• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All right then, I will stop playing this run with restored Imperial Germany. As it is it looks broken. Too many nazi events (where the text is replaced so instead of Hitler the words "German leader" shows up). I stopped after Anglo-German naval treaty which apparently allows like in WiF to build DDs, CLs, CAs and BCs. Only those were already buildable.
I might try to play with Hitler path to see if it is any different from EoD.

Otoh, for my own use, I will attempt to merge certain things from EoD, like tech tree, unit names, misc settings and perhaps some flavor non-persistant events. Maybe not all at once, as the odds of crashing are high.

Reactions:
Started again with a 1918 game with Japan. Now late into 20s and things are progressing well. In Europe, for a change there was no Intermarrium. Soviets beat the Poles and then in turn got defeated by Kolchak. Russia is led by Denikin now. Other than that everything was mostly along the historical lines...

Now unto bugs in noticed so far. Some were noted by others (which likely means Nikita will ignore my remarks). Others were not.

1. Not a bug per se, but rather a flavoring. All nations start with the same tech. As in on 1918, even a nation landlocked like Hungary or Czechoslovakia starts with tech for light carriers. There should be a difference based on tech advances and likelihood of even possesing that tech in the first place.

2. The treaty of Saint Germain with Austria, has 2 outcomes. Harsh conditions (which are in fact historical) and soft conditions. Soft conditions allow Austria to maintain the provinces around Bohemia that were later taken by Hitler on the Munich Treaty of 1938. At the very least those provinces should be taken by Czechoslovakia in 1918. Especially, since 2 of them are inaccessible by Austria.

3. Events that allow the restoration of Habsburg dinasty in Austria can only lead to economic sanctions by the allies. A war with Yugoslavia and/or Italy should also be an option. Furthermore, restoration leads immediately to a war with Hungary, which Hungary has no chance of winning as it has an event with 100% chances of success of revolt in Budapest. The war between those 2 countries ends in less than a week. Historically, Karl tried to gain the throne in Budapest, but Horthy opposed him and convinced him to leave. Unlikely that Hungary would jump directly to Karl's arms, through a revolt. So I think that this event should have some odds of failing.

4. Communist Hungary has an event where they propose an alliance with Soviets. The event fires, but has no teeth in it. There is no option or coresponding event on Soviet side to accept it or dismiss it.

5. In Japan list of leaders for the navy, Ysoroku Yammamoto shows up with the skill Night Flyer which is only used by air leaders.

6. In Imperial Germany list of leaders, Eugen von Falkenhayn shows up as having retiring date on the year 3000.

7. For the 1918, a lot ships that were clearly built in interwar years show up for many countries. This also include carriers.

8. For Germany, after you research the 1935 Moto Infantry tech, an event fires with Wehrmacht motorized formations, that places 5 Moto Inf divisions with SpArty attachments. Those attachments can only be built after researching the Sp Arty tech, which has the year 1940 labeled on it.

9. The event that leads to a war over Klagenfurt between Austria and Yugoslavia has a 60% chances to fire. Historically, Yugoslavia was convinced by Entente to accept a plebiscite in 1920. That plebsicite even does not seem to fire. It is always either war or not. And if not (40%) then that is all there is.

10. Like I previously said, Restored Imperial Germany is broken. Not going to repeat what I said and what Nikita said back in 2019 that it was fixed.

11. The event Anti-Comintern pact shows up even if Russia is not ruled by Soviets. Comintern was Communist International. It makes no sense for Germany, Italy and Japan to make an alliance against Soviet Russia.

12. Like mentioned previously a lot of similar events originally made for Nazi Germany show up as "fixed" with the replacements for various words, even though the whole meaning of the description of the event is clearly one for Nazi Germany. Even moreso, some still show references to Third Reich. Not to mention pictures with Hitler and various Nazi officials. Worst, for Imperial Germany some events about Nazis in Austria are still considered good events.

13. Last but not least, I do not doubt that many people here, who like your mod would be willing to give you a hand to text-proof in English your event descriptions. I do realize that English is not your native language, but at times the text is difficult to read. Just as an example on the above mentioned event from restoration of Austrian monarchy, one of the options from Italy says : "We will a good friends,I guess". If you need help, likely some, including me, are willing to give you a hand.

• 3Like
Reactions:
All
Read my Resignation letter ( home page)

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I don’t know the whole picture, but I understand there has been a conflict of some sort. Don’t burn the whole building down because of one or two bad bridges. Conserve the moded files and start a Dakerst hour blog page instead in a few months. But sure you need a long pause(1.or2.years) from paradox.

It has been nice to follow your mods and we never forget your support on the forum. Take care nikita.

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions:
Man this is totally unfair. I can understand quitting modding altogether but just at least keep the mod available for people to play or allow someone to upload it somewhere.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I am reading Ericafaq's posts out of curiosity because of his ban. If I had to guess, was it his mentioning of Joe Biden in February? I assume it was not that, it must be something bigger.., right? That is a comment on his age, not political.., again, no way that can be it.

Allright!
After long conversations with my good friends (another modders).
We found compromise
To prevent permanent ban and my subsequent disappearance. I'LL CONTINUE my works of Facebook (Diaries, new versions and etc and etc).

My student page. I created this page to communicate with my friends from the university. Here you can write your suggestions, personal bug reports and etc. Before send friend request, please write your nickname from Paradox forum

Public. Dev diaries, annoucements and ect and etc

What. Actually. Happened

In a brief to prevent ban? New diary survived 10 minutes.

• 6Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Allright!
After long conversations with my good friends (another modders).
We found compromise
To prevent permanent ban and my subsequent disappearance. I'LL CONTINUE my works of Facebook (Diaries, new versions and etc and etc).

My student page. I created this page to communicate with my friends from the university. Here you can write your suggestions, personal bug reports and etc. Before send friend request, please write your nickname from Paradox forum

Public. Dev diaries, annoucements and ect and etc

What. Actually. Happened

In a brief to prevent ban? New diary survived 10 minutes.
Good news, I agree that it is the best solution.

• 3Like
Reactions:
LOL...Looks like I picked the wrong month to quit Facebook :D:D:D

• 4Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hey Nikita, sorry to hear you're having trouble with our glorious ikea overlords...but glad to know you're gonna continue working on this awesome mod irregardless of what happened, best of luck with future work as always :)

Also, quick suggestion, but you could maybe post future dev-diaries and links on moddb as well? Might be easier for this kinda thing and it would mean those who don't use facebook can still post feedback and such.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.