• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I tried to gain an achievement "Dracula's Revenge", but I didn't conquer a few provinces. :( I played as Wallachia and created Romania. My vassals: Greece (Cyprus), Georgia and Polotsk.

EUIVWalla_wrxhewn.jpg

I tried to gain an achievement "Dracula's Revenge", but I didn't conquer a few provinces. :( I played as Wallachia and created Romania. My vassals: Greece (Cyprus), Georgia and Polotsk.

View attachment 121524
Man, France got province in Greece? Talk about bad luck!

View attachment 121524

Lol - those are horrendous borders in the east of Europe. Kazan x4, Crimea x6, Lithuania x3, France x5 (in France, Balkans, North Africa, Italy & Hungary?), Brandenburg x3, Papal States & Naples doing a weird dance, and finally the Ottomans x5 (in Egypt, Italy x2 ?, Hungary?, and Anatolia).

This deserves an award or something.

QQ3wmZJ.jpg

Finally, in my tenth attempt, I finished Sunset Invasion. It take my time to finish it, and at the end I was delayed by a 15 years regency. Altough, the last war to conquer Rome and Paris was really enjoyable, It lasted nearly three hours in while I fought France, Austria, half of the HRE, Tuscany and the Blobttomans. But if some thing is for sure it´s that 1.9 had made this achievement a lot easier. European colonisers are now less agressive, they never declared me the war before I was completely westernised, converted to the reformed and had a competent navy. If you are thinking in getting the achievement I strongly reccomend do it now, as future patches may screw things up. Sigh, those pesky portuguese who always used to DOWed you in the middle of westernisation aiming for nothing, and just to send your contry to hell sitting at 80+ warscore. At least, finally I got it. Should have changed the name of Lisbon for SCREWYOU or something like that, next time maybe.

PD: What should I try next? I´m thinking of Jihad, or maybe Swizterlake, Prester John or the Sun Nevers Sets of the Indian Empire seems fitting tho. But take into account that I tend to get fed up of boring games in which you don´t have any challenges and it´s just a continous DOW, ANNEX, SWIM IN DUTACTS, DOW ANNEX. If it weren´t for that I would try a WC with France or the like.

Attachments

• 2015-01-05_00003.jpg
    2015-01-05_00003.jpg
    493,6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
QQ3wmZJ.jpg

Finally, in my tenth attempt, I finished Sunset Invasion. It take my time to finish it, and at the end I was delayed by a 15 years regency. Altough, the last war to conquer Rome and Paris was really enjoyable, It lasted nearly three hours in while I fought France, Austria, half of the HRE, Tuscany and the Blobttomans. But if some thing is for sure it´s that 1.9 had made this achievement a lot easier. European colonisers are now less agressive, they never declared me the war before I was completely westernised, converted to the reformed and had a competent navy. If you are thinking in getting the achievement I strongly reccomend do it now, as future patches may screw things up. Sigh, those pesky portuguese who always used to DOWed you in the middle of westernisation aiming for nothing, and just to send your contry to hell sitting at 80+ warscore. At least, finally I got it. Should have changed the name of Lisbon for SCREWYOU or something like that, next time maybe.

PD: What should I try next? I´m thinking of Jihad, or maybe Swizterlake, Prester John or the Sun Nevers Sets of the Indian Empire seems fitting tho. But take into account that I tend to get fed up of boring games in which you don´t have any challenges and it´s just a continous DOW, ANNEX, SWIM IN DUTACTS, DOW ANNEX. If it weren´t for that I would try a WC with France or the like.
The colonisers can definitely be aggressive. I have an Arapaho 1.8/1.9.2 game where England attacked me and almost wrecked me in 3 wars (first one almost complete disaster, second one smaller disaster, third one white peace... and in the fourth one they will pay dearly for the first 3!). American Mid West Pagan OPM, stayed Pagan.

Another, more interactive approach is to start as a small guy in a dangerous place: North India, Caucasus, Balkans, and not westernize.

The ideas were picked in this order, exploration (you need to colonise ASAP and close NA east coast), expansion (colonise again) quantity (which is always nice and with expansion allows a sweet +1 colonist) and after, offensive, adminsitrative and quality. The first three are the core, as they allow you to expand like crazy and build a bigger navy to steal more trade and protect yourself. This is indeed quite important, beocuse if even the IA is now less agressive, is STILL agressive. Expect some DOWs, but probably after you are westernised or not so in a bad position, the navy is key to win, just send the portuguese to the bottom to sea where they belong.

Another personal reccomendation is to convert to reformist as soon as possible, as is quite OP IMHO, those fervor bonuses are nice, especially the moral one, which is crazy. 15% moral for both navies and armies, for free? Really?

About who to attack first, probably the Iberians, or the English, the first becouse they annoy you as hell and should be taken down. About the English, they tend to fail horribly, and conquering them allows you to move your main port to the Enlish Channel, and then funnel all America to it giving you a crazy income. Like Portugal, but cooler. In my game, I launched consecutives campaings in Iberia and England, conquering bit a bit. Being allied with France and/or Austria is always nice for extra punching. Star attacking as soon as you are equal in military tech, which should be around 1620-1640. After you conquered Iberia, and you are recolleting in London with more than a 50% share... CONGRATS, you win. The rest is really easy as by now you should have nearly all North America and could be fielding 400k of troops, with quality, ofensive, aztec ideas + reformed morale with which you just could win a coalition against half europe with little effort.

American Mid West Pagan OPM, stayed Pagan.

They are agressive, as always, but they don´t attack so early, so you could westernise and convert and if you are christhian they don´t hate your guts soooooo much anymore. If you stay pagan, expect a cockfest, as they will consider you native rable.

Another, more interactive approach is to start as a small guy in a dangerous place: North India, Caucasus, Balkans, and not westernize.

And yep, that sounds really good. Should try after, just started my Switerzlake run a hour ago.

Man, France got province in Greece? Talk about bad luck!
Yes, bad luck. :(

Lol - those are horrendous borders in the east of Europe. Kazan x4, Crimea x6, Lithuania x3, France x5 (in France, Balkans, North Africa, Italy & Hungary?), Brandenburg x3, Papal States & Naples doing a weird dance, and finally the Ottomans x5 (in Egypt, Italy x2 ?, Hungary?, and Anatolia).

This deserves an award or something.
The Romans would be very happy. :D
France x5 (in France, Balkans, North Africa, Italy & Hungary?)
Yes.
the Ottomans x5 (in Egypt, Italy x2 ?, Hungary?, and Anatolia)
Yes. You have good eyes. :D

They are agressive, as always, but they don´t attack so early, so you could westernise and convert and if you are christhian they don´t hate your guts soooooo much anymore. If you stay pagan, expect a cockfest, as they will consider you native rable.

As Mesoamerican, you want to go Christian for the gold, but you can stay pagan and win. Mexico is rich enough to build enough heavies to sink Iberian fleets on contact and constantly steal their colonies in the Caribbean. Keep on them so they can never completely rebuild their navy, maybe steal a province off of Aragon on some island. Pure wooden wall tactics will work well enough on the AI.

Because the actual #provinces you need to control is low, even factoring needing to surround capitals, you have a lot of time to build up. Economic/offensive/quantity plus the typical exploration pick to fast westernize will give you all the power you need. You don't strictly have to take expansion, but you might as well work that + diplomatic or another military idea in, not like you'll have much else to do.

In a game as Chimu for fun I built up the Panama node so much that it was more valuable than Sevilla and the most valuable node in the world lol.

Last edited:
fvM8XwD.png

The end of my Poland -> PLC -> Prussia -> Germany campaign that you can see 2 pages ago. Almost all Europe is mine or in my client states. I have some more time to finish the North African conquest but I think I am too lazy for this.

PS: Russia is mine vassal

fvM8XwD.png

The end of my Poland -> PLC -> Prussia -> Germany campaign that you can see 2 pages ago. Almost all Europe is mine or in my client states. I have some more time to finish the North African conquest but I think I am too lazy for this.

PS: Russia is mine vassal

Beautiful! I love the borders and the names. Very pretty Europe.

If only you had the British isles, it would complete it.

This is where I cut off my Bengal Tiger / Sun Never Sets / Silk Road achievement run. I was planning a big war with Russia and an Asian land grab to make for cool screenshots (and clean borders), but when I saw I had a 12 year regency left (after being in it for a couple years already, I decided to pass. Spending time in Europe sure hurts you from a cool screenshot perspective, that's for sure. Also, finishing the annexation of QQ probably would have been nicer.

Xij0Xyu.jpg

OKZ2V0p.jpg

I was close on Guarantor of peace and thinking about 3 Georgias, but since Paradox has been quiet on what exactly you need to proclaim guarantee now, I didn't know what I needed and waiting out that regency didn't feel worth it. Oh well, it would be easier to get it by beating everyone down, I just thought it would be cool to get it while they were actually strong. :)

I also busted the revolution, but couldn't get 100% on Revolutionary GB because they had lands in the North American TI. It says "over 99% warscore" in the achievement instead of saying "100% warscore" and with call for peace already up for multiple years, I finally decided to just end it and hope that having 99%+ in war score was all it would take. That was not the case. Disappointing, but I'm sure I'll have another chance at it later.

The funniest thing about this whole game though was up until about 1730ish I was going after silk road by trying to get all the spice provinces. I hadn't paid attention to the name of the achievement and had it in my head I needed spices. Luckily I wanted to post something on the forums and decided to look up the name which of course was a dead giveaway. Embarrassing, but too funny to not include on this!

Normally I'm not one to complain about borders, but China and Lithuania sure look different. Still not as bad as the one that someone put earlier with the Italian/Steppe rainbow of nations.

Ming didn't break up until late, and then it became a mess. I felt I had time to rush a lot of that out still since I could chain wars. As for Lithuania and Korea though... I just don't know what to say.