• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
.... And could be useful to identify useless small-talk, spam or thread-unrelated posts.

If i may...
That's already what ReDi is for as well, i'd argue. *
You show that you respectfully disagree with the content of some post, assuming it is really seriously
derailing even though the original topic still stands, so disrupting or pointless or aggravating/exasperating.

Besides, useless small-talk and thread-unrelated posts are the very core of this forum :D, not only in the OT section
and should be part of any forum really.

Sometimes new interesting ideas or arguments come up this way...sometimes less so admittedly, but that's freedom..
IMHO. Cheers

* the "...as well, i'd argue" part was added later.

Last edited:
If i may...
That's already what ReDi is for.
You show that you respectfully disagree with the content of some post, assuming it is really seriously
derailing even though the original topic still stands, so disrupting or pointless or aggravating/exasperating.

Sorry, what is ReDi?

By the same logic: "Helpful" is redundant since that's what "Agree" is for.

I'd argue that i'd disagree with that comparison. :p

Either way, your inital suggestion "respectfully not helpful"-button isn't realy required. I don't see how it would help.
It also could open a can of worms for everyone asking for their pet peeve being implemented and lead to a spam-like inflation in the number of post rating options.
That is not something i'd support.
Actually at first i thought you were joking, but apparently not....

In the end the rating option is formost there to prevent arguments getting out of hand by using a rating for a post instead of responding directly.
The positive side is to support a post. Simple as that. Adding "helpful" to the two rating options now sounds as the first mistake had likely already been done.

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest, we really need a few more reactions to choose from. The "Funny" reaction is especially sorely lacking. Though, I am not certain what other reaction besides that might be desirable to add.

We could always go the way of Discord and use emojis as reaction instead, though. JK :p

• 1Haha
Reactions:
To be honest, all we desperately need, is for all these buttons to be removed and never thought of again. They're the devil incarnate. :p

I would like to see more action taken against spamming.
e.g.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?members/thetruthuntold44.1514573/
Guy whom I reported spamming, spammed over 170+ spammessages to the forum, even his forum rank advanced to 2nd lieutenant for it...

Could forum rank advance only once per day to avoid massive spammers gaining several ranks?
Could newly registered users be limited to first only 1message / minute to avoid massive spamming?

One thing that should be removed is rating received or atleast don't show who gave the rating, like how you can't see how gave the raitings in the post the user should not be able to see who gave the ratings. The rating system should be completely Anonymous.

Also you should not be able to create a new post in a thread if your post is the latest in a thread, the edit button is there for a reason.

Also you should not be able to create a new post in a thread if your post is the latest in a thread, the edit button is there for a reason.
This works badly for AARs.

Another issue is that people tend to double post when replying to multiple posts or people. They finish a reply, see another post, decide that one's worth responding to as well.
If you force them to edit instead of double posting, the second person will not receive a notification which is annoying enough when people do it of their own volition.

It could be tied to the forum or so.
In addition to what Nikolai said on AARs, that wouldn't work for modding and would harm threads where the content is subject to evolve. You might instead set a limit of not posting two successive posts within a specific time span.

I think part of the key, to the points of both @Denkt and @Phibs, is fixing the notification system for when a post is edited, to encourage less multi-posts in highly active threads.

Yeah.
If editing were to create the same signals (notification, watched threads, bumping the thread up the 'last message'-ladder, as it were) - that'd cut down double posting significantly, I reckon.

It would be really nice if the new forum was in a more legible color scheme, or had the option to be. It's great that there's an option to make the text not quite so tiny, for people with more modern/larger screens, but even with cranking the text size up higher than it should need to be, the garish white text is quite painful to try and read on many monitor types. It seems that the forum supports color scheme options since there's a dropdown box in the account preferences, but since there's only one option there, it's meaningful.

Even for the default light on dark, it could easily be refined. Take a look, for example, at the CK3 dev diary that's pinned on top of the new main splash page. It uses a white that if it's not pure #FFFFFF is way too damn close. In stark contrast to this stark contrast, the actual CK3 screenshots show proper UI design wherein an appropriately muted font color has been chosen for pleasant legibility on a variety of screens.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Can we PLEASE get a "compact mode"? I have a very high resolution monitor, and even when setting the text scale to minimum the new layout wastes so much space I feel like I'm using a monitor from the 90s in terms of amount of visible content. The old density was fine (though I'd have set it denser if given the option), but the new density is awful and makes the forum significantly less "read at a glance"-compatible.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Allow us to change it back to the way it used to be? New posts interests me a lot more than big flashy pictures of games I already own.

• 2Like
Reactions: