• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
eu4_map_SPA_1821_01_03_1.png

From a multiplayer we started a few months ago. Took forever.
I played Spain.

View attachment 419300
From a multiplayer we started a few months ago. Took forever.
I played Spain.

Multiplayer maps are so interesting. Was it a competitive MP game or more of a co-op? Who is that light blue nation in Central Asia? Kazakh? Was he a player? What about Japan, and that red nation in SE Asia? How many players were in this game?

France looks absolutely massive. Was there any endgame wars? It looks like you would be making absolutely insane amounts of money by your colonial empire...

Multiplayer maps are so interesting. Was it a competitive MP game or more of a co-op? Who is that light blue nation in Central Asia? Kazakh? Was he a player? What about Japan, and that red nation in SE Asia? How many players were in this game?

France looks absolutely massive. Was there any endgame wars? It looks like you would be making absolutely insane amounts of money by your colonial empire...
More co-op than competitive. Light blue was Transoxiana (spelling?).
France was an unbeatable war machine, but never bothered colonizing. When he destroyed England, I could easily steal all American colonies.

End ranking was:
1. France
2. Spain
3. Ottomans (was quite strong until last 100 years were all countries went to war with them and destroyed it)
4. Commonwealth (France and Commonwealth kept fighting each other for the last 100 years)
5. England

Biggest armies where France, Commonwealth, Scandinavia, Persia, Spain
Biggest navy Spain, Scandinavia, France, (don't know who else)

My biggest surprises where Scandinavia, Friesland, Scotland and Mamluks colonizing so much. Friesland and Mamluks were easy to steal colonies from. Never got around to Scotland or Friesland.

eu4_107.png

It's a bit humbling to present this when the first post of the page is a WC from the same start, but here's Great -> Golden Horde -> Mongols, earning me the Gold Rush and the Great Khan achievements. Also the Trade Hegemon one - I'm was a bit surprised that I never randomly picked that one up in a previous run. Also not the I'll Graze My Horse achievement and I'm still a bit salty about that. I literally missed that one because I didn't let one day tick by before forming the Mongol Empire when I conquered the last required provinces from the Ming, which put me above 200 grain/livestock provinces as well - achievements don't register if you don't let a day pass while fulfilling the requirements. Completely my own fault, of course (the achievement tooltip specifically mentions the "Steppe Nomad" reform and not "Great Mongol State"), but I'm still salty about that. ;)
I could let the game run for another 15-20 years to get Turning the Tide, but I'm sure I'll have a Horde game at some point that reaches the 18th century naturally.
Semien and Danzig are the two vassals that I haven't integrated yet (and I never really bothered feeding Danzig tbh), while the Ottomans have been my ally for the entire game - only defensively, because they considered all the interesting wars to be to distant, but still very handy as a coalition deterrent. I suspect that the alliance is fairly close to breaking despite 100 trust, though, since Irritated over Claims modifiers are starting to tank my opinion of them.

Anyway, to go through the timeline a little bit: I conquered the required provinces from Muscovy in 1467 with a tech 6 rush - still a fairly tough war since they had roughly twice my numbers, but we all know how the AI reacts to a full-CW stack. ;) At that point, I had already eaten Crimea (who had allied Otto, but they got a Malovolent ruler, allowing me to attack Crimea directly) and a little bit beyond the Caucasus (with Georgia and Biapas holding onto the land), but it still took me until 1482 to get the last few provinces for the GH formation off the other hordes.

After that, I took the only officially sanctioned path and snaked towards India through Transoxiana (who broke free from Timmy, but didn't grow at all afterwards) and the Timurids (who dealt with the lost independence war pretty well and actually survived for quite a while despite my regular wars against them), while also slowly feeding Muscovy to Ryazan and Novgorod (which is such an amazing vassal for that region).

I started bordering Ming in 1610, at which point I was mostly done conquering India (Vijay and Mewar were still two wars large) and completely done further westwards - I did grab a bit of Arabia and East Africa while I was waiting for truces with Ming to expire, but Muscovy was completely gone and Persia pretty much secured, so I could do the "100% peace deal -> attack trib and WP" cycle with Ming very consistently.

And then I formed the Mongol Empire, completely wrecking my economy (I think my income went down by at least 60%) and denying myself the I'll Graze My Horse achievement, which caused me to take a little break from EU4. ;) Afterwards, I didn't really bother to play efficiently anymore - just eat away at Ming and a couple small wars elsewhere, but I actually had some peaceful eras of two or even three years! ;)

Final note: It's kinda weird that you have to take Exploration for the Great Khan achievement, isn't it? i just took it at tech 22 (previous idea groups were Offensive, Humanist, Admin, Influence, Espionage) at which point it didn't matter all that much anyway, but it's still weird to me that you totally need those three uncolonized provinces in order to call yourself the Great Khan. :D

True Heir of Timur - by the skin of my teeth. Kachar was the last province/war but with a couple of months left I realised I only had 99 WS on him due to him having control of my provinces. Just about managed to get an army there on time to desiege. Also, I finished with -991 dip :cool:
5LOba5K.jpg

d1fd9299-89d2-488b-b167-54cbe1dd99d6

Shogunate is a very different type of World Conquest, I had to stay at war constantly or all the daimyos started declaring war on each other! The bordergore and lag got ridiculous (4 million + vassal swarm), but I enjoyed this one and got my 3 Mountains. :)

eu4_147.png

First time playing with a Horde. I felt like I was playing with infinite monarch points. Post-war coring was so easy thanks to overextension getting reduced after razing everything. It will be hard to play without Horde mechanics.

20181126004812_1.jpg

GH to Mongol Empire:

A bit of OE:

The art in the "Separatist Sentiment" tooltip, is that art from a DLC? I have most DLCs but I'm surprised at that since I've never seen that image.

You only need Empire Rank, right? The glorious People's Republic! Why take when you can build?

May I ask what mod you are using?

Austria achievements run:
F6747975E5B7D0D96C056DEA357FA0B289A1DEE3

01E9F23E562D674E7FE1907E705DED9316A024C5

Luther's nightmare:
562F1CD5982C7ADC3DC463EF78928BFAE292A17C

The electable achievement really shouldn't be available for a country that starts as emperor.