Open Beta Patch 1.11.5 (Steam Only) Mk3 - Checksum 8d69

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've run into an odd bug with the 1.11.5 beta and mods

My error log reads

[21:53:10][gui.cpp:921]: Undefined GUI_TYPE: slow_interface_win - This will most likely crash the game​

At which point it crashes, and locks Steam into thinking the game is still running, despite there being no programs open in the Task Manager (This may not be connected to the crash)

It doesn't do this on the 1.11.4, so it appears the issue is in 11.5

Any thoughts on how to fix it, or at least where it came from?
There's a new window in the game UI called "slow_window_win". It is only used in debug.
Your mod is probably a UI mod that doesn't replicate it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi I had found, that problem with AI cheating and getting spirits of army, even without DLCs enabled (in DLC free game), still occurs. It should have been fixed in 1.11.4 but still 70% of minors have them. I found that Majors now cant have them and most of Minors with DLC also cant have them (except Bulgaria and Greece), but the minors like Panama use them.
This report probably isn't so accurate because I had seen this on only one game.

CSRZ [author] 33 minutes ago
I don't know why, but some of the files in the 1.11.4 patch are from the older versions of the game.

Vichy French focus tree is locked and unusable in 1.11.4, even when in 1.11.2 it was working normally. It seems like they somehow mixed up the files and brought back the Vichy French focus tree file from the 1.9.0.

New compliance_modifiers.txt file that was working fine in 1.11.1 patch (which I praised by the way) was removed and replaced with 1.10 version of it, which causes the stuff like Japanese Micronesia to appear on the map again, etc.

I don't know why or how these things happen. Why would Paradox Interacitve replace the newer, patched files of the game with older, more buggy versions of these files? I don't know why...
compliance_modifiers.txt was last modified in 2020 in my game folder and I haven't missed any of the patches (1.10.8, then 1.11.1, 1.11.2, 1.11.3, and 1.11.4). You can check your game folder to see if this is the case for you as well.

The claim about the Vichy France tree simply isn't true either. The only difference between the 1.9 thru 1.10 version and the 1.11.1 thru 1.11.3 version was to address the doctrine cost changes in the focus VIC_analyze_our_defeat. The 1.11.4 version contains the 1.11 change, and additionally changed has_country_leader = { ruling_only = yes name = "Philippe Pétain" } to has_country_leader = { ruling_only = yes character = FRA_philippe_petain }. To claim that it somehow got reverted is simply false, and it can be easily verified if you have the habit of backing up old versions of the game.
(As for why it's broken, there's probably some shenanigans in the background when cloning characters to Vichy France and they end up with a copy that isn't "FRA_philippe_petain" but rather something like "D01_FRA_philippe_petain")

• 2Like
Reactions:
I know some of these might have been reported already but here are my notes on my last few playthroughs as the U.S. and the Soviets

(All DLC no mods)

1. The UK never takes operation Catapult (has been like this since MtG)
2. Vichy France doesn't take any foci making it impossible to justify war against them in 1942 as was previously possible. You have to invade mainland Europe and hope Italy or Germany call them into the war. This made my iron man achievement run with the Soviets impossible in my last run because the Allies basically ran up the incompetent Italian Peninsula unopposed up to Munich.
3. The Anglo Soviet invasion of Iran is broken; I've played this one as the Soviets and the US and as the Soviets the British refuse to cooperate only to declare war on the puppet as soon as the Soviets take it over. Same thing happened as the US in that playthrough. it leads to the opposite of what it should an allied Soviet war instead of cooperation and a southern transport route.
4. Tank models from Allied pack and Colonel edition are broken (on a side note the tank designer is cool) I would really like to have my Sherman model on the production icon and on the map.
5. The Turks keep asking for investments forever. I will not sign their Faustian bargains!
6. Air wings lose their missions if they move over an air base from time to time.
7. The Japanese do not Peace out even after being kicked out of Sakhalin and the Kurils as the Soviets.
8. The RoC does not consistently pick Lady Soong Mei-Ling at all, making it hard to lend lease to China and support their war
9. As the US there never is a legal transport path to China to lend lease to them, effectively disallowing the Hump or the Burma and Ledo road from being useful (and the British rarely if ever pick this focus)
10. Starting the game directly by skipping the launcher causes the mod registry to go become unavailable for some reason.
11. The Germans never want to sign any trade agreements with me as the Soviets even before the Molotov pact or after.

Other observations:

I mostly play the US and the addition of the tank designer really presses your tech tree and army XP, I think it should be a good Idea to merge the artillery tech from both the navy side and the land side because right now there are too many additional things to research and not enough slots or time to do so.

The US also sorely needs some 35 day foci especially after the war starts. I don't expect to pick out every Foci before 1945 but you'd expect to get some of them done much earlier. right now

Finally the Tank designer is really cool and it should be added to the Airplanes as well eventually.
I saw AI UK did operation Catapult once though.

The player should not be required to "control" Luxemburg. Simply liberating it should be enough.
I got the achievement despite Switzerland joining the allies and taking part of germany and not having Luxemburg. But I also had a German collaboration Government, maybe that solves it, when the allies get military access to it, they liberate its territory.

Question to the devs (trying to be helpful) - while modding I notice that in file /common/units/equipment/x_tank_chassis.txt, in the list of equipment for legacy tank types (ie. for players without the NSB dlc) the "family = xxx" line is commented out for all light and medium derived models, but not for heavy models. Was this deliberate, or just an oversight?

Reactions:
any word on rebalancing some focuses that give you more than 5 infrastructure? as Portugal, you can get 6+ levels without building.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello again one last time before Christmas!

We have setup another opt-in open beta branch for Barbarossa, again named open_beta. If the branch does not appear, restarting Steam should fix it.
This is once more meant for the brave souls who want to try out the upcoming fixes & balance changes early.
Contrary to normal releases this branch is a work-in-progress that has yet to go through our full release QA process, so while we try to keep relatively stable you may experience new issues or crashes.

This branch contains some of the work-in-progress for the 1.11.5 Barbarossa patch, scheduled to release some time early 2022.

Feel free to leave your feedback in this thread or in the bug report forum as usual, especially if you encounter new issues not present in 1.11.4, or if something marked as fixed in the below changelog still occurs for you.

################################################################
######## Patch 1.11.5 "Barbarossa" #########
################################################################

##################################
# AI

- Majors will now send volunteers to the Spanish Civil War even without La Resistance
- AI will no longer consider enemy lakes to be dangerous
- AI has learned the definition of insanity and will now try to avoid attacking in same place if previous invasion failed
- AI will be more careful with their attacks if they start running out of manpower

# UI

- Supply map mode allows normal interactions with naval unit counters and doesn't hide fleet windows

# Database

- The Race for Germany achievement will no longer fail if the player does not control Luxembourg at the time of German surrender (it's complicated)
- Non-NSB tanks will now have their correct fuel usage again. It was fun while it lasted!

# Modding

- Added on_capitualtion_immediate on_action. This will be executed at the very start of the capitulation process, where on_capitulation is played in the middle of the process, which can bias the triggers result.

# Bugfix

- Fixed issue where Danzig could get stuck with negative modifier when Polish Danzig focuses were getting bypassed.
- When loading a save from a lost ironman game, observer mode is loaded and ironman flag should be turned off.
- Fixed script parser silently ignoring last line of a file if it didn't contain a newline
- Fix positioning of the Expand Polish Intelligence branch when Man the Guns is not active. Without MtG the focus Expand Polish Intelligence will no longer require the player to complete the (MtG DLC-locked) parent focus Prepare for the Inevitable.
- Added newline at the end of equipment bonus tooltip
- Fixed George VI national spirit showing an advisor portrait instead of the regular national spirit portrait.
- Hooked-in several NSB Baltic portraits for generals that were using generic ones.
- Fix AI Queueing more railway upgrades than it intended
- Fix allied task force local supply draw
- fixed a reference to a missing German armor 3d model (this should not alter any 3d assets being displayed, just cleaned up the error log)
- Fixed issue where Generals, Field Marshals and Admirals were not being transfered when annexing through Polish and Lithuanian monarchist events.
- Made it less likely that The Soviet Union partitions Poland with Lithuania if Lithuania is AI, and even less likely if Poland is controlled by the player.
- Spanish generals should again be able to properly pick a side when the Civil War starts
- Fixed exploit which allowed circumvention of the building removal cooldown effective while at war.
- Adapt assignable trait skilled_staffer so field marshals can also gain xp in that trait.
"- Air Supply now redistributes supply consumption to the hosting airbase.
- Fixed bugs with multiple air supply missions having zero effect."
- Soviet focuses will no longer grant tank designs if NSB is not active.
- Soviet focuses requiring certain armor tech will now check for the appropriate tech based on NSB being active or not.
- German focus Danubian Membership will no longer be bypassed if only one of the countries is gone, a subject, or allied to Germany. It requires all three countries to fulfill one of those conditions in order to get bypassed.
- Fixed supply network sometimes reporting no connection when shortest path traveled through an enemy province
- Added loc to an unlocalized Estonian country flag
- Fixed continous focus exploit which allowed stacking modifiers
- In civil war process, when copying unit leaders, use the clone function rather than recreating the unit leader from template (some unit leaders do not have template). Also use the character merge mecanism for those copies too if the revolter country receiving those copies already have the character.
- Fixed crash caused by invalid naval invasion order
- Railway guns should no longer be able to end up in a naval invasion
- Fixed crash caused by invalid province templates in mods during trade route computation
- Fixed CTD when playing tutorial videos or opening the ingame browser on DirectX 11
- Fixed Empire of Brazil being so much into Fascism
- Fixed inconsistencies with Dutch Wilhelmina national spirit portrait.
- Fixed logistics strike mission not taking plane number into account correctly
- Soviet focus 'Committee in Exile' focus can now be bypassed if the Civil War is completed
[/SP

WHAT??? No fix to ships sailing through restricted waters? Please fix this, it is a pain in the buttox to manage navy if you have to micro their paths.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't know if this is new behavior or not but ship AI is kind of wonky, for example even though ships have range to get somewhere they refuse to sail there.

For example Destroyers 1 for the US have crap range so they can't sail to to Hawaii from the west coast. even if you build naval bases and get docking rights in the USSR and China (and therefore naval range from the eastern to the western Pacific, your ships will get stuck on a straight line trying to sale to Hawaii when they could go the roundabout way up north then west.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The USA AI in 1.11.5 is a "Paper Tiger" right now.

There is a gigantic Problem with the USA AI. I am not sure if this was a Problem in the Versions before. But when i remember back, the USA wasnt so bad at Production/Ressources before. In my current 1.11.5 beta session i played as Germany until 1943, and was wondering why the USA seems to be nearly defenseless. AI Japan wiped the floor with the AI USA. Even conquered Pearl harbour (first time saw that). Also while the Japanese Fleet has 8 CV and nearly full fleet strength, the USA Fleet is nearly gone. No CV, 5 BB a,d some more 50 ships. Then i changed to the USA (tag USA). From the 26 things, the USA is producing, just 4 Production lines work fully. From Line 5 (Anti-Tank Guns) arrive 90%. The last line 8 (Close Air Support II) produces with 3%. From Line 9 until 26 0% (ZERO) gets produced. Thats because USA gives 80% away of its ressources at the world market, because it uses "Free Trade". With more then 650 Factories, the USA should chose "Limited Exports". I did, and then nearly all got produced. Just not the Aircrafts, because the USA AI hasnt prodced any Synthetic Rifinery. And even if i wanted to produce some, i couldnt as USA...as the USA didnt researched anything there. Not even the Tech "Synthetic Oil Experiments".

So the USA is in 1.11.5 just a Paper Tiger. With gigantic amounts of Factories, but no ressources to fuel them.

THis needs to be addressed with the next beta Patches. The USA was never so weak before. I played all Versions 1.10, 1.9 and older. The last big Problem of this amount, was the BUG, where all Nations forgot Big Ship Production with every new load of a Savegame...from 1.8 to 1.9 or 1.10. (not sure)

USA-43-Production.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions:
Thats because USA gives 80% away of its ressources at the world market, because it uses "Free Trade". With more then 650 Factories, the USA should chose "Limited Exports".
Sadly (and ironically), the resource needs are completely ignored by the AI when choosing its trade laws. It's purely based on ideology, faction members or specific scripts for some countries.

This leads to situations where the USA stays on free trade all game and starves its industry, while the USSR closes its economy in 1941 when export focus would have been more than enough, drowning in excess resources and ruining the game for its allies which relied on Soviet exports.

Reactions:
Sadly (and ironically), the resource needs are completely ignored by the AI when choosing its trade laws. It's purely based on ideology, faction members or specific scripts for some countries.

This leads to situations where the USA stays on free trade all game and starves its industry, while the USSR closes its economy in 1941 when export focus would have been more than enough, drowning in excess resources and ruining the game for its allies which relied on Soviet exports.
I agree. In SP I can keep free trade and total mobilization going until the USSR closes its economy for no reason.

Reactions: