• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Still looking for people for a campaign. We've already got a couple of people on board, just trying to nail down available times for everyone. If your interested please send me an email. And any and all suggestions are always welcome.

Ok its looking like we will be doing this during the week. Now just to decide upon a time. We have 3 people so far and looking for more. And I have a topic for discussion while we wait. Are the Selucids to large an empire to be given to a human player at the very start? On that note feel free to list the countries you want. I am inbetween Rome and Carthage myself. If we have people wanting the same country maybe I can flip a quarter or something. Also how many players are there in a typical online campaign. At what point does it become crowded?

Cool. What time zone are you in? Im GMT -5 or Central Standard Time. What hours are you available during the week. I would like to be able to do our campaign on weeknights. I am available both weeknights and weekend nights but we had some people suggest doing it during the week. But it will ultimately depend on who actually gets on board by sending me emails and confirming their availability times. So if 3 people send me emails saying they are available on Monday and Wednesday nights only then thts what we'll do and vice versa. Also I am going to consider the countries first come first serve for the "Romanum Imperium" campaign. So Macedonia has just been claimed and I am deciding between Carthage and Rome myself although I am leaning towards Carthage. And once we get our players and play times nailed down we can then decide on house rules if any are suggested. I would prefer to let people take thier countries in any direction they choose. If you want to go on a rampage then by all means. As far as I'm concerned anything goes but I am flexible so if anyone has an issue with any aspect of the game we can address it. I'm ready as anyone to get this thing going so lets figure out whos in. I look forward to hearing from you guys and I'll be checking my email. Strength and Honor to you all.

If the previous two international games are anything to go by:

Sheltonious said:
Are the Selucids to large an empire to be given to a human player at the very start?

Size isn't everything, and indeed it's very likely that Egypt wins the initial war due to a massive manpower advantage. If a Pontic, Bosporan, or Armenian player also decide to join the war on Egypt's side, the Seleucid player is really in trouble.

Also how many players are there in a typical online campaign. At what point does it become crowded

Well, the essentials (at least if you want a campaign with lots of diplomacy and not just a deathmatch) are:

Rome
Carthage
Macedon
Egypt
Seleucid Empire

And if you have extra spots left:

Bosporan Kingdom
Armenia(?)

I wouldn't recommend a Pontus player (in both Alea Iacta Est and Mercurial, Pontus ended up trapped between too many players and eventually got annexed). A Gallic player might also be interesting now that they have an easier time civilizing, but it's going to be a big challenge nonetheless for him to ever become as powerful as the big 5.

I'd also really recommend communicating via forum posts instead of emailing. You might want to check out how previous games were set up (Mercurial is still on the 1st page and Alea Iacta Est is in my signature) for guidance.

Hope that helps, good luck with the campaign. It's well worth it once you get one rolling.

I would be interested in playing one night a week, Monday or Wednesday would be good.
I'm in the Eastern time zone (GMT -4, until fall forward, anyway) and could play in the 7/8 to 10/11 range. I would take any of the main five, but would prefer Seleucid, Egypt, Rome, Macedonia, or Carthage, in that order. But even one of the big minors (eg, Bosporus or Pontus) would be fun. This would be my first EU multiplayer game, so I'm eager to give it a start. From what I've read in the forums, it seems that ICQ is real helpful. I used to have an account but have let it lapse. If we get this campaign going, I think we should all get accounts rather than relying on emai.

i to wuld like to play online, i am a newbie and avaibelbe on the wekends
i am in Norway and dont know ecactly what the time sone is
gallic sounds fun for me

(sorry abaout the poor writting :(

Sorry for the delay guys, I just got done with a lengthy move. I hate moving. Anyways it seems like Monday nights are the common suggestion. So we can shoot for next Monday night. I know one person already listed the time they are available on monday night and I will need everyone else to list their availability times on monday night as well along with country preferences. Yes I do have MSN messenger but I prefer my Yahoo messenger. And you can add me on your Yahoo messenger (its free to download) with my email address from my first post. Well guys it looks like we are close to getting this thing started. So we are planning for Monday night and everybody let me know when you are available on Monday. Also if peoples availability changes after we start then we can adapt, or if people want to play more than one night a week then we can do that too.

ROMANUM IMPERIUM
Ok here is a list of the countries claimed thus far and who claimed them:

Rome: Vengance
Carthage: Sheltonious (me)
Selucid: KenG
Egypt: Dan of Kentucky
Macedonia: Sirrus

I have a request from another player to be a galic tribe which I will grant if he can join us. On that note if you are still interested and can play Monday nights then let me know.

dothejam11 said:
I'd Join if thats alright......Just need to know when u guys are playing....

What country do you want? All the big ones have already been taken.

Hey guys Dan of Kentucky will be unavailable this upcoming Monday on Sept 1st but will be available the following day on Tuesday Sept 2nd. I would like to start this upcomng week instead of waiting another week to start. So if you guys could make yourselves available for Tuesday night at 6:30pm (GMT-5) that would be awesome. If not its not the end of the world. And if we are able to get everyone together on tuesday we can continue the campaign on monday nights starting next monday. I am scheduling this around everyones availability. Once everyone confirms with me that they are onboard then i will post our own campaign thread. Three of our players have already sent me emails and two have added me on their yahoo mesenger (which is free). These things make it easier for me to communicate with everyone. So everyone get in touch with me and let me know if we can get this campaign started on Tuesday.