• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My OPM game. Thought I want to try a game as a Free City and stay with it the whole game growing only with vassals.
Got France as an ally very early on but they're there mainly as a defensive ally, my most valuable allies were the smaller/mid sized HRE nations that I can get favor points a lot faster from.
The game was a mix between fun early on, to oh so boring once I need to do constant wars to get prestige so I can keep my vassals in line.
My first vassal was East Frisia, their NI is icky, but also the easiest to get as vassal lol. Only had them for a long time until I got lucky when Brandenburg went under and I released them from a core. Released Prussia shortly after religious war (they were a beast even in vassal form!). Released Galicia for better navy and baby Ashanti which I had barely anytime to do anything with lol

BD5AE54C892B9CE1C527F924AEB7068BCFFDCAA8

Money comes mainly from trade node early on. Renting army out while waiting AE down was also very profitable. Once I got my vassals big enough and the policies for vassals payment, those become my main income. The only time I've ever relied on vassal money for my income lol

EB3215A1C77CE76BA8D8D9623CE57412D2615020

Keeping the vassals in check is pretty much the name of the game until Age of Revolutions. "Anti-revolutionary Zeal" and "Loyal Subjects" make things so much easier. Look at those sweet, sweet vassal payment! lol

4F5314E7B23EE5AE6A4630914885FCA85F1FB754

Worst thing about being OPM is the low manpower. I usually can only be a besieger, or play support to my vassals. Engage battles only on those that I know I can stackwipe. Any prolonged battles will destroy my manpower very quickly. While mercs are an option, their small size means they're also there for support or to get their generals (mostly siege generals). With only 29 naval limit, any war outside europe is a pain too.

9068E2CC0B7897E1F789598F565747E7B4970096

And lastly, the province behind it all, hiding behind my vassals, the glorious(ish) province of Hamburg, home of the best hamburgers in the world! (The province developments is like that since I put points only when I have excess, and since mil points was a struggle for me at the early going, ADM is what get poured on it mostly).

A7C9F991593497303FEB45E7917B183F565F43C5

Bonus screenshots: One of the few times you'll see A.I. Brazil as #1 Great Power in the game, by quite a bit too. (After Portugal lost all of their european provinces, they moved their capital to Morocco and some events that I'm not familiar with, released Brazil, put Portugal under their PU and now Brazil stronk or something like that)

C5859646534263B539B121C9D0F130E435537AAA

• 5Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Capture.PNG

Started as Mamluks.

Byzantium is a vassal that is backed by Poland for independence. I want to get rid of that and either use them to get Italian cores or just annex them if that proves too difficult.

My issue is that Spain is defender of faith, they have inherited Portugal and somehow that cleared them of their 8000 debt which was keeping them from joining a potential war. The other issue is that France is allied to Poland (both are my rivals).

I got Hungary, Denmark and Great Britain as allies, as well as Tunis and too distant Transoxiana and Delhi who won't join an aggressive war. My problem is that only Tunis is eager to fight the Poles :D
I also need to get prestige up to get Byzantium's liberty desire down. It's at 66% now after being capped at over 100% for a long time.

On the plus side, I am just hopeful that France and Spain go to war against each other as they are rivals and enemies, but nothing happened between them since I turned to Arabia several decades prior to this screenshot.

So till then, the plan is to wait for the truce with Ethiopia to expire and consume more of their lands, perhaps attack Georgia when Russia is looking the other way to connect Crimea with my Anatolian stronghold and target Ajam.

Don't want to expand into Tunis as Spain is extremely strong and are very likely to attack me.

Ideas are: Religious, Offensive, Influence, Administrative, Diplomatic, Humanist. Will pick a military one next (defensive probably) and perhaps Trade as my last one.

Open to any suggestions of course.

On a side note, I could have formed Egypt long before Arabia (which requires less tech adv to trigger) but I had to get 2 final provinces in Nizwa and Baghdad first. I did an Egypt run before so decided to go Arabia and got myself the Arabian Coffee achievement. Now I have 100% army professionalism and all I need is to finally annex my vassal and get the other one :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
Perhaps not a super impressive empire, but a personal victory nonetheless.

Have played the EU series for twenty years, never finished a Grand Campaign from start to finish. Until now.

eu4_4.png

Played a naval-trade game with Oman, with the modest goal of getting the Market Control and Just a Little Patience achievements.
Conquered Eastern Africa and South Arabia, the Persian gulf coast, and strategic places in Indonesia. Colonized Australia in New Zealand ('Al Ashraq' means 'the easternmost' in Arabic). Helped free colonial nations from their motherland oppressors in the RNW. Mr Ottoblob right there was my friend all along.

Really enjoyed this campaign, as you have a to make calculated strategic decisions constantly in order to become the greatest trading power in the region.
I love games in which you guide a small, disadvantaged nation with great potential (through its national ideas) to greatness.

eu4_6.png

That moment felt so good.

A very very big thanks to @grotaclas for saving my Ironman run when 1.30.6 came out.

Alright, summer's coming. Time to leave the game.
See all you history nerds in winter :)

• 7Like
Reactions:
Revolutionary France end game.

I was going to finish off Venice there but they joined a coalition right after the truce ended and it consisted of Brandenburg, Spain, Morocco and Tunis and none of my allies other than Trier were willing to join, and that's with Scandinavia owing me 10 favors for helping them just two yeas prior...

Either way, one of my best games with France.

Was really close to getting the Big Blue Blob achievement (had 93 provinces by 1500) due to inheriting Burgundy early on.
Eventually as I was locked in there, I decided to attack the HRE, so I allied pretty much all the electors, Austria figured me out and allied 2 of them. I attacked. I barely had to control 3 provinces in that war and made sure none of the other electors would be there, only had Denmark help me there iirc, which was good help with Sweden and Norway as junior partners.
Managed to dismantle the HRE, but eventually lost the war, just losing a couple of provinces though.

In the meanwhile, I was busy beating the English and eventually got a few American provinces from them, which I kept till the end.

Then Austria had a succession crisis in which I had to beat... England again! It was too easy at that point, but Austria's liberty desire never dropped below 50%.
England, Papal State, Morocco and even minors like Hamburg and Bremen supported their independence... and of course Russia!
I was lucky that they never declared an independence war and in the 1700s while battling Morocco I simply got news that they were integrated, so that was very welcome news.

france1.png

france2.PNG

How do people complete the BBB achievement or the Better than Napoleon one? :D Let alone world conquest... damn, it's too hard!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Height of the 2nd Malian Empire.

xAfQ9dy.png

uETywBB.png

End product of a Abu Bakr II's Ambition run. I actually got this achievement about 200 years ago, but I decided to keep playing as I was enjoying myself. Thoughts going into this was that West Africa position is pretty awful, but it has two big things going for it.
1. You are closer to SA than anyone else.
2. The Ivory Coast Trade Node is one of the best nodes in the game. Being the next point on from the South African one and sits on the only trade route in South America that doesn't go via the Caribbean. It really helps with this achievement, being able to actually reap the rewards of your investment in South America.
Thoughts about Mali.
1. Your ruler and heir are trash.
2. You start pre-Feudal.
3. You are arguably the Strongest Nation in the region.
4. You are isolated from the rest of the world, for at least a while, so AE is only a problem if you really mismanage it.
5. You start with 2 of the 3 Gold Provinces in the region and can get the third very quickly.
6. You're Sunni, but you are an Autocracy. A fairly unique situation as far as I'm aware.
7. You start with the -10% dev cost school.
Point 1,2 & 5 are what make this a challenge. MP is everything, so having to dev up twice within the 1400s is bad enough, but unless you do this well, you are going to end up behind your neighbours, tech wise, even with the institutions. Secondly you need Dip to get Exploration going and that can be a tall order if you are trying to get dev up two institutions. The thing that compounds this even further is that the Gold Mines are a blessing and curse. You'll earn more money, but inflation will rise rapidly, even more so if you are unlucky like me and you don't roll any inflation reduction advisers.

What does all this mean? You have two strats in my mind.
1. Focus on locking down West Africa. Ignore everything else, just focus on taking over the region as fast as possible, prioritising the Ivory Coast. This is the safest bet, because once you've dealt with your neighbours, you're free to build up as much as you want and start expanding against Europeans.
2. You go all in on deving up early on and you try to spawn Colonialism. Going for this means very little expansion into your region, but if you get the institution, you hamstring your Europeans Colonial rivals and are free to gobble up South America.
Both have pros & cons, but I went with Option 2, as the payoff would have been great.

You can see where I'm going with this. Despite being the only person with a colony in the Americas, it spawned in Lisbon. :(

My early game was focused on using Show Strength as much as possible. Every rival, every truce that ended, I immediately went to war to use Show Strength. It worked most of the time, but due to all the deving, I found myself falling behind my neighbours in tech. It was riskier than I would have liked, but by 1490, I had 230dev and caught up in Feudalism & Renascence. I got Exploration and started colonising Brazil. As I mentioned, Colonialism didn't spawn, but I was steadily catching up with Europeans in Tech, so I wasn't too upset.

By 1520 I was the tech leader of the world and had started expanding into both West Africa & the La Plata colonial region. Unfortunately the Portuguese were colonising there with a passion. Sensing the end of my 2nd colony I started planning a war with Portugal. I don't usually play in this region, so I wasn't sure how well this early aggression against the Europeans would go. One thing that surprised me was how big a navy I could build. My deving up of coastal provinces and my colony was giving way more than I expected. The war went super well and I took all the Portuguese Colonies in SA.

Things just snowballed from there. With both regions mostly locked down, I was free to eat natives and lock down the remaining regions.

My goal after getting the achievement was to take control of all West Africa and the Ivory Coast Trade node. The downside of not going into West Africa sooner, some of the nations there put up way more of a fight than I expected. The positive, they deved up their provinces a bit. It got me thinking and now I want to develop West Africa as the developed area in the world. Europe is about 20-24 on average, my aim is to try and get most of the West African region to 30dev before the end of the game.

2lpnq1y.png

I took the Philippines from Todo at one point and I have control over a couple of islands in Scotland, just cuz.

I wanted to share now as in the next 30 years, I'm probably going to let my colonies rebel and see what happens.

I had fun with this game, I defiantly feel like I'm getting better at the game. If anyone can recommend any fun achievements for me to go for, please send them my way.

• 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
20210405091944_1.jpg

The Rajas have been united, the wars against the timurids won. Two empires control india while the ming explodes. They know that one must die for the other to live, but war is but a distant future for now. Until the bengali sultanate is destroyed, however...but until then..

Mewar, Mewar never changes.

• 5Like
Reactions:
My spanish run
Sin título.png

I know it isn't very impressive but I'm proud of it since it is my first iron man campaign. I had some troubles annexing Portugal, which led to Morocco eating most of west Africa before I turned my attention to them, which resulted in them being strong and having good allies to the point that I couldn't be bothered until very late game when I smashed them to take their coastline and stop their raidings. And Russia decided to rival me instead of allying me against the Ottomans, which led to both the Ottomans and Bukhara completely destroying them. It was a pretty fun playthrough tbh

• 5Like
Reactions:
Getting back into EU4, and started things off by giving one of my favourite tags a try:

eu4_345.png

I'm mostly content with my earlygame, though I think instead of going Defensive second I should go Humanist second instead for the Age of Reformation bonus points.

Unfortunately, unrecoverable bad RNG means the campaign has to be shelved.

Perhaps un-nerf Jaunpur one of these days, Paradox?

• 3Like
Reactions:
I think I still owe you the final borders of my Forever Golden Run:

eu4_382.png

Bohemia and Commonwealth are PU subjects, Australia is Sunni and Egyptian. I also love that beautiful big Bahmanis that would've formed Deccan if they weren't the most backwards country in the world.

Alredy working on my next campaign though. It was time to ... chin up.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Here are a couple of runs :

There's a France into roman Empire,

This was a really fun run although very very much a power fantasy given that I was essentially unstoppable from the 15 hundreds onward since I had Spain and Italy under vassalage/P.U.

Still need reload the save before I formed roman empire in order to do the better than napoleon achievement,

20210329233234_1.jpg

Here's the Great horde ==> Golden horde ==> Mongol empire

Also a reall powerfull run which was a lot of fun too, after looking at the timelapse though I would avoid the mongol empire and rush for india to be able to blob out of control quicker (yet I wanted that achievement).

eu4_4.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
My first WC. Started as England. Medium difficulty

Unbenannt.jpg

I was trying to conquer Africa fast. Besides my original goal was the Anglophile achievment. I decided to try a WC after PUing a strong Russia at around 1700.

Unbenannt.jpg

Some subjects not integrated. Subjects and me fielding around 5 Million troops.

Unbenannt.jpg

It was not really that tedious, but the game was lagging more and more towards the end. Still no game played till 1821 ; )

• 5Like
Reactions:
My first WC. Started as England. Medium difficulty

View attachment 705965

I was trying to conquer Africa fast. Besides my original goal was the Anglophile achievment. I decided to try a WC after PUing a strong Russia at around 1700.

View attachment 705971

Some subjects not integrated. Subjects and me fielding around 5 Million troops.

View attachment 705975

It was not really that tedious, but the game was lagging more and more towards the end. Still no game played till 1821 ; )
What's your religion ?

What's your religion ?
I chose Anglican. I think it might be required for the "Anglophile" achievment; but not sure.

I quite like the Stability and Ducats, I could get for the churchpower. Most of Europe (except Russia and Scandinavia) and the Americas are converted to Anglican. Asia and Africa is all tradecompany-land and left unconverted.

Reactions:
I've played on and off for the last months, and with the upcoming release of the new patch (and some very promising changes), I rushed the end of all my current runs (and my AAR save). I'm really not in the mood of doing map painting anymore, but I grabbed some nice achievements, had some unique games (especially one as Morocco where I went full naval and captured 3 flagships and sunk hundreds of ships over the World). The last one was probably the most enjoyable and relaxing, and something I had thought about for a while.

4ZCcXES.png

Getting Idea Guy as Manokwari, a small 1/1/1 province westernmost of Papua New Guinea. The idea is pretty simple, you conquer Ternate and Tidore asap, and you go from their starting position. The execution was trickier because they now actually get allies (forgive me, they did not around 2017) but I managed to conquer both of them, and went in a full peaceful and isolationist colonizing spree for over 100 years, and then I started expanding again to control trade.

g4zUQqg.png

A zoom on my glorious starting province, boosted to 10 dev but starting as 3. Its only asset is really that it borders 2 of the best provinces in the game.

Expanding was not part of the plan, but we still reached a decent development.
Q6gNQAR.png

A comparison of the incomes. Most of ours is not trade, but production. Malacca allied to Spain, and I don't need to finish them to get the achievement, although that would obviously significantly boost my trade income. I'm still happy with what I have:
5qv19e8.png

You'll notice that our income is a lot higher than all these uncivilized militarist nations,even if some of them are higher on the "Great Power" list. What defines a great power exactly if not your ability to drown in precious goods?

tojqlYD.png

And indeed we produce precious goods. This is a typical 10 development 4 production province, but the amount of goods produced we have means it's actually as good as a 20 production province without any bonus.
JuMybBf.png

And that's before getting Quantity as an idea group to add another 20% Goods Produced Policy, and way before coal appears.

So... What were the ideas you might ask? I actually only used about 500 points, some of them would be considered pretty subpar. I went for 50% Admin and 50% Diplo ideas, 0 military ones when I designed the nation. Here is a list of all the meaningful bonuses:
sxEigAI.png

I started with a 6/6/6 ruler of 20 years old, which definitely helped in the early game. I was a Peasants Republic for some production efficiency and an early morale boost, and I literally always reelected. I used a lot of mil to strengthen government early on, but then I did not have to because of the Plutocratic-Economic policy, the final Government reform, and the finisher of my ideas.

I was Hindu and started with Tolerance of Heathens in traditions because all my early land was Animist, and also went for 0 native uprising as traditions. We actually land on all these Pacific islands to trade and be nice, that's not a joke, that's not a bait (I know it's hard to believe right). We integrate people peacefully in our prosperous trading egalitarian Republic, with extra native assimilation for more goods produced, development cost to boost every province to at least 10 dev, and economic boosts all around.

2 Colonists in idea too, this means I could colonize pretty much everything I wanted. I also went for a Parliament early on (I switched when Absolutism came) to have an extra colonist, so I had 4, and was running with 7 colonies most of the game. I locked every island in the Pacific and the Indian Ocean before the Europeans, and had started colonizing the North-West of America because I had ran out of things to do.

All idea groups are pretty obvious: I went influence because I used vassals to manage most of the land in Malacca and because Australia needs to be kept loyal (I developped them a lot, spammed manufactories in all their provinces, and they have 100% tariff so they're actually barely loyal and very strong).

Next idea group would have been Quantity for Quantity-Trade policy.

Because I was so focused on internal management and developpped, I could get that quite early:
opXIuH6.png

After 1600 I changed reforms (had already passed them all because of constantly having near 100 RT and 0% autonomy) to get more admin capacity and max absolutism, I have 85 max absolutism iirc, so it really does not feel like a Republic.

A few final screenshots to showcase my production and trade domination:

First a list of the local value of the trade nodes (how much money they create).
BAEj0Fa.png

My starting node of the Moluccas is first by far, Malacca is second and would be a lot richer if I owned all of it and waited for prosperity. Philippines place decently well for an usually bad node. Note that I only put manufactories in good trade goods, went for extra manpower in the fish/grain ones just in case I needed it. Those numbers could be higher.

And here is our control of the various goods:
7NtHGjz.png

If I played it longer it would probably lead to absurd numbers, but that would kill the enjoyment as it now very clearly points into a regular blobbing campaign if I want to gain more income. This is an achievement I wanted to get for a long time. It's not especially hard, but I love the numerous paths you can take.

My original plan with Manokwari actually started over 3 years ago, because they were in Oceania and could TC all of Asia. It was meant to be a One Tag abusing the TCs and only having one state to culture shift and abuse Nationalism CB, but then bbq (I think it was him) did the exact same thing before me so I buried the idea. Quite fun for me to see that I kept that love for Manowkari even if the campaign went in a completely different direction, with obviously completely different idea choices.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions:
I tried the African Power achievement many times since it came out. It truly was very hard when you had to westernize before you could expand out of the Kongo area. Over the years I started and aborted many runs, sometimes simply to update EU4. On January 2nd this year, I started yet another run, mostly to test a few ideas, not thinking I would finish the run. Well I did finish it this time, it is a lot easier nowadays.

The end result of my African Power run.

eu4_1.png

I went full colonizer, I sent my first colonist in 1472 and I had the whole Ivory Coast/Cape area colonized by 1530, long before any europeans showed up. I made a single colony in Brazil since the natives lined up nicely for a quick colonial nation, in case I did not spawn colonialism. Later I added a colony in the Plata area, in case I needed some range that way. After I noticed the new Polynesian triangle node, I realized a lot of America's trade could be pulled my way, but it was too late to grab Mexico. I did make 2 colonial nations on the west coast of America.

Portugal is the only non African country to ever get some land in Africa. They surprised me by taking Tarza from Mali and then they broke their alliance with Spain. They had no other allies, so I quickly took Tarza back, and returned the 4 provinces they took from Morocco. From that point, I allied Morocco and Mameluk to make sure they would not loose provinces to inconvenient enemies.

I spent a lot of time and ressources in building a good source of income in India and Indonesian. It turned out to be way more than I needed to comple the achievement. A quick look at my trade income.

eu4_8.png

I made good use of the new buildings for manpower and sailors. I was always number 3 for force limit, behind Ming and Ottoman, but I was number 1 for manpower.

eu4_6.png

A look at my expenses. I spent a lot on forts, way more than necessary. I put all the African province in a fort ZOC, just because. :)

eu4_5.png

I have so much cash on hand because I stopped building anything while waiting to core the last 7 provinces. I was also aiming Hoarder achievement, which I got in 1535. Staying a fetishist country, I saw no reason to reform my government.

My ideas were exploration, expansion, humanist, quantity and quality. I was going to take maritime next, just because :)

Oh, while looking over the map to grab some pictures, I noticed that I could grab Lolland, to complete the laughingstock achievement, so I got thta one out of the way too. All in all, a fun run.

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I'm in an EU4 mood with the upcoming new patch, so I'm back with another game, more traditional but equally enjoyable.

AAQ Persia End.png

Very Hard AQ into Persia. I could have expanded a lot more (I'm nowhere near my admin capacity limit because I'm economic Hegemon and built courthouses) but I like those borders. I spent the last 50 years fighting majors for fun and helping my allies, but I'll probably end it here because this is now clearly too easy.

Abyssinia and Libya are my Client States that I did around 1700 when I still lacked admin capacity. Nogai and Afghanistan are old allies, I fed them Muscovy and that AI Bukhara because why not.

Otherwise, I've obviously been ally to the Ottomans early on to break the Mamluks and get some protection, but I rivalled them as soon as I could to keep things challenging.

Eastern Europe was super dynamic: Poland chose local noble, Lithuania crushed Muscovy with the help of Poland, but then Sweden got a PU on Poland and Muscovy bounced back because Lithuania was now alone. I allied Muscovy for a while, then Sweden (mostly to prevent coalitions because I had tons of AE around 1650) but then I rivalled them too once I felt safer. I played the last 70 years or so only allied to Nogai and Afghanistan.

I'm on track for moneycap if I want to, even if I have 40 level 8 forts (I make 2k ducats a month) and I was on track for WC until 1700, but that wasn't my plan. I just wanted to have a nice challenging campaign with constant threats and it delivered: one of my early wars against the Mamluks was super tense because the Ottomans had 2 20k stacks bugged and not moving, so I had to pretty much 1v1 the Mamluks with 30k vs 70k, and I managed to whitepeace. My first 2 wars against the Ottomans were also glorious.

Recent wars have been pretty underwhelming: I stomped Sweden twice even if I did not take any land (I love their borders too much) and I blitzed Revolutionary France to crush the Revolution. It's sad to see that huge stable VH AIs still don't upgrade their forts. With my 4 siege generals and Napoleonic warfare, they pretty much all fall in one tick. I also had absurd quality: I kept AQ ideas because they're better for SP (RCC, notably, but also top-tier military bonuses, almost as good as Persian ideas) and went Aristocratic, Defensive, Offensive, Quantity (with Religious, Admin, and Trade because I made no trade company and needed merchants, and also why not). I had 100% Professionalism and 100 AT, 2 more morale than Revolutionary France, and 1M men.

Here is how things looked when I formed Persia. Things were quite tense until that point with both the Ottomans and the Mamluks my rivals, but after that it quickly snowballed.
Formed Persia.png

That was a pretty unique campaign with many very weird events.
Aragon got a PU on Castile in 1448, France contested and lost. That led to complete chaos in the west with a very weak France for long (even if they came back), a very late Castile, so a very dominant Portugal who seized Granada and got basically 50 years of free colonization before any other European arrived. Castile never formed Spain, and only has one colonial nation in the Americas (Louisiana), but they went ham in Africa and SEA to compensate.
In the HRE, Austria lost the League War and was eventually annexed. The entire HRE turned Protestant/Reformed, and France was also Reformed. Catholicism was still strong with both GB and Sweden Catholic.
In Asia, Ming was on the verge of collapsing for over 100 years before finally losing Mandate to AI Qing, but they did not really explode. They're a loyal tributary of Qing for the last 100 years, while Qing is allied to Bukhara (I fought them too to feed Nogai and Afghanistan).

Overall, very enjoyable until 1700, a bit boring after that because I had too much quality, and because AIs can't upgrade forts.

• 6Like
Reactions:
great horde.png

Tried Great Horde to get a couple of achievements and got 9. Finished all of the missions although not in the proper way.
As I was inexperienced I was late with conquering Crimea so Ottos got a couple of provinces. Luckily I managed to ally them so they helped me only in the initial war with Muscovite, most of other wars I was fighting alone.

achie1.png

achie2.png

I was late with conquering Muscovite and had to nibble them next 200 years. Timurid was quite a power next to me so I had to conquer northern provinces that didnt bring that much money. When I was finishing Oirat I conquered Ming and they dissolved after that, so China was up for grabs. After Muscovite I was warring mostly with Timurids and Chinese with few excursions in the Scandinavia, Arabia and Africa.

great powers.png

In the end I decided to try to get those Crimean provinces from Ottos and rivaled them so they broke alliance. I used their small ally to get them in the war when they were fighting someone in the west. The rest of the powers came on the Ottos so I got my Pontic steppe provinces for The Great Khan achievement.

The last war was against Commonwealth to finish that mission "Ruin Ruthenia". I succeeded with it, but while I was fighting the rest of their allies Ottos declared war to revenge on my treason. But as I had a lot of money, manpower and armies(1/3 of theirs) I managed to marginaly win and get a couple more provinces.
In the end I turned to Golden Horde and Mongol Empire.

golden horde.png

mongol empire.png

And thats it.
It was nice game I learned a lot and made tone of mistakes, but that usually comes together.
I am still missing that Gold Rush achievement for forming Golden Horde before 1500y but Im not yet sure do I want to try once again straight away or Ill wait.

EDIT: Luristan was my vassal I had some more but they were useless, or I didnt know how to make them do what I want, bah...

• 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Returning to one of my long-time favorites! This is a fairly low-pressure Trebizond into Byz game I just finished, earning the "Komnenoi Empire" (Empire government rank as Trebizond) and "Redecorating" (Orthodox Metropolitan in Rome) achievements along the way. I was lucky enough to get a PU with a chunky Commonwealth in the 1600s. I expanded into the Middle East and Central Asia, and mostly left Western Europe alone until the very late game.

This was a really fun campaign and I'm pretty satisfied with my fairly clean borders. Played in 1.30 of course.

Client states: Varangia and Arabia Felix.

Allies: GB, Delhi and several HRE electors.

I tried to convert as many HRE princes to orthodox as I could, hoping to get elected, but it didn't pan out. At this point I have 3-4 electors *almost* voting for me, but the +50 "Large state in HRE" bonus that Bohemia and a few others get, has so far proved challenging to overcome. I was also sort of hoping to get "God Tier"(tier 5 non-Catholic or Sunni DotF), but stalled at about 30 Orthodox nations.

LsjsjOW.jpg

Earlier in the campaign:

ZcSsZyW.jpg

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: