag. Iceland converted two months later. On 6 Nov, after capturing London, we demanded the English TPs at Oahu and Kalepam. On the 21st we demanded tons'o'cash from Spain. And on 2 Dec we completed our ownership of the Med and the Alps bu demanding Dauphine and Provence of France. And on New Year's we founded a TP at Kribi.

EoC32.gif

EoC33.gif

-Pat

Last edited:
Nice one Pat the map is really looking good now, only need to fix that ugly French and Swedish blue and the English red, and it will look even better :)

Edit: Post nr 1100 :D

Ugh! What is all that nasty cream color in the Americas? I demand it be made a soothing shade of brown promptly. :p On another note, excellent work with ending the wars so swiftly.

Let me just say, this is my favorite map of the game (so far):
religion.jpg

There is no god but God. :D

-Pat
update to follow later, though alliance was renewed with minor changes

Last edited:
Update as promised:

Iceland became a city in Mar 1751. We founded a TP at Kerala in Apr of '52, only to have Dutch troops finally reach there the following month, setting off a native attack destroying it (memo to self: damn dastardly Dutch! :mad: ). We rebuilt it 3 months later, meanwhile founding others at Colombo, Bangkok and DaNang. Tavastland converted in Sept, and a year later we built a TP at Singapore.

Jan 1754 saw a new CoT open at Svealand, which we soon dominated. The following year saw TPs at Lobito and Columbia, Havana become a city, and the conversion of Languadoc. In May '56 we upgraded Roanoke to a colony, and it became a city in Nov '57. In Apr '58 Dauphine converted, while in Sep we gained a TP at Djugdjur. The following Mar we finally upgraded Goa to a colony (lots of failures here), and a month later founded a TP at Enkan. Osterbotten converted in Oct.

On the diplomatic front I maintained good relations with Austria and Poland-Lithuania, but let our Dutch relations slide into the negatives. So when 2 Dec 1760 came around and we had to renew our alliance, I didn't even bother to send a diplomat to them. On 1 Jul 1761 Norway (only Trondelag province) declared independence, which lasted about three weeks only because I couldn't hit 'pause' quick enough. Just before annexing them on the 24th, we placed the Netherlands under the Interdict, embargoing their merchants.

And then came the BB declarations, but that story will have to wait for another day.

-Pat

Nice map, it is cool seeing you have manage to teach the infidels what is the true religion ;)

Seemed like it was some good years, but those bloody Dutch must be punished, you can’t allow having them walking around responsible for the slaughter of your fine and noble subjects, and you must destroy them :cool:

I see more BB wars are in the future... Well, I'm quite sure you will rise above your enemies. Just make sure the Dutch are quickly taken care of in the future. :)

And nice map, its always wonderful to see the true faith gaining forced popularity.

I just noticed this evening my thread count had reached 711, an historically meaningful number for this AAR. ;)

And this BB war seemed endless, lasting nearly three years. Most annoyingly, almost everyone DoW'ed me one at a time. So, without further ado, let's have the suspects:

3 Aug 1761 Sweden (Turkey) vs Granada (P-L, Austria)
8 Aug England vs Granada
16 Aug Spain vs Granada
18 Aug Denmark vs Granada
23 Aug Russia vs Granada et al

After that nothing significant happened until 2 Jan 1762, when we demanded tons'o'cash from Turkey. On 25 Jan England offered Meath and Whangarei. France with Lorraine joined the fun (our allies joined this one) on 3 Mar, while on 26 Mar we demanded tons'o'cash from Spain. On 14 Apr the Iroquois, without any troops, declared against us.

We brought religious freedom to the Irish of Meath in May (an easy transition from 'There is no ireland but Ireland' to 'There is no god but God'). On 6 Jul we demanded tons'o'cash from the Iroquois, but then on 17 Aug those treacherous Dutch declared against their former alliance. Our colonial policies bore fruit in Nov, as Goa became a city and we founded a TP at Oshkosh.

And then came the big gains. Sweden was annexed on 30 Dec 1762, Lorraine on 28 May 1763. On 10 Jul France was forced to cede Franche Compte and Guyenne plus pay reparations. Later that month we founded a TP at Ungava. The last false brown on the map changed to true brown on 5 Dec as we annexed what remained of Denmark. As our armies in Scandinavia were more needed for putting down revolts than fighting Russian troops that didn't want to leave the safety of the Kremlin, we finally agreed to Russia's repeated demand for hush money on 6 Dec.

Too late, England realized that trowling for allies while a BB was still going on was not the best diplomacy. The Hanseatic League declared war on 9 Jan 1764, bringing in Brandenburg and England as P-L and Austria joined me. Soon after we founded a TP at Karoo. On 3 Mar the Dutch offered all three TPs on Newfoundland. On 21 May, after insulting us we an offer of just one province, England accepted our demands for Connaught, Leinster and reparations. On 17 Jun the Hanse gave in to our demand of Holstein for ourself, East Pommerania for Austria, and cash all around, finally bringing this BB war to an end. In the meantime, we founded a TP at Madurai and in Jul another at Parlakimedi while Connaught converted to Irish Islam.

EoC34.gif

-Pat

Jolly nice work Pat, more and more of the world is coming under your rightful rule, now it is only those damn frogs, the English and the poles that are still creating havoc, but I suspect they shall soon be punished…:)

Badawi said:
Very good work, man. Though, it would be nice to see the Turks annexed. Then your empire would be nice and joined together. ;)
Can't: being GC instead of IGC, I need to have seven majors in the game. France came out to put in the Iroquois, and Portugal came out for Granada.

-Pat