• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never heard of SOTS until the angryjoeshow was doing a lot of coverage on SOTS II. It looked pretty cool and was looking into purchasing it. Luckily before I bought it I had read about it being released in a utter broken state. I feel for you guys that did pick it up on day one. I had a similar experience because I picked up Startrek Online on day one and that was unfinished as well.

I have to say the OP by the CEO is one of the most frank and honest I have seen in a long time. Does it make the situation any better? No, but for someone at his level to openly say in a public forum that he screwed up royally is rare.

I wish we had that kind of honesty on the STO forums. Anyway I hope this game gets turned around because it looks like it could be an awesome game.

I agree with you on STO and with the honesty we see from the CEO here.. It is the only reason I didn't request a Refund for the game. His honesty with me made me willing to give them a chance to fix this Problem. That and I felt the first game was awesome and see potential for awesome in what I was able to play of this game. I just hope they fix these immersion packs soon as I would like to see what they actually do.

Responding is a one man show, namely me, and I'm moving through them as quick as I can - I should be caught up to now later today. Depending on when you wrote, I'll be getting back to you very shortly (I'm start with older emails and moving up from there.)
Thanks everyone

Thanks for the response. Is there anything you require from us before you can provide the code (or whatever it is) to get SOTS? Like a game key or some other proof of purchase?

is there news on the next patch yet?

for me the game is still unplayable some form of graphics bug where planets completely dissapear. I guess i'm expecting that the game will be some form of playable to me in a week or 2.

mean while i'm playing star ruler again.

for me the game is still unplayable some form of graphics bug where planets completely dissapear. I guess i'm expecting that the game will be some form of playable to me in a week or 2.

Friday, maybe a midweek patch

Yeah I wondered that as well. Have not got a reply back yet so can't say.

There is only one person handling that and they asked folks to be patient because, well only one person handling that. So I think there will be a reply, but it is probably going to take a few days.

How IS that? I have it, but that was several tens of patches ago

I really appreciate the appology and Kerberos has my full support. I had my share of major cockups in my life (made both by yours truly and others) and I can appreciate the just value of a) an appology and b) a commitment to fix things. After SOTS 1 and the extraordinary way Kerberos transformed that product by listening to user input and by basically redefining the genre, they have my sympathy and support.

How IS that? I have it, but that was several tens of patches ago

It's not bad still got a few issues that annoy me graphically like ships fly past there target and sometimes fly in reverse???

other than that it's nearing release final release status also theu got a distributor for aus and europe and it will be classified as completed. after that it will be patches for balancing and bug fixes i guess.

IMO for a indie developer it was the best $30 i spent.

BTW the game is hard....

I don't know very much about Kerberos, but, from what I played so far, this game (SotS 2) deserves the waiting and the money. It has HUGE potential and, together with SotS 1, almost forms a new genre.

GO Kerberos!

yes after all is said and done its basically a give up money so we can dev the thing more. ok fine. i do like sots 1 and enjoyed it very much. i wont be asking for a refund because i want to see the thing completed and i want to have my fun.

By the way i am in the boat of putting it away until.. some update when the problems i noticed are fixed and can go past 26 turns without crashing.

ILL BE WATCHING MY STEAM UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While all these bugs and the game itself being almost unplayable for a fair number of people, as much as I enjoyed the first SoTS game and expansions I am willing to wait it out for the wrinkles to be smoothed out. It's a pretty common thing for games to be released too early, but in my eyes, as long as the devs are doing what they can to fix things then it'll be all gravy in the end. Even with the bugs I've been having quite a bit of fun with the game, so once all the major issues are taken care of this will be an excellent game just like its predecessor.

But I do hope the game gets fixed sooner, rather than later... for obvious reasons (blowing stuff up in space is always glorious)! And the honesty of the release being "the perfect storm of cock up" is refreshing, and gave me a good chuckle.

Once again, devs/publishers are doing players who bought the game a favour. They have no obligations on features. The completeness of the game is up for them to decide.

They could as well released a final patch to remove any apparent feature not yet implemented in the game, making it the complete and final version of the game.
Better to take a look at the current situation...
-players who bought the game are not entitled to a refund. The game installs and launches on most comps, legally, it is enough.

Are you mad? Or better... what country are you from? Because in the US, a computer program that fails to provide advertised features at the time of sale is returnable. Also, it doesn't launch on my comp post monday patch.
So yes... what country are you talking about?

Nope, mate, wont be coming back.
this is as I have said the biggest cock up Ive seen in a game, and he's making the "hard decision" to waste our time and string out the updates? Yeah screw this.
As I said, lost my faith.
My email is sent.

I will say I hope IKerberos has better luck than Cryptic did after their screw up

Trust me we won't miss you at all... You are just one of the few individuals out there that will always find the negative no matter what is said and done. It is your kind (which really is just few) that typically has zero faith in anything, who usually feels that their ultra negative posting will somehow unhinge the entire company and create a mass exodus. Sorely you are wrong but I'm sure your lack of foresight and pure negativity will keep you strong in your own delusions.

Have a great life...

Status
Not open for further replies.