• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Middle east Situation

A007489CD0C776112C2E5A6B6D6C50A8C6204E05
I believe the biggest mystery here is why Sicily owns Tunis, Tripoli, the Nile Delta. and most of Anatolia INCLUDING CONSTANTINOPLE. Also the situation with the Knights

Reactions:
I believe the biggest mystery here is why Sicily owns Tunis, Tripoli, the Nile Delta. and most of Anatolia INCLUDING CONSTANTINOPLE. Also the situation with the Knights

Tunis had Sicily due to help from Ottos. When the Ottyderps were covered in rebels the papal states led a crusade against them and most of Tunis given to Sicily and knights released.

Ottos stayed rebel ridden for whole game so both Sicily and knights casually are them!

475E63980B16500338CCD0D0F06541AB154DBFF7

My first game as a new world nation and with the new and improved RWG. I liked the new New World and my location was quite nice, I ended up controlling 24% of the fur trade because there were so many fur provinces in the new North. But it was soooo boring. As you can see, I had the ELEVENST largest army and TWELVEND highest income :p

eu4_map_PUE_1821_01_01_1.png

I'm the baby poop colour in the upper left corner.

First 1.14 game.
Great Republic of Russia.
B38575604446286C1520B8B075EBC3907003A793

Georgia, Armenia, Manch and Liang are marches.
Poland is ally since the very beginning. They decided not to form union with Lithuania, but got them under PU in 18th century. This slowed down my fight with Muscovy - I couldn't call Poland due to "distant war", but allowed me to eat part of Lithuania myself without losing alliance with Poland.
505EF00E76F4BC40BEEA03402F3445D0511B576F

Armies, note that my march Manchu has 4th largest army in the world (I've helped them a little bit by killing a lot of Ottomans during last two years of the game).
052A95C695DBFD292B46360DDF756BC7E82F547E

My first game in 1.14: Ottoman achievement run (Dar al-Islam & That's a Silk Road).
As I didn't colonize this time, I decided to make a different kind of map, showing my expansion step by step:

Kebab_finished.png

Tried to keep the borders as clean as possible but failed miserably - China, I'm looking at you :p
The new alliance system is fun - I managed to keep an alliance with France the whole game, making blobbing in Europe far too easy despite a massive Russia (almost historical borders) and kamikaze Austria who ate most of Germany and still kept the emperor title...
Ming was the lategame boss, having conquered most of Indochina and eastern India. I almost lost the first war 'cuz I'd underestimated them and even the second one was painful until I just started throwing around 200 000 mercs at them :p
Oh, and threaten war is amazing - all of the italien provinces you see (sans Sicily) and most of my Iberian holdings were won that way, greatly reducing the micro-management of fighting on all fronts.

Reactions:
50A224ACFAC45C5CBAF622E9CF4D993A7AA3CC00

Very much a work in progress, but I suscept that Pate might be the best way to do "Third way" (Eradicate Sunni and Shia, as Ibadi), as Mzab have a to difficult start with Tunis, Tlemcen and Mamluks looking hungrily at them, and Oman is blocked by easy expansion by Qara, Timurids/Persia and Mamluks while they hate your guts before you can prove them wrong.

Currently Colonizing my way across the Indian sea, with the intention of settling in Indonesia to open another flank. I had two 10-year periods where all my neighbors was allied with much stronger guys than i could handle, even with whomever i managed to ally myself, once against Abuujan with Hejaz and Oman as allies, and later on with Ethiopia and Mehri Bahri being strong allies. In the Previous one Marehan (my ally) decided to bite the apple themselves, inviting me and luckily everyone decided that Yemen (their other ally) was the place to be, so i managed to siege down as much as possible before Yemen was knocked out of the war, and peaced out myself with a couple of provinces when they turned their attention (and three times as large army) my direcion, the second alliance (just broken) was done by Ethiopia deciding that Funj was a juicy target, forgetting that Mamluks was their ally, and i declared first on Hobyo (had been forced to release them in a failed attempt earlier) to pull Oman into another war, and ganged up on Mehri Bahri as soon as Ethiopia was to sieged down to be willing to help.

After my Indonesian flank is opened and i've blocked the coastline in south Africa, i'm intending to colonize up the west African coast so i can get a third flank opened in western subsaharan Africa.

Also... Don't mind if i do
BADF05EFA8E538BBD608F580EEB444C89FAB2CB1

Reactions:
My humble Switzerlake run. Probably the most pretty piece of map painting I have ever done.

FT0MCw8.png

0eNaSjx.png

One thing I noticed in this game, if you have no ports the only nations that will join a coalition against you are those you directly border. Exploiting this allowed me to annex the HRE in around 120 years, it then took 150 years to take out France due to 15 year truces :( . Also AE maxes out at -1000, who knew! Last thing, vassals have really wonky priorities, I fed East Frisia 150% OE when wiping out the Netherlands, after 50 years and millions of dead rebels he hadn't cored a single province, instead he was buying stab but because of OE, low RT and -3 stab the cost would have been massive. Instead of addressing the root cause of his low stab my vassal ended up in a vicious cycle, in the end I let rebels break him and then reconquered the land but this is a serious flaw if all AI's behave in this manner.
What? The only nations that will join a coalition are those that i border if i don't have a port? In my Frankfurt run, something messy happened. My rival for the most of the game was Nassau, who conquered a lot of land from Cologne, which they previously cored. Later, I vassalized Cologne, and in a war against Nassau fed nearly all of his province to Cologne, since they were his cores. I ended up getting a lot of OE, don't know why, and nearly all of Europe joined a coalition against me, except for my vassals Ansbach and Cologne, and my allies Sweden,Bohemia and Poland (each of them became menacingly strong, and pretty pissed because of the OE as well, but i still kept the alliances, just barely), and a couple of other guys that are too far away to get hit by that OE. My question is, where did the OE come from, since i had no OE prior to the war against Nassau, and how did everyone join the coalition then?

What? The only nations that will join a coalition are those that i border if i don't have a port? In my Frankfurt run, something messy happened. My rival for the most of the game was Nassau, who conquered a lot of land from Cologne, which they previously cored. Later, I vassalized Cologne, and in a war against Nassau fed nearly all of his province to Cologne, since they were his cores. I ended up getting a lot of OE, don't know why, and nearly all of Europe joined a coalition against me, except for my vassals Ansbach and Cologne, and my allies Sweden,Bohemia and Poland (each of them became menacingly strong, and pretty pissed because of the OE as well, but i still kept the alliances, just barely), and a couple of other guys that are too far away to get hit by that OE. My question is, where did the OE come from, since i had no OE prior to the war against Nassau, and how did everyone join the coalition then?
That post was a while ago - the specifics of AE and coalitions have probably been changed in one of the more recent patches.

Reactions:
So let me tell you a legendary story, of a survivor.
eu4_map_RUS_1536_11_01_1.png
If you look at this map, you can see a giant green blob, Russia (That was me). The game started out completely normal, i started as Muscovy, and just decided for regular blobbing, not something too fancy, maybe try to convert Europe to Russian culture and Orthodox. This screenshot is about from 1540, i think. About 20 years into the game, i noticed something very,very odd. Theodoro ate almost all of Crimea(the nation) and Genoa's small little provinces there. I just stood there, for 2 hours watching that and asking myslef: how? Soon after, even though i was astonished by the fact that Theodoro not just survived, it expanded, i went on to destroy it. That's why it only has 2 provinces in this map (as you can see, they're small, but they were 5 times bigger). You may even see that the Ottomans are completely destroyed. The reason is, i became defender of the faith, and the Ottomans attacked Moldavia. I came in, destroyed them and didn't take anything except for making them give Byzantium and Serbia their cores back, and release Albania, Bulgaria and some other little dudes. When our truce was up, i declared on them again just to make sure they released even more guys, and they wound up looking like they are now. There, i just wanted to share this epic story of a surviving, thriving empire of Theodoro (jk they never got to be empire) and of a fallen Ottoman empire, with a thousand exclaves and enclaves.

Here it is, relatively the easy way, One faith with France.

One-faith-03.jpg

One-faith-04.jpg

Here is religious situation in 1643.

One-faith-02.jpg

Couple of 1/1/5 rulers and civil war. Vassals in the last 200 years: Muscovy, Medri Bahri, Timurids and Najd. Two client states. One in central China, later integrated.

I have become an emperor of HRE in 1690's and force converted it all since every state in HRE (even Austria) went protestant.

Reactions:
Here it is, relatively the easy way, One faith with France.

View attachment 150617
View attachment 150618

Here is religious situation in 1643.

View attachment 150619

Couple of 1/1/5 rulers and civil war. Vassals in the last 200 years: Muscovy, Medri Bahri, Timurids and Najd. Two client states. One in central China, later integrated.

I have become an emperor of HRE in 1690's and force converted it all since every state in HRE (even Austria) went protestant.
Hooray for Mexico! Good ol Mexican empire borders

Reactions: