Open Beta Patch 1.11.4 (Steam Only) (Updated Mk4) - Checksum b22c

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1638036125123.png

Please fix this, Leon Blum is the leader of Free France. Also France and Belgium when in exile use "No Garrison" option

• 1Like
Reactions:
Am I the only one who doesn't see country leader names or advisor names? I only see mexico leaders name for some reason, other than that it's just blank.

Didn't have this before I installed beta.
You are definitely not alone. This is what I've figured out so far:

It occurs when I reload a saved game and every minister that is not also a general or admiral looses their names.

I have no issues when starting a new game until I've saved it and then reload the save.

Reactions:
I'd like to confirm a potential bug: it seems that the field marshal motorization priority is not saved between saves. If you load a savegame, the motorization priority of all your army will reset to cavalry. The supply hubs in reach seems to retain the correct motorization, so it could be just a visual bug, but I do not know if when your army moves to other supply zones what prioritization will be selected.

Try to change motorization priority from your field marshal, save the game and reload.
known issue but its only actually the UI that tricks you. we got a fix for next time we update the beta

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
First of all I appreciate the hard work of the entire development team and the moderators of this forum despite some of the poor conduct from fellow HOI4 players. You guys rock for giving us feedback and being active in addressing open issues.

I've done multiple playthroughs in both 1.11.1 and the open beta 1.11.4 and I'm seeing some weird behaviour which I haven't seen being mentioned. During the Spanish Civil War, I'll get the news event for the Anarchists joining the war but nothing actually happens. Seen it when playing as the Soviet Union and Italy but I can get the Anarchists if I can follow their National Focus.

Did something change or is this unexpected behaviour?

• 7Like
Reactions:
Was this a fresh new game on the beta or did you make that save on the release version?
Just to give more info on this issue:

I first noticed this after loading up a save yesterday that was started on 1.11.2 on the beta and then decided to start over on a new save on 1.11.4
When I reloaded this new save earlier today I noticed that every minister that was not also a genral or admiral, had their names removed.

Hello. After testing in 1.11.4 I can confirm that all of these bugs are still present (air supply is still a bit OP too it seems).

I did note that air supply supply throughput is significantly lower.

Reactions:
This is for invading forces. Its not that bad a penalty honestly. but it is something that changed with 1.11 unintentionally. we'll take a look at it

We dont have a clear repro yet. some people get it fixed by verifying files so its some local/steam issue but it doesnt seem to work for everyone. see the link above and keep any insights in that channel. Its an important problem.

Insert generic polite response that isn't saying what I am thinking :p

is it always? or specific. if you got a save please make a bug report in the report forum in case its a specific situation

Thanks, but remember its just a beta for now. we will add more and some of these might have issues so let us know and thanks for helping testing - it means we can bring out the patches faster
I would also like to add that my game is verifying constantly, every time I open the game it gets verified by Steam, literally the only game in my library that does it. So if there was a problem with my game, would have been found by now.

I would also like to add that my game is verifying constantly, every time I open the game it gets verified by Steam, literally the only game in my library that does it. So if there was a problem with my game, would have been found by now.
it sounds like some of your files are corrupt, rather than it being the game per se. As mentioned we cannot get it on our end, so it is almost impossible to replicate it without external help.

Have you tried to remove the PDX documents folder? (note this will remove all saves as well)

Reactions:
it sounds like some of your files are corrupt, rather than it being the game per se. As mentioned we cannot get it on our end, so it is almost impossible to replicate it without external help.

Have you tried to remove the PDX documents folder? (note this will remove all saves as well)
Or even just rename that folder, then relaunch the game. You can grab saves out of it later, to try if that otherwise helps with the problem.

Reactions:
What specific folder? The Paradox Interactive folder?
Remove
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV
and
...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Hearts of Iron IV
manually.
Dont just uninstall it via steam, actually remove the steam folder and the documents folder, then reinstall and see if something has changed.
Remember to backup your saves before

Reactions:
What specific folder? The Paradox Interactive folder?
HOI4 folder.PNG
The highlighted folder. With HOI4 not loaded, rename to Hearts of Iron IV OLD, delete, or move elsewhere. Then relaunch, should re-create, including settings. Don't delete, just rename or move if you have personal mods you made, not from Steam.

Or do as CraniumMuppet said.

Reactions:
Remove
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV
and
...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Hearts of Iron IV
manually.
Dont just uninstall it via steam, actually remove the steam folder and the documents folder, then reinstall and see if something has changed.
Remember to backup your saves before
Well I had no saves anyway, but thank you for the concern. Hopefully this fixes the stupid launcher problems as well.

I dont know if this is a known issue and it is not as urgent as the other ones but I think you can't assign multiple generals anymore. When you select multiple armies and then try to assign one general to each iat just doesn't assign them.

Was this a fresh new game on the beta or did you make that save on the release version?

I got this now testing myself also, so confirmed :)

Deffo a new game (I switched to the open beta, waited for it to update, then fired it up and got cracking, ironman off this time and with standard 'mod testing' autosave settings in place) - but it sounds like this is well under control now :)