• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bring back the "default" (white) version as an option, if you like. This dark style is hurting my eyes.

• 2Like
Reactions:
- Allow the side column (tweet feeds, online users, 'useful' links) to be dismissed/hidden.
- Option to hide signatures (as they needlessly extend the area used by each post)
- Option to hide badges (as they needlessly extend the area used by each post)
- Received likes and such should be on the same line as the 'report/like/quote/reply' buttons.

Basically make forum posts a LOT more compact, as at the moment I can see only *2* single line posts on the screen (1920x1200) at once; it's <10% content, >90% wasted space.

- Make 'widescreen mode' the default (or at the very least, make sure it's persistent)

WASTED SPACE HERE \/\/\/\/\/\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I am garnering feedback of ideas on what features we can enhance or add to the forums to make them easier to use, more fun or informative, post your ideas or comments below.

This is your opportunity to help shape the future of the forums and our community.
I am listening.

- Have the forums stretch the full browser, not just a column down the middle. I don't get why its just down the middle.
- Change the "like" to "react" to better show what the button does.
- Show the number of each reaction so people can gage if the community thought someone was helpful
- On mobile hide game badges or shrink/move that to the left. It takes up to much space on the screen creating more clicks/scrolls.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Sigh. The log out problem was promised get fixed when we got a new forum. It's become WORSE. Second time in two hours I've been told the user has changed (whatever that means) on my cell I use today, and then on reload I'm required to log in again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
- Have the forums stretch the full browser, not just a column down the middle. I don't get why its just down the middle.
- Change the "like" to "react" to better show what the button does.
- Show the number of each reaction so people can gage if the community thought someone was helpful
- On mobile hide game badges or shrink/move that to the left. It takes up to much space on the screen creating more clicks/scrolls.
If it helps, there is a button all the way on the bottom left of the page to do just this.
It's hidden in the second footer of the web page, even below the paradox logo.

It only shows up if your screen is wider than the forum content.

Reactions:
Who had the stupid idea "show only dev replies" to remove?

Give it back to me !!!

I can live with the graphic even if i don't like it.

Please make it so that each individual reaction to a specific comment since I was last logged in does not show up as a separate alert. I just got 50 alerts because 50 diffrent people reacted to my posts. I would much prefer that if 25 people react to one comment, 10 to one and 15 to another I get 3 alerts which says "one of your comments have gotten 25/15/10 new reactions".

Reactions:
Please make it so that each individual reaction to a specific comment since I was last logged in does not show up as a separate alert. I just got 50 alerts because 50 diffrent people reacted to my posts. I would much prefer that if 25 people react to one comment, 10 to one and 15 to another I get 3 alerts which says "one of your comments have gotten 25/15/10 new reactions".
I get no notification for it, so there's probably a setting somewhere.

I suggest reintroducing a way to see the most recent unread threads. Since the forum upgrade there's been no such feature. It's a huge QOL decrease to not be able to see the most recent unread threads anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah I found it, but it still should work the way I said.

Reactions:
I notice that expandable block panels have been implemented in limited areas, such as signatures and quotes. Is it possible to nest game icons in a similar collapsed panel so our big spenders don't end up requiring Brezhnev-esque chest expansion surgery to accommodate their growing collection of regalia?

Reactions:
The notification behavior can be changed in your personal settings (click your user name in the upper right, then "Preferences", and scroll down to "notify me when"). Batch notifications would be nice, yes. More importantly, though - just as a matter of good UX - the setting to notify for every damn reaction should never have been enabled by default to start with. I'm sure there exists somebody, somewhere, who needs to know about Every Single Time somebody cares about their post enough to tap a button, but most of us don't and it made the notification area nigh-unusable until I found the new setting and nuked it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can we get a more compact and simple design as an opt-in? I know forums who have different "themes" available in the settings, would this be possible here as well? I really liked the old compact style. Nothing facy, just practical.

I mean, okay it *looks* better aesthetically, but from a usability standpoint this is just a mess of a design.
Or do it like Reddit, and have an "opt out of the redesign" option, please.

Also: please increase the size of the profile pictures. I feel like it was part of the charme seeing all these pictures and icons more prominent.

Last edited:
Reactions:
My request: please remember the current sub-forum when logging in and return to there after doing so. (As it was in the old forum.)

It is quite annoying, if the login-screen resets the forum to the main page, from where we have to go to the sub-forums overview and then finally back to the sub-forum from where we started in the first place.
In almost all case, I know exactly where I want to be, am there already and just want to log in to post in this very forum or simply add my ‘like’. Moving us around is quite counterproductive.

Reactions: