• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some freaking amazing cities! Many of those screenshots are, if not photorealistic, at least worthy of being in a AAA game. Here's my humble contribution, a slight homage to the Tropico series as well as to real-life Caribbean, Asian, African, and European urban and rural areas:

xp3aG3c.jpg

xUhk9QR.jpg
wbwBmq9.jpg
2goDHYU.jpg

HQw6Jnt.jpg
ZFB8DFz.jpg
9WdcL8W.jpg
cH8q01A.jpg
rFLAHNQ.jpg

Reactions:
Some freaking amazing cities! Many of those screenshots are, if not photorealistic, at least worthy of being in a AAA game. Here's my humble contribution, a slight homage to the Tropico series as well as to real-life Caribbean, Asian, African, and European urban and rural areas...

I haven't seen anyone do that before, the vibrancy of it in particular; it looks really interesting! Especially those close-up shots are really nice. So, is the economy completely chocolate based?

I haven't seen anyone do that before, the vibrancy of it in particular; it looks really interesting! Especially those close-up shots are really nice. So, is the economy completely chocolate based?

Ha ha, no! Mixture of tourism, leisure, and high-value (Level 3 RICO) manufacturing. Graphics cards, mainly :).

Reactions:
Took a few shots of my current city, Fallen Leaves, as it gradually expands. The one rule for this city has been to only use single lane roads to see how they cope as the city grows.

Here is a link to the album:
http://imgur.com/a/Mia5H

First settlers:
iD7ldmj.jpg

Starting to take shape. The tunnel in the middle works as a bypass for heavy traffic.
400rEeV.jpg

Close up of the eastern side:
FtLXJWk.jpg

Fallen Leaves gets a football team:
oqDSvQp.jpg

Northern side of the city (looking south)
EdY6eYe.jpg

Zoomed out view of the city:
PkqAbCp.jpg

Close up of southern bay area:
Blq8Fm3.jpg

Central industrial zone replaced with new commercial zone to act as the CBD:
rDK3Nd1.jpg

Shot from the northern suburbs looking south:
gPLdpk8.jpg

Zoomed out shot of existing city with the harbour area:
LyypV8k.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
yeah restarting is a good idea. I love how the game is smooth and fast with a new city. sadly it slows down with every single cim. maybe it would be better for a CS sequel to go statistical like in sim city 4.

Reactions:
Killingjoke & Waway, beautiful shots of great looking cities - Dell19, you have a very natural-looking city growing there, I am envious (mine always look like I designed them in a computer game :D )

Caught this at just the right time.
20161007192736_1.jpg

Reactions: