• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"achievement_ideas_guy = {
id = 167

possible = {
is_playing_custom_nation = yes
NOT = { num_of_custom_nations = 2 }
[...]
NOT = { nation_designer_points = 802 }"

Ideas Guy doesn't actually require you to use 800 points right now, it just gives you the option to if you so choose.

My Krabater run
6F75328CF07AD8B9E17A8BD64AC236E04D3DDF7E

0391D7B4C5803AC5E116C02C91BBC377F867E81C

19B0C8259BA520170E84AFE79BCF562561C1F26A

A12A7F5A183D46E4D34B084E7BACA3CC5721B468

620D1DE08EB0F5C7F553BB61CEDA9ECCEB02523B

F19036BD062188C3CEAC4AC4B173BEC59FB23834

A7A46A371A90082E433BFAAEB3CB3F8160728501
Started as Hungary and began culture converting everything to croatian. Waited for 150+ years as Hungary because I wanted to do the Take That von Habsburgs! achievent but Austria fell on a PU under Spain (but not for too long, was contested by France, the Pope and me) so they never got the dynasty back.

Also was my first catholic run. I always go for protestant when the reformation happens but I gotta say, being catholic is pretty good if you can get lots of cardinals.

As for colonies, I found pretty funny the New Holland on Oceania, almost like the real thing. The South American nations are the right culture (Castillian and Portuguese)

Wot. How did you do that. The first two require you to use only 200 points maximum, where ideas guy requires you to use 800 points :O

Yeah, at first I only planned to do First Come First Serve and For Odin but when I looked up the achievement requirement in game I saw that I was able to do Idea Guy as well.

beautiful

Here is my 100 years campaign from 1991 start of Extended timeline mods.

2RagAaL.jpg

South Korea stronk!

5DKXvAF.jpg

AI bonus + China was the 3.2mil monsters. I managed to achieve my personal goal - remove china, the last boss.

Cba08nb.jpg

The largest battle in the game - battle of Shenyang in which fight aginst 1.6 mil chinese army and kill 0.7 mil (!!) of them.

Fun limited development (less than 200, +1 each year played) multiplayer game.

Byzantium started as Venice, I started as the Knights. Opted to keep the Knights ideas over getting Jerusalems due to the Knights army tradition, +50% navy forcelimit (tied with Denmark for the most in the game), -2% revolt risk, etc.

Quite a few player threats early-mid game. Luckily randoms don't know how to deal with coalitions.

My claims: North America and half of Mexico
Genoese claims: Southern Mexico, South America, Caribbean.
Japanese claims: Unknown, likely California. Future enemy?
KtR6YDy.jpg

XNPPlhD.jpg

State at time of achievement: Albania or Iberia

KNUeje5.png

Albanian Empire at game's end. Led in my final days by my first 5 5 5 leader (spawned by event and the first not of my original dynasty)

einHKde.png

Restored the Pentarchy.

2ADFmSr.png

No PU's or anything like that. Very few A.I. friends as well (none for the last ~100 years). Austria was loyal for a very long time, until they got PU'ed by Sweden. And I wanted to control the whole Mediterranean anyway :)

BeONBCA.png

Reactions:
HF, that Prussia...

Reactions:
HF, that Prussia...
they HURT. I had ~600000 men during my main war with them (they allied France and the Ottomans and became defender of the faith :eek:) and I had a very elite army with 120% discipline and good generals, but I still needed to throw nearly my whole army into battles with a 3:1 ratio to win, and I experienced many stack wipes before I could even reinforce from adjacent provinces. Luckily I regained 7000 manpower a month.

they HURT. I had ~600000 men during my main war with them (they allied France and the Ottomans and became defender of the faith :eek:) and I had a very elite army with 120% discipline and good generals, but I still needed to throw nearly my whole army into battles with a 3:1 ratio to win, and I experienced many stack wipes before I could even reinforce from adjacent provinces. Luckily I regained 7000 manpower a month.
Storm troopers....ATTACK !!!! :p

Update from my Ultra Hard Papal State Game

It is now 1707 and I am still preparing to finally challenge the AI Ottoman blob to from the Kingdom of God. The Anti-Christ has 3500 development, 1000k army, 500k manpower and 300 ships. My current goal is conquering a colonial empire in Africa and America without ever taking any idea relating to colonisation or ships. For whatever reason Greater Britan cancelled our alliance so I am only left with Aragon.

dluc5biy.jpg

kwdmc46l.jpg

Lazy holiday Byzantium achievement. I restarted my Byzantium run on holiday because I had my laptop without the save file (it was on the desktop).

During my no-CB war with Serbia and Bosnia, the Ottomans declared on Genoa. This pulled in Austria and Hungary, who beat the Ottomans pretty soundly. This netted me two returned cores plus Albania, Epirus and Serbia (an Ottoman core; I had full annexed them) being released. Of course, I immediately conquered both nations giving me a corridor to my Bosnian and Serbian lands and waited for the truce timer to take out Serbia and Bosnia for good.

Shortly after--low on manpower--I thought I could take on the Ottomans mono y mono. I had the Balkans fully occupied, but their war machine recovery was too much. They pushed me back and due to a misclick, I ended up retreating a fight I shouldn't've and secured one province in the peace deal instead of the two I could have had.

Once I recovered, I was able to push through the Ottomans with the help of Austria and Hungary, and then later just Hungary (distant war penalty w/ Austria). It was pretty much over after my second war with them (i.e., my first joint-ally war) with regards to the Ottomans.

In that very first Ottoman-Austria-Hungary-Genoa war, Hungary was awarded Vidin. Luckily they came to the defense of Brandenburg during the Austrian conquest of some-land-or-another. I was able to start a fabrication and mark it as "strategically vital" before accepting the call-to-arms. Amazingly, in a separate peace deal with Hungary, Austria awarded me the province.

The final Genoese provinces (Scio and Cafa) were secured by declaring on the Papal States but ignoring the wargoal until I could separate peace Genoa for their provinces. I did this because Austria, Hungary, and the Papal States were Genoese allies and I didn't want to go against Austria--I opted for the Papal States-Hungary-Milan-Poland-Genoa vs. Austria-Byzantium war. :eek:

Best moment--threatening war on the Ottomans for a smoother northeast border.

byz.jpg

My rekindled Royal Fires. AI hordes being in a constant state of collapse makes this pretty trivial.

ltncYXy.jpg

Better borders after Timurid truce expired:

NLuD3kc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
My Sweden is not overpowered run. Most disgusting border gore in Eu and Middle east ever.

Really tense game for first 200 years due to tricky alliances. Then the Ottomans went into the constant rebel situation you can see affecting Sicily (I think it was a bug, there were rebels in Antolia for 200 years no matter who held the provinces), so I could stomp with impunity.

Bohemia, Palatinate and Brunswick are Vassals (only for destroying HRE)

Also got Achievements for city of cities and dismantling the HRE

954B5FA22F887256BD3D1EE28EA9AADE955C837D

Middle east Situation

A007489CD0C776112C2E5A6B6D6C50A8C6204E05

And a very neat and tidy Asia

68ED31C2F6093BEA7C2A2B8643DA6E8AD420E8B0