• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

faiuwle

Field Marshal
30 Badges
Sep 3, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka 2
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion 2
I can't take screenshots in linux with F11 because they look like this:

ck2_1.png

So if I want to play in linux, I have to take screenshots using F12 with Steam. Most of the time this doesn't even work and I have save, quit, kill Steam, and restart it and try again, repeat until it works. And sometimes when I press F12 the game freezes so badly it takes it minutes to respond to the kill signal. That's probably a Steam problem and not a CK2 problem, but that's why I need CK2 to be able to take screenshots. Last time I posted this someone from QA abitrarily declared it not to be a problem and ignored me, so I'm asking again, can we PLEASE get this fixed? Pretty please?

Maybe it is a video card or screen resolution issue?

Searching for "linux steam issue screenshot" in Startpage and after reading several linked articles and forums,
it suggests to me that it's not a CK2, but a Steam-Linux specific issue.
At least you are not alone. I have no idea. Just sharing my impression.

Last edited:
I thought F12 was the Steam screenshot and F11 was a CK2 screenshot. Steam screenshots have different issues for me, which I already described, but I'm talking about the F11 screenshot.

I thought F12 was the Steam screenshot and F11 was a CK2 screenshot. Steam screenshots have different issues for me, which I already described, but I'm talking about the F11 screenshot.

Yeah. I misunderstood your intention, as the biggest paragraph is about the F12 button issue that you experience, as both parts are divided by the picture
and as you, as it seemed to me, end your post by asking for a fix for the F12 issue,.....but that was apparently a misunderstanding.

As i haven't seen anyone else post this issue with F11 in game, at least not recently, i can only
suspect that the issue is a local one and a driver or library cause, but i have no real clue, sorry.

Maybe post your detailed system info, so that tech support or someone might see something that gets them an idea.

Last edited:
"in linux"? what gfx drivers are you using, what desktop environment, what display server? and perhaps also what distro you are using?
Would also be happy if you could attach your logs pls

I'm not sure how to look up my graphics drivers, but I just recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 from a USB key made from the website, so probably whatever that comes with by default. Desktop is KDE with the terrible left-hand-side launcher panel they have now. Which logs do you want?

I'm not sure how to look up my graphics drivers, but I just recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 from a USB key made from the website, so probably whatever that comes with by default. Desktop is KDE with the terrible left-hand-side launcher panel they have now. Which logs do you want?
Okey, no worries... with an 16.04 install without any proprietary drivers installed i probably can figure it out with the game logs...
By logs i mean the ones in your paradox user dir, by default it should be something like "~/.paradoxinteractive/Crusader Kings II/logs"

system.log will have details of the hardware including video.

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.

Ok. I had to hand-type the Steam information because Steam didn't let me select it.

Edit: Since Steam didn't seem to figure it out, my computer is an Asus K55V (or maybe K55VD, can't remember which).

Attachments

• system.log
    13,7 KB · Views: 4
  • systeminfo.txt
    1,7 KB · Views: 5
Video Card:
Driver: Intel Open Source Technology Center Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile x86/MMX/SSE2
Driver Version: 3.0 Mesa 17.0.7
So an Intel integrated video system. That may have something to do with your problem, as it's not a supported platform for this game under any OS.