Preview of the Free 1.3 Update, Localization Beta, and Linux Release!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Career mode is played in Ironman mode by default, so it is also possible to “lose” this mode unrecoverably.
So, forgive me if this has already been answered, but does this mean the Player's character is no longer immortal in this mode? I would assume this would be the primary mechanism whereby you would "lose." (Though you could end up "alone and broke against the world" otherwise.)

I'm totally into it if that's the case, I'd just like to know before I run my commander forward into a nasty surprise. :)

So, forgive me if this has already been answered, but does this mean the Player's character is no longer immortal in this mode? I would assume this would be the primary mechanism whereby you would "lose." (Though you could end up "alone and broke against the world" otherwise.)

I'm totally into it if that's the case, I'd just like to know before I run my commander forward into a nasty surprise. :)

The Commander of your outfit will still be immortal. The game itself will start in the Ironman mode, which uses harder settings, but IIRC you will be able to change this back using the settings to play career mode on an easier setting if you so wish.

I would really love to know what’s happening to abilities. I was hoping for a second Beta playtest.

IIRC the last I heard from one of the flashpoint streams, the testing of the Abilities was in the hands of a small test group of hardcore Battletech players. The 1.3 Abilities Public Beta is still running if you still want to try them out.

Last edited:
Will those of us using the Linux Beta automatically update to the stable release?

Yes, you don't need to take any special action other than the usual opening Steam/GOG, patching, and playing the game. When the 1.3 patch is released the Linux beta will close and automatically patch you back to the main release (now 1.3). Your saves will be upgraded and you should be able to continue where you left off.

@SnzKGB, with the past Ability Revision Beta and its Respec, I just jumped right in and changed my Ability Loadouts... and almost instantly regretted it.

Luckily I had a series of Saves just prior to that one. After some gameplay to test out what I had Respec'ed, I went back to the Save prior to the one I had used to Respec the first time. Once I had loaded it up, the game let me Respec a second time for the same Campaign. Better informed on what the new Abilities were all about, I really enjoyed my decisions during this second Respec. : )

#JustAnIDEA

And as ever, good luck and good gaming! :bow:
Oh, that is nice to hear. I will test all new abilities and than make a decision.

Is there a "Stock Build" button in the mech bay yet?

I know alot of us are still hoping for a stock mech iron man mode.... but baby steps I guess.
I haven't seen plans to add a mode which forces the use of stock mechs.

EDIT: There is already the option to force stock-only in multiplayer.

I haven't played in a while, but I'm really looking forward to career mode and flashpoints. I see myself sinking a lot of hours into the game again, I just wish it wasn't a month away! Oh well, I'll start stockpiling podcasts now, so I'll be well prepared! :)

Career mode is played in Ironman mode by default, so it is also possible to “lose” this mode unrecoverably.
I've only now noticed this tidbit. I have nothing against it (would Ironman anyway), but that leaves me with a question: Will you still be able to tinker with other campaign/difficulty settings introduced in patch 1.1? As in turn on Mech Destruction for example, or tinker with amount of parts needed for mech assembly? Hope we can still do that.

I've only now noticed this tidbit. I have nothing against it (would Ironman anyway), but that leaves me with a question: Will you still be able to tinker with other campaign/difficulty settings introduced in patch 1.1? As in turn on Mech Destruction for example, or tinker with amount of parts needed for mech assembly? Hope we can still do that.
As I've understood it, yes. And Mitch himself said on the first page of this thread that you can also uncheck Ironman should you want to.

Looking forward to the update & flashpoint, can we continue with our 1.2 saves?
Yes.

Flashpoints are post-campaign and Career Mode content, so:
  • If you've finished the campaign, flashpoints will become available for you to play in that campaign automatically.
  • If you haven't finished the campaign, you will have to do so before any flashpoints become available.
  • If you start a new campaign, you will have to finish it before any flashpoints become available.
  • You can also start a new Career Mode playthrough, which will contain flashpoints.

Would be nice if one could chose to use only the localization for the story.
Technical Battlefield terms should stay in english also everything on the ship and so on, just only the story.
The answer to your wish.
"We will follow what we have seen as the historical usage trend in other BT games and books that have been translated, which is that proper names in the universe remain in English."
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...alization-update.1116568/page-2#post-24624587