• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OnwardsHayastan.png
Part two: Keeper of the Caucasus

Zero bis - Informations​

Armenian Republic
Հայաստանի Հանրապետություն
(Hayastani Hanrapetutyun)

800px-Flag_of_Armenia_svg.png

Flag

Anthem - Mer Hayrenik (Our Fatherland)
Capital - Yerevan
Demonym - Armenian, Armenians
Official language - Armenian
Religion - Armenian Apostolic Christianity
Government - Presidential Republic
Kerala (leader) of the Armenian Nation Field Marshal Drastamat Kanayan (proclaimed in 1936)
Ruling party - Armenian Fedayeen Party
National holiday - 26 August, 1936 (revolution day)
Area - More than 1.100.000 km² (claims on territories officially detained by Azerbaijan, Pontus, Georgia and Kurdistan)
Population (1936 est.) - About 6 millions
Currency - Armenian ruble

Armenia (Armenian: Հայաստան, Hayastan), officially in English the Democratic Republic of Armenia, is a landlocked mountainous country in Eurasia between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea in the Southern Caucasus. It borders Pontus and Cappadocia to the west, Georgia to the north, Azerbaijan to the east, and Iran, Kurdistan and Assyria to the south. A transcontinental country at the juncture of Eastern Europe and Western Asia, Armenia has had and continues to have extensive socio-political and cultural connections with Europe. Since the coup of Field Marshal Kanayan in August 1936, the country has now political links with Adolf Hitler's Germany and Benito Mussolini's Italy.

stefanmg said:
I don't think so. As far as I know, the real Armenia doesn't border Kurdistan and Assyria :p

Well, reading this page has promoted me to see the rest of Armenia as portrayed by the writer. :)

OnwardsHayastan.png
Part two: Keeper of the Caucasus

2.1 - Day of the Fedayeens​

Presidential Palace, Erevan, Erevan district, Armenia, September, 3 1936

ph_1038_1.jpg

-Armenia First!
-Armenia First!
-Armenia First!
-"Yeah, like you said", thought for himself Commander Hovhannes Petrossian, personnal aide to the Kerala (Leader), as he was crossing the many doors of the Presidential Palace, saluted by all the guards inside the palace. They were very concerned by showing their enthusiasm and loyalty to the new regime in order to avoid questions about their patriotism. Each one was raising their right arm and yelling "Armenia First" when anyone was coming, in a pityful parody of the nazi salute. But Commander Petrossian had to keep to others his personnal criticism, as he was entering the Kerala's office.

-Ah, my dear Hovhannes, this is such a nice day, huh?

Dro.jpg

Drastamat Kanayan, Field Marshal of the Armenian Army, Kerala of the Armenian Nation, Maker of the Armenian Renewal, Saviour of Armenia By the Grace of God and the Apolistic Church, was contemplating Erevan's streets from his window. He knew that throughout the country, his Secret Police, still led by Tehlirian, was chasing and eliminating any source of opposition. His Revolution was well advanced. Father Romanos, one of the henchmen of the Catholicos, appointed Foreign Minister, multiplied visits to the German and Italian embassies in order to secure a pact with the fascist powers. The Fedayeens who were definitely opposed to him shut their mouths when he chose Garegin Ndjeh as his Minister of Interior. Business boss had put their candidate, Berch Keresteciyan, the former Director of the Ottoman Bank, in the Ministry of Economy, where he had accepted the investments of Calouste Gulbenkian, the day following the coup.

Gulbenkian-29061936.png
Postcoup-26081936.png

-Yes, I must agree, it's a lovely day, my Kerala.

More than a week before, alcohol flew freely in the corridors of the Presidential Palace, as all resistance had been crushed by the coupsters. Anyone had been expected a hostile reaction abroad. But nothing happened. Georgia and Kurdistan were preoccuped by their own internal conflicts, Greece with its own war, Assyria was too happy to see an authoritarian regime take place in a fellow Christian country, Turkey was still too weak to react. Germany and Italy sent congratulations, USSR only condemned the coup by giving an luxurious residence to exiled Mikoyan, France and United Kingdom barely agreed to give room for a democratic Armenian government in exile, and America was too obsessed by the upcoming elections to mourn the democracy they had put in place twenty years ago.

-Well, then send to the different Ministries my last decisions. I have decided to enhance the rearmament program, with German and Italian help. We will enter negociations with Assyria to conclude a military alliance. And everything must be ready for an attack against Kurdistan, Azerbaijan and Georgia by the early 1938-1939's. If anyone wants to know what I want to do, tell them I'm only concerned with the glory of Armenia. And restoring its former self.

As you can imagine, I'm very busy with my own studies (French literature...This update is a pause in my analysis of Madame Bovary, by Gustave Flaubert ;) ), and also with the Kaiserpedia (please contribute! Not writing non sense in it, of course...) and, I must admit...The Sims. Yes, I know, this is not very Paradoxian, but it's my life, I do what I want. I have met a lovely half-Armenian girl this summer, so I have other projects about Armenia, such as making a novel set during WWII and involving two French Armenian brothers, one rallied to the Free French Forces and another one to Vichy France...

Enewald: A very strange one, as stefanmg said.
Yourworstnightm, innocex: Disappointed?
Nathan Madien: Welcome aboard!
Miihkali: Here we go.

Masked Pickle said:
-Well, then send to the different Ministries my last decisions. I have decided to enhance the rearmament program, with German and Italian help. We will enter negociations with Assyria to conclude a military alliance. And everything must be ready for an attack against Kurdistan, Azerbaijan and Georgia by the early 1938-1939's. If anyone wants to know what I want to do, tell them I'm only concerned with the glory of Armenia. And restoring its former self.

That sounds good enough to me.

Hello, folks...

I have been absent for some time from the Internet, and most particularly this AAR. The reasons? Well, they are many. I'm currently in a literature class, and I have a lot of work. I mean, it's HUGE. I spent my entire leisure time reading or doing homework, and I barely have time to write the novel I'm preparing or contribute to the Kaiserpedia ( http://editthis.info/kaiserreich/Main_Page )...And thus, playing HoI2. It's terrible because I had many AAR projects, most particularly a megacampaign beginning with a French lord...My computer is too old to support EUIII, by the way. Well, in order to tell the few remaining readers:

DUE TO LACK OF TIME AND COMPLETE LACK OF INTEREST, I'M FORCED TO CLOSE THIS AAR.

Thanks to Mehmet12 and Miihkali for the beautiful mod that Anatolian Wars was...And to the ones who could be interested in a new AAR of mine, please proceed to this new thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9353389