• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Too Many Hours of work has limited my efforts to expand this update.

April 25th 1429

Merilonna was quite pleased with the recent turn of events. The consecration of Charles VII as the new king of France had far reaching considerations. The French armies had become stronger of late and it seemed that perhaps they might even oust the English forces off the mainland.

Still something in her unlife was missing and it seemed that the void left by Enrich’s last correspondence was going to remain unfulfilled for awhile. As she sat up in bed reveling in her nakedness, her mind thought about the previous hour’s activity. He new protégé had done a rather remarkable job of bring pleasure to her body. He had been only the second lover she had entertained since her ‘rebirth’, as she chose to call it.

She looked at his boyish features and smiled. She could feel a pang of sadness that it was not Enrich who lay beside her. Though she wasn’t sure if it was because she wanted his company or simply wished that it had been Enrich’s head and not the Protégé’s that she had ripped of during the waning moments of there activity.

If she had been capable of it, she might have blushed as she opened the window and tossed the body outside. Too many things to focus on that were far more important that the simple life of a neonate.

‘Nobody is perfect,” She giggled as she began dressing.

GWAAR4.jpg

August 6th 1430

Merilonna was enjoying the scowling look Walter was giving her at the signing of the peace treaty. It had been a most fortunate thing that both houses had not demolished each other in attempts to aide their mortal allies.

England was granting its remaining French provinces to France in hoped that the two countries could perhaps go their separate ways. Younger kindred in House Dravidian wanted to take the fight to English soil but the elders, Merilonna included, advised that Perhaps there were greater threats that the English.

“House Tolomato has watched our houses expend ourselves in this struggle and we cannot afford to be caught unawares should they actively march against us. As such a protracted war with House Pedragon would be a mistake,” She had counseled.

Walter was still trying to figure out in the back of his mind exactly what had managed to take the lives of some his best warriors. With the sting of the fate of his troops that went to aid Constantinople still fresh in his mind it was further frustration to lose another dozen over the past year.

Since it appeared that something or someone was assassinating his troops he thought it best to pull his forces back onto the Isle. The numbers of his house’s members were becoming dangerously low and they would need time to heal their wounds.

He smiled a bit, and not for the 1st time, thought about how lucky his house was to be based off an island. When things looked bleak they could always crawl back across and regroup. Besides, he thought, with House Dravidian concerned about House Tolomato to their south and the unstable House Malkov to their east, it would be easy indeed if he chose to ever retake the lost lands.

He shot Merilonna a tight smile, turned and left.

GWAAR5.jpg

Greven, can you post a link to the map of the different houses, because it's getting kind of difficult to follow?

1435 Somewhere Near Brandenburg

Valdemar was walking home trying to sort out the recent rumors he had received. Less than a month ago he had hear whispers that perhaps House Umbra would be relocating to another region.

Apparently the war with House Tolomato was not fairing well for the shadow house. A shame really, Valdemar thought, in older times House Umbra and House Valdemar had been very close. The distance had grown even before the upstart Dhampir had taken over as the Patriarch of the house. His house Valdemar reminded himself. Perhaps on day he would take it back.

He wondered what Jonas’s plan was and why it involved Greven. At times it seemed that Valdemar or ‘Leif’ as Greven knew him, recognized Greven and others he had no clue. Somehow he felt that there was a secret waiting to be uncovered somewhere.

It amused Valdemar that Greven was still trying to cling to his religious past. He’d noticed the younger kindred sneaking off to evening services on more than on occasion and once even caught him in prayer.

Valdemar felt sorry for him. He knew that there would no salvation for any of them. There were an abomination to God and final death would send them to Oblivion. A high price indeed it was for immortal life. All the more reason not to meet final death, he chuckled to himself.

Somewhere in the Carpathian Mountains.

Dhampir was dressing for the ceremony. He was about to appoint a new Vizier. The older Vizier that had been loyal to Valdemar had recently met an untimely death and Dhampir relished the chance to hold a grand ceremony. Things were going well for his house. Especially with the treasures they were receiving as part of their deal to help House Umbra relocate.

Dhampir
dhampirforgreven.jpg

August 1435

Roussillon Province

Watchtower 3L

The sentry peered out across the misty mountains. He could smell the intruders. The thickness of the fog limited his ability to see them but he knew they were there. He could imagine them in his minds eye, slowly creeping along. Perhaps they thought they were unnoticed.

The sentry smiled at the thought. With the recent events of the past few years House Umbra had taken many precautions in its growing distrust of the other great houses. The watchtowers were something new that so far the spies of other houses had not stumbled upon.

With but a flick of his wrist the sentry would light the signal beacon and would start a chain of likewise alerts. Within but a few moments the prepared defenses would be activated and this intrusion into Umbran lands would grind to a halt.

But unknown to the sentry it was not a mortal army that marched into the Aragonian lands. The invading force was headed by Lycor, champion of House Dravidian and with him were many of finest vampire warriors the house could boast of. In lieu of mortals they had raised a large force of ghouls and equipped them for battle.

In all the force numbered around 3,000, nothing of concern if it had been a mortal army. Unfortunately for the sentry it was not the only thing that was not of Aragonian origin. As the sentry mulled over how long he should take before setting the signal ablaze another unseen being made its way up the side of the watchtower.

As the sentry reached to light the signal he was rather surprised to watch his hand detach itself from the rest of his body and fall to the floor. He looked up in shock to see the assassin holding a katana and preparing to strike again.

It less than a second Kyujuni had lopped off the sentries head and was on his way to the next watchtower. He hummed a tune to himself as he left.

Looks like house umbra is gonna take a massive loss from this!

Rythin said:
Great use of Morrowind! :)

Thanks. I'm hoping to have more character portraits soon.

It was either that or the Sims. :D

Jordal said:
I just read through what you have and it's great stuff. I can't wait to read some more.

Thanks. There again won't be an update this week, Had too work too much overtime to even see my wife this week but I'll try and get an update up by wensday or Thursday.

Ok I'll Bite where in the world did it go? :(

I liked it. Who killed it?

Damn Ok I'll write something hate filled and kill peasants in this comming update.

Roussillon Province

Telkor and was out training a few of the newer recuits of House Umbra, when they first heard the approaching army. Telkor had spent many years in battle and was keenly aware of the danger to the House that this new threat possessed.

“They’ve come too soon,” He lamented to a young female next to him.

She looked up at him with slight fear in her eyes and asked, “What are we to do? They will surely end our lives?”

Telkor took a moment to gaze upon the dozen students that comprised his party. There was no doubt that they would not survive the hour even if they fled. With a resigned sigh he replied, “We must do the only thing that we can, we must appoint someone to return to the castle and alarm the others.”

Carl looked up and asked, “And the rest of us?”

Telkor replied grimly as he drew his sword and looked across the hills, “We must delay this invasion as long as possible.”

Nobody said a word for a moment as they contemplated the meaning of his words. It was time to die. They quickly decided that Jules would be the chosen one to send word to the rest of the House. He was also the only one that had trained outside the House and learned the power of Hasten.

Jules quickly set off and the others devised a quick plan. In but a few moments the advanced scouts of the Invaders closed in and Telkor sprung his trap. He quickly summoned a globe of darkness that measured more than twenty feet across. Inside the globe only the members of House Umbra could see.

In but a few seconds the scouts were quickly slain. Unfortunately, more were quickly on their way and the main lines of the army were closing in. Telkor could here the war horns sounding as the Dravidians prepared to fight.

Two kindred rushed at him quickly and he was barely able to dodge their attacks. He spun in response and found he had an opening on the shorter one. He quickly thrust his sword into the vampire and pulled up cutting the head in twain. The second foe, having overstepped his attack and watching helplessly as his companion was slain, was able to get a weak thrust in and open up a gash along Telkor’s arm. Enraged now, Telkor summoned his power over shadow to create a shadow tentacle that wrapped around the Dravidian and pinned his arms. Telkor easily lopped off the kindred’s head.

By now the ghouls had reached the melee and their massive numbers quickly overwhelmed the defenders. Telkor watched in horror as his party was slain so quick that one second they were standing and the next they were ashes.

He summoned his globe of shadow again and used the edge it gave him to dispatch the ghouls at a faster rate that possible. His whole body was one massive weapon. One hand reaching into the chests of ghouls to rip out their still beating hearts, while his other swung a sword in aims of severing their heads.

The next few moments were filled with a French of blood spurting, tearing and slicing. The wails of the dying ghouls had the piercing power of a banshee. Telkor had dispatched possibly his thirtieth opponent when he realized that his globe of darkness was gone.

Facing him with eyes of anger and barred fangs was, Lycor. The two rushed towards each other growling in anger. Though Lycor was much faster, Telkor appeared to be holding his own for a few moments. In the end it was a slip on Telkor’s part that did him in. And Lycor dove upon his throat and began to feast on his soul.

No one dared to inform Lycor that he was committing a sacrilege.

Lord G. Q. White said:
I think I'm just trying too hard to write the perfect AAR. Which I know that I cannot do as I have very limited writting skills. :(
Lord Greven, don't sell yourself short! This is quite an interesting AAR, with a unique perspective that is quite intriguing. And very well written! Plot is more important, I think, than verbage or verbosity, though you do quite well with both. Though I'm not near done reading, I can tell there are interesting things going on and I want to find out who, what, where and why!

I'm having a little difficulty keeping up simply because I don't have EUII or know the system, and I'm not too familiar with the history of this period. I am a "great powers" thinker (child of the Cold War), and all these little fiefdoms and mixes of houses confuse me. But you are drawing me in, and I am learning! :D

Still want to get EUII one of these days... ((grumbles about not enough playing time))

Great job!

Rensslaer

Castle Ebonhold

Tzorcelan was hastily gathering his weapons, having long ago abandoned the hope that there would be enough time to suit up in Armor, when Desmine reached his side.

“They are everywhere. The main gate can only hold so long. Your house needs your presence to bolster the hope that we may prevail,” She began sputtering.

He belted his sword to his side and headed out to the courtyard. He was hoping to find a good spot along the wall. His goal was to be able to see the siegeing force while also in view of his own defenders.

He could hear the thunderous banging of the battering ram against the main gate. He could tell from the slight grating sound after each thump that it would not hold much longer. As he looked around, he could see the fear in his men’s eyes. The older kindred were not concerned much as they knew if the worst were to happen that they could escape. It was the younger kindred that would be slaughtered in masse.

He ordered the release the ghoul retainers that they kept locked up in case of such an occasion as this. Counting the ghouls plus the house members his forces numbered around 800. Not quite as many as he would have hoped.

His gaze fell upon the enemy and noticed that other than the lone battering ram there were no other siege engines built. It seemed that the plan was simply to knock down the front gate and storm the castle.

It wasn’t exactly the smartest of plans but a quick estimation of the size of then attacking force left no doubt in Tzorcelan’s mind that they would indeed be the winner of the coming battle.