• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
great! :) as usualy ;)

I'm looking forward to your next update

Very interesting, I hope you have ancient states to fill the map.

Thanks for all the feedbacks :)

The Swert said:
I think you forgot to name that province underneath Bithynia.
Oh, that's same province with the one of Tolistoboii (further south). The river is going through.
But a good point that it's confusing ;)
I'll try to correct it. :)

Fortuyn said:
Any plans for scenario's on this map?
Roma Universalis mod is the initiator of this map project. ;)

Matyas Corvin said:
I decide to write names in capslock on my map, just an observation.
I think most of the maps has province named in capitals. For this "old" map I wanted to try use some more decorative font. I'm using Georgia (with italic). In this writing the classical small letters looks better. :rofl:

elvain said:
I'm looking forward to your next update
I think on the next weekend I'll be able show Skandinavia (thanks to Krantz that provided me valuable informations about that area).

szmik said:
I hope you have ancient states to fill the map.
We have a lot of states, but not enough TAGs. :rofl:

Very nice map.

However I would like to draw your attention to the fact that coastlines did change - especially mouths of rivers did expand during last 2000 years. Also some spits appeared/disappeared (and I am talking about natural processes and not mentioning areas like Holland where see was forcibly moved away).
Looking e.g. on the coast of modern Poland that peninsula above Gdansk/Danzig with Hel at tip was much/much smaller and spit on the right of Gdansk (near Elbing/Elbląg) was much smaller and had many holes. E.g. Elbląg was significant "almost" coastal city in XVth century, however deposits, silt etc. moved it inland.

zdlugasz said:
However I would like to draw your attention to the fact that coastlines did change - especially mouths of rivers did expand during last 2000 years.
Thanks for the note. :)
I had at first only historical 3 shorelines - Padus, Indus, Persian Gulf.
When you're speaking about it, I think I'll redraw the shores according "The Atlas of Ancient and Classical Geography". These maps will cover Europe and Mediterranean. For the rest of the world however I'm out of references.

And, speaking about Gdansk, the reference map doesn't seem to differ in that section too much from today. :wacko:
Link

Don't you have something, what could be used as a reference map?

I can not open your link.

I have map in my historical atlas showing creation of Poland in VIII-Xth century and Hel peninsula consists of number of islands, Vistula spit (on the right from Gdansk) has hole more or less opposite to Elblag and Vistula lagoon is much larger (toward Elblag). However I do not have any means to make picture right now. I will try to find something in Internet.

zdlugasz > Can you download this pic and draw in red the coastal lines and upload it back, please?
Doesn't need to be 100% accurate, but I have no idea how much smaller the spits was or where and how large holes was there.

After a looooong delay here is another piece of the map

Scandinavia (maybe more provinces will be added later)

NW Africa

Hope you'll like the new rivers. :p

totally stunning work! - if Roma universalis coverts to this map I will be playing that until 2020.....

Added Tripolitana, Cyrenaica, West Africa and ..... Nigeria :wacko:

EDIT:
Glad you like it, Simon :)
Now I must finish the map and convert RU into it before 2020, to make you play it for at least one day :rofl:

Last edited:
My reference maps ends on the south border of Egypt, and the African map isn't so detailed as needed. If anybody have, or knows, some good reference for making provinces in Nubia (Kushites) and Ethiopia (Axum or D'mt), the maps will be welcomed. :)
The provinces are supposed to be made from ancient tribes, mountain ranges, or cities.

Birger >> Till 2020 :rofl:

EDIT:
Map of tribes in Arabia, Yemen, Oman, and the area around would be nice as well. :)

Last edited:
I tried my first import of piece of the map to the game. It have some mistakes in ID layer, but for the first test it's enough :D
Here is a preview how the map may looks like in Eu2.

EDIT:
image replaced with higher resolution

Last edited: