• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The game is only supported on proper nVidia or AMD video systems:

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 6750 / NVIDIA GeForce 320 / NVIDIA GeForce
9600 or higher, 1024MB graphics memory required.

Intel integrated video systems do not have dedicated video circuitry, but use the CPU instead. They are weaker and slower than dedicated GPUs.

For Linux I recommend nVidia systems are they have the best proprietary drivers.

I do have an NVidia graphics card, I believe it is a Geforce 610M. I know the computer is a little old, but CK2 is pretty old as well.
See my post #19 - the game is not using it, you must have a dual Intel/nVidia video system then (Optimus). Have you installed the latest proprietary nVidia driver?

sorry to be a draft and request even more logs O;)
from the game: system.log, error.log and graphics.log now with nvidia drivers installed and do an ingame screenshot before posting the logs.

sorry for the silence, unfortunate nothing in the logs that can explain it... is there any difference if you run the game in windowed mode?

Sorry for taking a while to get back. It's the same in windowed mode, with the added lovely property that the mouse doesn't click on what the cursor is hovering over.