• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Trebyzond to Byzantium is the way to go ! Varangia is a great touch.

Here is my Perm achievement with an ugly Moscovy's PU that I kept for border gore to prove my point (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/important-about-perm.1467947/) :

perm.png

I had fun with that one, although colonizing with regular Perm ideas was tidious ! Got my independance with Great Horde help then I allied Mucovy and they became my personnal attack dog !

• 6Like
Reactions:
Really wanted to try out the new DLC (yeah I know its full of bugs) but I wanted to check out the new features etc for myself.

My first time playing in Africa and went for Morocco into Andalusia. It was not a easy start but managed to get France as a ally and used them to beat down on the Castile/Aragon/Portugal/England alliance a few times. I really should have just weakened them from the start instead of following my missions and going for Central Africa. I wanted to take all of Africa but I was a too slow and the Ottomans started to take out the Mamluks so I left them with Egypt but was also too slow at going for the lands below Egypt so went with these borders instead. I also had all of Brazil as a CN after taking it from Portugal but I took their development and let them go as France was wanting all their land and alliance was going to break (they never even bothered to attack them)... Unfortunately my game keeps crashing as I unpause it from this date. The only bug I've had with the new DLC so far. Loving that I allied Tunis and used them to help me fight for the first 40 ish years then broke my alliance and attacked them after using favors to get them to reduce their opinion of ottomans so they can't ally each other lol

1620185330789.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
Zoroastrian Fars. Because Yellow Fars is Better Fars.

Also probably the best name placement I ever achieved. It's truly magnificent.

And yeah, AI Austria went a little crazy.

20210511171718_1.jpg

• 14Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
81ADBA2A4F8CEF9B9EDF728857CC152359FECBF5

Enjoying a nice little casual game as Jaunpur > Delhi > Nepal. Will probably go for Hindustan once I mop up which probably takes about 40-50 more years I estimate. Gujarat is next on the menu. They have been one of my more reliable allies but I need their trade.

eu4_171.png

I went for African Power achievement (and quick Hoarder on my way). My "gold medal goal" was to get it before 1600 sadly with coring time I got it in 1603. Yet it's probably one of the most satisfying ending map I ever got.

• 14Like
Reactions:
81ADBA2A4F8CEF9B9EDF728857CC152359FECBF5

Enjoying a nice little casual game as Jaunpur > Delhi > Nepal. Will probably go for Hindustan once I mop up which probably takes about 40-50 more years I estimate. Gujarat is next on the menu. They have been one of my more reliable allies but I need their trade.
Nepal worth it for the missions or ideas?

there's not many missions available so it's definately the ideas. For mission trees, you're better off forming Nepal as soon as possible and perhaps then switch to Delhi for the superior mission tree. After that, you can either go Mughals or Hindustan depending on what might be better. Mughals will require another culture change though.

Here is my ongoing Switzerlake Run, where "AE is just a number"

This is after a first coalition war that was crushed, Allies are Poland-Lithuania, Hungary, Spain and Papal States, with Barrois, Genova and Strya as vassals.

France was a temporary ally before, and the first coalition fired because Strya asked for my help against Venice which was allied to France.

One thing bugs me till no end: the Von Habsburg spreading their tainted seed throughout Europe: I need to get rid of them for my last Swiss mission and their lineage, besides in that crippled shadow of Austria, is on the thrones of Brandeburg, Frisia, and another couple of minors, as well as in high standing in the Polish electorate.

20210512234013_1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:

This is after a first coalition war that was crushed, Allies are Poland-Lithuania, Hungary, Spain and Papal States, with Barrois, Genova and Strya as vassals.

France was a temporary ally before, and the first coalition fired because Strya asked for my help against Venice which was allied to France.

One thing bugs me till no end: the Von Habsburg spreading their tainted seed throughout Europe: I need to get rid of them for my last Swiss mission and their lineage, besides in that crippled shadow of Austria, is on the thrones of Brandeburg, Frisia, and another couple of minors, as well as in high standing in the Polish electorate.

View attachment 718678
You could try become rev Republic then spreading the revolution to those Hapsburgs

Reactions:

View attachment 718678
Full AE Switzerlake best Swtizerlake. Throwback to the one I did 3 years ago:
xVkVqql.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions:
Full AE Switzerlake best Swtizerlake. Throwback to the one I did 3 years ago:
xVkVqql.jpg

This is golden!

Do you suggest leaving the Empire and screw over the Emperor in every war towards an HRE member?

Considering this, I need to check if, in the current coalition there are also ALL the electors, because if they are, I'll dismantle the Empire for the first time, and it's going to be glorious

My little Delhi:p. Quite fun game starting as Delhi, becoming the Indian powerhouse and then invading China and Korea.
1620936048529.png

However, this empire is as big as backward.:) I couldn't manage to obtain enough admin points to core all. Corruption crippled me all the game because I didn't develop institutions.

1620936302408.png

Some great Ottos all on their own (more than 3000 dev and still conquering Ethiopia and more):
1620936090982.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
At one point you need to stop expanding for a while to get back in admin tech with the Spy Network bonus. Not having Admin 17 and Admin 23 costs you so much admin points long term and slows down your expansion because you lack admin capacity anyway.

For Switzerlake the HRE behaved differently back when I did it. But I dismantled the Empire at one point iirc. Very hard for me to remember everything, I just know AE was through the roof and fighting coalition wars was hilarious.

• 1Like
Reactions:
At one point you need to stop expanding for a while to get back in admin tech with the Spy Network bonus. Not having Admin 17 and Admin 23 costs you so much admin points long term and slows down your expansion because you lack admin capacity anyway.

For Switzerlake the HRE behaved differently back when I did it. But I dismantled the Empire at one point iirc. Very hard for me to remember everything, I just know AE was through the roof and fighting coalition wars was hilarious.

I'm just after my second coalition war and having gobbled up a little bit of France to release Gascony and about to use Gascony cores for the second french war.

My whole HRE is either Protestand or loosely Reformed and I'm the only major Catholic punchbag in front of them.

It's nice being on the tech bleeding edge and deving your provinces to 20/21 when you're piling up mana points, and Swiss forts are a godsend: I'm legit considering taking Defensive as my next idea group, just for the lols

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'd like to present you a sighting of a very rare animal. the DeliSnake:
20210515152725_1.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions: