• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very nice borders all round (except for that mess in Iberia and N. Africa, ugh). Did you manage to get into Alaska?
No, I didn't pick neither exploration nor expansion I didn't have even a single colonist as you can see from the UI. I took all of Siberia from Portugal.
The nice thing about this game though was Europe - Ottos actually did something and reached Vienna before the Europeans pushed them back, Prussia formed and is a worthy rival of Austria, Sweden created its Baltic empire and Naples was close to forming Italy. Only thing which bothers me is ofc France which just ruins the map...

Not much but it is mine. Started as Uesugi. Achievement in 1531, short after the start of the council...which least till 1542. Okinawa is missing till then, so dejure Japan in 1542 or 1543.

japanmwstk.jpg

I started colonizing Siberia to block off Russia but they were too strong so I lost a couple of provinces to them. As you can see they went on a spree in India and South East Asia.

I allready released Zhou from Ming as a vassal to feed them but never really got the time for it.

I did beat the Ottomans by first feeding my QQ and Syrian vassals in wars against the Timurids. I used the conquest CB on a province in India so I could occupy it easier for ticking warscore. After that they got attacked by France and I could invade them. With administrative efficiency it only took two wars to take Anatolia.

My Najd empire.

I didn't get close to the Jihad achievement. I had 412 provinces out of the 500. Still proud despite of the ugly borders... :D

24922C4D0754599AB1D0B23BC8AD253D0B0A2C54

Well congrats for turning that letter upside down somehow!

I wrapped up my Poland/PLC run. Scotland's my vassal (who wrecked England by themselves more or less during a coalition war.). I lost to the Sejm so I didn't get that achievement, but I got Poland can into Space and Winged Hussars, along with the dismantle the HRE one. At some point you start to feel like a superior Russia that's just shifted westward a bit. >_>

Started a game with the goal of forming Hindustan and westernizing. Ended up doing much much more. My wars against european powers had the unfortunate effect of leaving the New World mostly uncivilized

Green = me (yes, that's me in irish land), light blue = vassals or colonial nation, blue = allies
eu4_map_HIN_1547_01_03_1.png

A view of my 2 long term rivals that I never did get around to destroying: Ming and the Golden Horde
eu4_map_HIN_1547_03_19_1.png

A relationship view
eu4_map_HIN_1547_03_19_12.png

Thanks friend, my rule was, don't war with our kin if they're not at near of our borders (if war with kin, it's for expanding, like Bulgaria). Already ally-vassal made and game was so political. But I'd like other AIs to be intelligent.

Already made a Slav-Turk alliance. This is my superior-dream.

Nice :)

My danish empire. First time playing as Denmark. :)

I decided to focus on crippling Muscovy early on and estabilish my power in the Baltic before going over to colonize the new world. It was surprisingly easier than i first thought to pull off thanks to my alliance chain of Poland, Lithuania (for a bit, they broke alliance once i got Osel from Livonian Order and rivaled me but they did their job of keeping Muscovy contained), Brandenburg, Bohemia and later Hungary and Hesse once they inherited the low lands and became Emperor.

urf5kR1.jpg

YvnRWBs.jpg

Is it sad that my hardest time in the game was when the reformation took off and rebels crippled my economy and manpower? My fights with Muscovy and even the France/Papal State alliance war i got dragged into was easier compared to the rebels i had to fight.
0VkMTm3.jpg

lWcstbi.jpg

Saxony becoming emperor for a few years before Hesse took over helped me get rid of the annoying green HRE lands in my empire. They still hate my guts for doing it. :laugh:
aIqyPc2.jpg

Rest of the world:
lSSb6mO.jpg

iWhKga0.jpg

rYrcgce.jpg

This game is far from over, but it is just going to be easier from here. Future plan is to snipe colonies from France, England and Spain to get into the new world (my diplo tech is still a bit too low to reach north america. Diplo-annexing Norway, Sweden and minor vassals in the HRE/eastern europe took more monarch points than i expected. If i had known that, i would have gone expansion instead of exploration as my second idea group.)

Still, it has been a fun learning experience. :)

Last edited:
My third Granada game, but the first Ironman one and the first I actually finished the Re-Reconquista in:
granada1.jpg

Started by expanding into Algiers. Things slowed down afterwards because Morocco beat back the Iberians and was too strong for me, so I expanded by colonization through the Sahara and conquest of the Malinese territories. While I was still happily conquering Africa and contemplating when to jump back to Europe, France made Castille give my back all my cores.

All Christian nations of Iberia are alive and well, Portugal is thriving in the Philippines, Castille sits on some poor islands in eastern Indonesia and Aragon proudly holds Malta.

Accepted cultures:
granada2.jpg

The final world war for the last Portuguese province:
granada3.jpg

Few shots were fired in Europe however, the French didn't feel like attacking into the 3 50-stacks sitting side-by-side in the Pyrenees. The Portuguese on the other hand put up quite the fight in the East Indies.